Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

3rd Sundering of Azeroth is coming

It's no secret that WoW desperately needs another reset/revamp. The old world leveling storyline is so broken and disjointed thanks to so many expansions, that it's a bit of a joke. There are tons of bugs in the old world that never get fixed (just encountered by me, you can't enter the Dark Portal any longer to visit Outland, and must be ported to Shattrath).

With Pandas and Allied Races being opened up to the DK class in the near future, it pretty much confirms for me that Blizz is getting ready to do a reset for the next expansion. Whether this 3rd Sundering will happen due to N'Zoth fall out, a new Scourge invasion, Nyalotha, Void Lords, or any number of other threats, I think we should be ready for a revamped Azeroth to be announced at Blizzcon.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's what I'm counting on.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so, and this time I hope they go with a more conservative set up for the old world. As fun as putting a gaint tornado in the middle of a zone or shatering that big dam is, it dose get old to look at a lot faster..... I always liken it to a kid who built a Lego set then had fun "destroying" it, ya it was fun to do, but now it's not nearly as pleasing to look at.

We will know in 3 weeks.

If they do I hope they finally fix the draenei and blood elf cities.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if it's not a 3rd sundering and the world revamp is because it's been 10 years and we've had a Legion Invasion, the Fourth War, and an unleashed Old God since then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    I hope so, and this time I hope they go with a more conservative set up for the old world. As fun as putting a gaint tornado in the middle of a zone or shatering that big dam is, it dose get old to look at a lot faster..... I always liken it to a kid who built a Lego set then had fun "destroying" it, ya it was fun to do, but now it's not nearly as pleasing to look at.
    The new world had a lot of shock value moments but it lacked litearlly every iconic bit from the OG WoW. I really hope for another revamp they try and scale it all back again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    More importantly, I really hope they add the replaced content into caverns of time as a seperate zone/continent so quests and their rewards are not removed from the game. That irritated me more than anything else with Cataclysm, its one thing to revamp content, its another to literally remove it and make it unplayable.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    More importantly, I really hope they add the replaced content into caverns of time as a seperate zone/continent so quests and their rewards are not removed from the game. That irritated me more than anything else with Cataclysm, its one thing to revamp content, its another to literally remove it and make it unplayable.
    If you ask me all content prior to 9.0 should get moved there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If they do I hope they finally fix the draenei and blood elf cities.
    You mean actually give the draenei a city and not having them just living in a ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    You mean actually give the draenei a city and not having them just living in a ship.
    Yes. All that new draenei architecture from WoD is just going to waste. Use it to make the draenei a proper home.

I find the outland portal bug pretty funny tbh. Lets not forget we were in ICC and Ruby Sanctum on top of it for a loooong time, which gave them ample time to revamp the world for the Cataclysm. So if you want a revamp, you will also need to do Nyalotha for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I find the outland portal bug pretty funny tbh. Lets not forget we were in ICC and Ruby Sanctum on top of it for a loooong time, which gave them ample time to revamp the world for the Cataclysm. So if you want a revamp, you will also need to do Nyalotha for a very long time.
    Thing is Cataclysm they literally deleted the old world files and rebuilt it all from scratch. Also we have indications that they are working hard on a revamp already. 8.3 comes without a new zone, just new doodads, and the team that was doing a lot of revamping for Warfronts has suddenly disappeared ever since 8.1.

Excellent - we can't attack until the 4th sunder.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The shit you people smoke...you think they will rewamp Azeroth now that they have more expansions to cover? Remember Cata and how that affected the amount of content? You're dellusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    There are tons of bugs in the old world that never get fixed (just encountered by me, you can't enter the Dark Portal any longer to visit Outland, and must be ported to Shattrath).
    What? This is not a bug. Dark Portal goes to AU Draenor, you get to Hellfire Peninsula by using a Portal in the mage tower in SW

Azeroth is fine, its all of the expansion content imo that is stuck in the past that is the problem. If they revamp vanilla again while leaving silvermoon and exodar in outland then i will consider it a failure.
    The absolute last thing a new player needs is to go to outland to level. Thats whats messy, not hillsbrad, not stranglethorn, not ashenvale.

Am I missing something? Why cant you enter the dark portal to outlands?

Isnt the dragon lady in blasted lands to let you visit the zone like it was previous to WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Please do not do a revamp that leaves the world again in a state of constant crisis.
    They need a default world with crisis prosthetics that they can change on a dime. Having everything set to 5min after the cataclysm is bad. Being able to swap out twilights hammer with legion forces or lightforged baddies or scourge dynamically would go a long way

It needs to happen, it should happen, but then again - if China doesn't want to happen, it's not going to happen.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes. All that new draenei architecture from WoD is just going to waste. Use it to make the draenei a proper home.
    Pretty much all of the races now have updated architecture and items. I don't get why they don't replace those!