Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Yeah, you wish.
    AMD's 3000 series matches Intel price for price in games, while beating them at everything else outside of the super high-end where Intel wins out, slightly, in gaming. It's just, objectively, better to buy AMD right now unless you're going for a 9900k for a JUST gaming machine, or have some sort of specialized needs that require Intel uarch

Yeah, like people that know what they are doing.
    Like people who have the money to spend on getting less value for their money*

Seriously, the 3600 is the best value chip on the market. I don't agree with him calling it high end, because.. It really isn't, but saying that "people who know what they're doing" would buy higher is just silly, you're basically trying to argue that only people with a lot of money know things about PCs, which just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    AMD's 3000 series matches Intel price for price in games, while beating them at everything else outside of the super high-end where Intel wins out, slightly, in gaming. It's just, objectively, better to buy AMD right now unless you're going for a 9900k for a JUST gaming machine, or have some sort of specialized needs that require Intel uarch

Like people who have the money to spend on getting less value for their money*

Seriously, the 3600 is the best value chip on the market. I don't agree with him calling it high end, because.. It really isn't, but saying that "people who know what they're doing" would buy higher is just silly, you're basically trying to argue that only people with a lot of money know things about PCs, which just isn't true.
    Depends on who you ask. And I didn't say people who know what they are doing would buy higher. I am saying they would buy what is better.
    And no, I am not saying that people with a lot of money know things about PCs. I am saying rarely who does.
    "Each and every citizen of Orgrimmar is worth ten Alliance weaklings on the battlefield."
    "You are all nothing!"

You can only buy CPU for 200$ that is probably not even a decent one.
    Whats your endgoal with this post? Did you write this just to put OP down because he only has 200$ to spend?
    How is this helpful in any way?

That is more like low-mid tier.
    Its mid-tier if you look at the newest generations.
    If you look at what people actually have out there in the world, its high tier. Steam-survey shows that 24% are on 2 cores, 52% on 4 cores, 17% on 6 cores, and 4% on 8 cores.

Where do Ryzen 7 and 9 fall into if R5 is high tier? I mean, one of the most important question that no benchmark and no CPU review does is, which one is more reliable? Intel or AMD? In my experience, having AMD and having Intel, Intel has always been the 110% stable one where AMD was not. There is also something called quality of build.

I'll just leave this here because this is what I agree with. It's from last years but nothing changed that much really. You decide if it's "decent" or just good alternative.
    Yes, lets use older generations as an example and just ignore that the 3rd gen took major strides in gaming performance, and has Intel beat in price\performance atm. Lets also factor in personal experience, because everyone knows that what you experience is what everyone experiences.

Also, please elaborate on your "quality of build" statement.
    Are the CPUs falling apart? Is the silicon produced by TSMC bad? Are the motherboards made by various vendors bad?
    Or are you just spouting random bs in an attempt to solidify your opinionated claims as fact?

Yeah, like people that know what they are doing.
    Seeing how we're talking about personal experiences, I can add that in my experience people who tends to buy extreme hardware are people with too much money. High price, big numbers must mean best right? Rarely do you see people who actually buys enthusiast hardware for their actual needs, especially with gamers.

Depends on who you ask. And I didn't say people who know what they are doing would buy higher. I am saying they would buy what is better.
    And no, I am not saying that people with a lot of money know things about PCs. I am saying rarely who does.
    Keep rowing that boat, maybe you'll find the point you're looking for eventually.

Your opinions on what tier the 3600 is wont change the fact that its the best choice for OP at his 200$ pricepoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Whats your endgoal with this post? Did you write this just to put OP down because he only has 200$ to spend?
    How is this helpful in any way?
    It's helpful in a way of telling that he will get not so great CPU for 200$. Does he want that? I surely don't and he did not mention it.

Its mid-tier if you look at the newest generations.
    If you look at what people actually have out there in the world, its high tier. Steam-survey shows that 24% are on 2 cores, 52% on 4 cores, 17% on 6 cores, and 4% on 8 cores.
    Okay? Nice statistic.

Yes, lets use older generations as an example and just ignore that the 3rd gen took major strides in gaming performance, and has Intel beat in price\performance atm. Lets also factor in personal experience, because everyone knows that what you experience is what everyone experiences.

Also, please elaborate on your "quality of build" statement.
    Are the CPUs falling apart? Is the silicon produced by TSMC bad? Are the motherboards made by various vendors bad?
    Or are you just spouting random bs in an attempt to solidify your opinionated claims as fact?
    What is there to elaborate? I have yet to find someone who will tell me "I'm using 5-7 years AMD configuration without any problems" and by that I mean, I have yet to find someone that will tell me "My computer works same as the day I bought it". There is nothing random in saying AMD is viable alternative for Intel.

Seeing how we're talking about personal experiences, I can add that in my experience people who tends to buy extreme hardware are people with too much money. High price, big numbers must mean best right? Rarely do you see people who actually buys enthusiast hardware for their actual needs, especially with gamers.
    I never stated that everyone should strive to buy extremely expensive hardware. In matter of fact, you will hear first from me that there is absolutely no necessity to go for i7 just for gaming where i5 will suffice just greatly enough. No one needs i7 just for gaming.

Higher price means better, not the best.

Keep rowing that boat, maybe you'll find the point you're looking for eventually.
    Your opinions on what tier the 3600 is wont change the fact that its the best choice for OP at his 200$ pricepoint.
    I am not trying to find a point. I am giving one. I am trying help OP to not get disappoint. AMD is viable alternative and if that's what you want - go for it.
    "Each and every citizen of Orgrimmar is worth ten Alliance weaklings on the battlefield."
    "You are all nothing!"

It's helpful in a way of telling that he will get not so great CPU for 200$. Does he want that? I surely don't and he did not mention it.
    But you're objectively wrong though. 3600 is a great CPU for 200$.
    Having more powerful, more expensive options doesnt mean that the 3600 is bad, how is this so hard to understand?

Okay? Nice statistic.
    Its a direct answer to your "low-mid" tier post, and this is the best you can come up with?

What is there to elaborate? I have yet to find someone who will tell me "I'm using 5-7 years AMD configuration without any problems" and by that I mean, I have yet to find someone that will tell me "My computer works same as the day I bought it". There is nothing random in saying AMD is viable alternative for Intel.
    Build-quality has nothing to do with how relevant a CPU stays over the years.
    There are tons of people out there using FX CPUs without issues. Sure, they're not the best performance-wise, but still fully functional today. Same thing goes for Intel stuff. Tons of people using old gen stuff from Intel and AMD, stuff that has the same performance it had back in the days.
    Is that performance good enough for todays applications? That depends, but that still doesnt mean that there is heavy performance degradation involved.
    Software evolves, and old hardware does not, which is why people buy new shit.

And again, stop using your anecdotal experiences. Just because you havent heard of them doesnt mean they dont exist.

I never stated that everyone should strive to buy extremely expensive hardware. In matter of fact, you will hear first from me that there is absolutely no necessity to go for i7 just for gaming where i5 will suffice just greatly enough. No one needs i7 just for gaming.

Higher price means better, not the best.
    And this is where we're at. You know you just contradicted yourself with that sentence right?
    We just went from "You can only buy CPU for 200$ that is probably not even a decent one." to "for gaming where i5 will suffice just greatly enough. No one needs i7 just for gaming."

You know that 200$ is i5 territory right? 9600k is 236$ atm.

I am not trying to find a point. I am giving one. I am trying help OP to not get disappoint. AMD is viable alternative and if that's what you want - go for it.
    I'm just amazed at the backpedaling in this post. If you compare page 1 OneWay to page 2 OneWay, its like 2 completely different persons.
    Hell, if you sent this thread to Guinness World Records, you'd go down as the greatest backpedaller in internet history.

Do you even remember what you wrote earlier in the thread?

snip
    Just ignore him. Either he is a troll or a massive colossal idiot. Many of those here. Both of them.

On topic op. For your budget get a Ryzen 5 3600. It the best CPU you can get for your current budget. Heck even with higher budgets it is a serious contender for performance.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

That Asrock board may not work straight out of the box, it's possible it needs a BIOS update for the 3rd gen Ryzen processor. For a sure bet get something like B450 Tomahawk MAX (if you have an ATX case that is).

Man, OP. Dont go into a shop with so little knowledge, you will just be scammed by a seller whoes...sorry no offense, as uninformed as you. Well maybe you get lucky with a good guy.

Also, get 16 GB ram but in dual channel, aka buy 2 sticks of ram of 8 GB.

Anywho...if you know so little, why you even upgrading your own PC? I mean you need a cooler, and paste as well if you take it apart. IIRC ryzen 3rd gen did include a cooler in the box through.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Man, OP. Dont go into a shop with so little knowledge, you will just be scammed by a seller whoes...sorry no offense, as uninformed as you. Well maybe you get lucky with a good guy.

Also, get 16 GB ram but in dual channel, aka buy 2 sticks of ram of 8 GB.

Anywho...if you know so little, why you even upgrading your own PC? I mean you need a cooler, and paste as well if you take it apart. IIRC ryzen 3rd gen did include a cooler in the box through.
    I have always done it like this though. I get suggestions, write them down and go to the shops then they do the rest for me. It has been fine for like 10 years like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I have always done it like this though. I get suggestions, write them down and go to the shops then they do the rest for me. It has been fine for like 10 years like this.
    PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.79 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($82.89 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($70.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $348.67
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-13 05:37 EDT-0400

I would go with something like this.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Well thats nice man. Just suprised you have the balls to build it yourself as well then. Or maybe you have a nice friend or family member Cause...erhm, if you change Motherboard you literally change the hole PC...Everything has to come out nearly.

Also post above me is spot on. Some manufactors make a good MB in that price category while their exspensive once can suck etc...its hard, and you need to do your own research on that. Eg a 300 dollar board from Asus can be good, but their 500 dollar board could be bad.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

I'm just amazed at the backpedaling in this post. If you compare page 1 OneWay to page 2 OneWay, its like 2 completely different persons.
    Hell, if you sent this thread to Guinness World Records, you'd go down as the greatest backpedaller in internet history.

Do you even remember what you wrote earlier in the thread?
    Just dont reply to his bs anymore dude.
    It is pretty obvious he is not familiar with the 3000 cpu series and instead of listing up facts, numbers why the 3600 should be considered low-tier he is just trashtalking. Probably to trigger people. Or he really is a wannabe elitist who thinks it is necessary to get a way more expensive cpu for only a slight perfomance upgrade while most games bottleneck still will be the gpu. Hell, he didn't even read what OP wrote...

- - - Updated - - -

So, this Ryzen 5 3600 is the best one. Which mainboard and 16g RAM should I buy to go with it?
    If you go for the 3600 just let me tell you that the stock cooler can be a pain in the a to install. And it can get pretty loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Well thats nice man. Just suprised you have the balls to build it yourself as well then. Or maybe you have a nice friend or family member Cause...erhm, if you change Motherboard you literally change the hole PC...Everything has to come out nearly.

Also post above me is spot on. Some manufactors make a good MB in that price category while their exspensive once can suck etc...its hard, and you need to do your own research on that. Eg a 300 dollar board from Asus can be good, but their 500 dollar board could be bad.
    The magic is I don't put them together myself. I let whoever I buy from do it!.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.79 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($82.89 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($70.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $348.67
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-13 05:37 EDT-0400

I would go with something like this.
    Thank you very much.