Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That Asrock board may not work straight out of the box, it's possible it needs a BIOS update for the 3rd gen Ryzen processor. For a sure bet get something like B450 Tomahawk MAX (if you have an ATX case that is).

Man, OP. Dont go into a shop with so little knowledge, you will just be scammed by a seller whoes...sorry no offense, as uninformed as you. Well maybe you get lucky with a good guy.

Also, get 16 GB ram but in dual channel, aka buy 2 sticks of ram of 8 GB.

Anywho...if you know so little, why you even upgrading your own PC? I mean you need a cooler, and paste as well if you take it apart. IIRC ryzen 3rd gen did include a cooler in the box through.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Man, OP. Dont go into a shop with so little knowledge, you will just be scammed by a seller whoes...sorry no offense, as uninformed as you. Well maybe you get lucky with a good guy.

Also, get 16 GB ram but in dual channel, aka buy 2 sticks of ram of 8 GB.

Anywho...if you know so little, why you even upgrading your own PC? I mean you need a cooler, and paste as well if you take it apart. IIRC ryzen 3rd gen did include a cooler in the box through.
    I have always done it like this though. I get suggestions, write them down and go to the shops then they do the rest for me. It has been fine for like 10 years like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I have always done it like this though. I get suggestions, write them down and go to the shops then they do the rest for me. It has been fine for like 10 years like this.
    PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.79 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($82.89 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($70.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $348.67
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-13 05:37 EDT-0400

I would go with something like this.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Well thats nice man. Just suprised you have the balls to build it yourself as well then. Or maybe you have a nice friend or family member Cause...erhm, if you change Motherboard you literally change the hole PC...Everything has to come out nearly.

Also post above me is spot on. Some manufactors make a good MB in that price category while their exspensive once can suck etc...its hard, and you need to do your own research on that. Eg a 300 dollar board from Asus can be good, but their 500 dollar board could be bad.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post

I'm just amazed at the backpedaling in this post. If you compare page 1 OneWay to page 2 OneWay, its like 2 completely different persons.
    Hell, if you sent this thread to Guinness World Records, you'd go down as the greatest backpedaller in internet history.

Do you even remember what you wrote earlier in the thread?
    Just dont reply to his bs anymore dude.
    It is pretty obvious he is not familiar with the 3000 cpu series and instead of listing up facts, numbers why the 3600 should be considered low-tier he is just trashtalking. Probably to trigger people. Or he really is a wannabe elitist who thinks it is necessary to get a way more expensive cpu for only a slight perfomance upgrade while most games bottleneck still will be the gpu. Hell, he didn't even read what OP wrote...

- - - Updated - - -

So, this Ryzen 5 3600 is the best one. Which mainboard and 16g RAM should I buy to go with it?
    If you go for the 3600 just let me tell you that the stock cooler can be a pain in the a to install. And it can get pretty loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Well thats nice man. Just suprised you have the balls to build it yourself as well then. Or maybe you have a nice friend or family member Cause...erhm, if you change Motherboard you literally change the hole PC...Everything has to come out nearly.

Also post above me is spot on. Some manufactors make a good MB in that price category while their exspensive once can suck etc...its hard, and you need to do your own research on that. Eg a 300 dollar board from Asus can be good, but their 500 dollar board could be bad.
    The magic is I don't put them together myself. I let whoever I buy from do it!.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($194.79 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($82.89 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($70.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $348.67
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-13 05:37 EDT-0400

I would go with something like this.
    Thank you very much.