Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
65
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    To all those people who are saying he violated a rule, so he deserved it, here is the rule:

    Rule 6.1, which reads:

    Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms.

    Without even considering that the application of the rule it subjective to "Blizzard's sole discretion" that its image has been damaged, the only reason this could happen is because Chinese communists who want to oppress Hong Kong are angry or offended by it. They are the only "group of the public" that would be offended by someone showing support for people fighting to keep their freedom. So no matter what Blizzard says, the decision was made because it made them look bad in China.
    Or the thousands of people watching who don't want politics in their game stream, I for one would rather it be left out because we watch that kind of thing to ESCAPE from the real world BS.

  2. #282
    The Lightbringer DesoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Hell...
    Posts
    3,239
    This answer is full of crap seriously.

    Blizzcon 2018: Don't you have guys phones?
    Blizzcon 2019: Don't you have guys communism?
    Blizzcon 2020: Guys?

    All i have to say.

  3. #283
    Dreadlord Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Teldrassil
    Posts
    791
    The same would happen to one if he would do this on a soccer/foodball game.or whatever sport game. Grow up kids
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Qil | Licht | Sieg |Wut
    + many more (only night and void elves plus some draenei)

  4. #284
    Why did he put three dots in the beginning? To underline he despises the community?

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    The same would happen to one if he would do this on a soccer/foodball game.or whatever sport game. Grow up kids
    Try doing it at work as well, you'll soon find yourself holding a box with your little dancing hulu girl in it in the parking lot.

  6. #286
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    16,949
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Don't tacitly support a tyrannical dictatorship - it's really not that hard to understand. Activision-blizzard literally turns billions in profits every year. They by no means *need* the Chinese market.
    I don't really think that's up to even J Allen brack. He's still too low on the pole for that decision. I'm pretty sure they would have to have a vote or something. They basically sent brack out to die. I mostly blame kottick and netease. Even still if people really have a problem with this you need to contact your local government.

  7. #287
    Seems like a perfectly reasonable and fair resolution. He did knowingly break the rules and should suffer some consequences. Blizzard needs to stay neutral in these matters and that is just what they have done. They don't need to apologize at all.
    AMD FX-6300 CPU
    AMD RX470 GPU
    16gb RAM
    1 TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So you're ok if all the Blizzard players that live in China and Hong Kong are forbidden to play not only Hearthstone, but all Blizzard games, over a "relatively innocuous, albeit political statement"? Because that's what was likely to happen, considering the Chinese government is quick to ban things they find offensive.
    The level of mental gymnastics you had to go to to write that sentence is pretty astounding. A corrupt dictatorship is threatening people's freedoms so the best thing to do is capitulate to the dictatorship's demands for less freedom? Do you even hear yourself? I bet you're the kind of person that thinks the slaves should have just stayed in slavery because they would have had a better time of it than fighting for freedom and risking punishment.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    To all those people who are saying he violated a rule, so he deserved it, here is the rule:

    Rule 6.1, which reads:

    Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms.

    Without even considering that the application of the rule it subjective to "Blizzard's sole discretion" that its image has been damaged, the only reason this could happen is because Chinese communists who want to oppress Hong Kong are angry or offended by it. They are the only "group of the public" that would be offended by someone showing support for people fighting to keep their freedom. So no matter what Blizzard says, the decision was made because it made them look bad in China.
    People need to understand that it sets precedence. Today it's fighting for human rights for Hong Kong, but tomorrow it's fighting for or against Trump for presidency of 2020. Then, since they didn't ban the previous application of "freedom of speech", where does it stop?

    Did they vastly overreact? Yes. They've since lowered the sentencing to six months and returned the money, which is a step in the right direction even if it took community backlash. They're still screwing up in places, but them banning the guy in the first place was not one of those screw ups. The severity was.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    This answer is full of crap seriously.

    Blizzcon 2018: Don't you have guys phones?
    Blizzcon 2019: Don't you have guys communism?
    Blizzcon 2020: Guys?

    All i have to say.
    Which makes no sense at all. A bunch of gibberish.
    AMD FX-6300 CPU
    AMD RX470 GPU
    16gb RAM
    1 TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Seems like a perfectly reasonable and fair resolution. He did knowingly break the rules and should suffer some consequences. Blizzard needs to stay neutral in these matters and that is just what they have done. They don't need to apologize at all.
    Why are you overlooking the fact that they were perfectly fine not punishing an American team for displaying a political message, or the fact that they released an extremely pro-China statement recently? The former is outright hypocrisy, and the latter is pretty far from neutral.

  12. #292
    Does anyone actually give a shit about this? Oh no, you got banned from a fictional game with no impact on your actual life. Maybe next time use the proper forum to protest and not at Blizzard's expense.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAH

    No.

    Do they seriously think this bullshit "Ok, you guys got mad, so we're just gonna reduce the sentence, ignore the human rights context, and hope China-Daddy stays happy" is going to fly with...well...ANYONE? Chinese officials (and their army of bots) will be pissed that Blizzard relented slightly, while virtuallly everyone else will see this for what it is--a hideously disguised copout. Blizzard's leadership are proving to be little more than obsequious toadies to their Chinese investors
    Apart from game developing do you want them to be your dad?
    If you guys had any clue in how to run a business you wouldnt be here posting crap.
    People are really out of reality.

  14. #294
    I can understand them. And actually you can't blame them either.
    If a hong kong sympathiser could talk, what about a chinese sympathiser? Or a white supremacist, or basically any one? Where do you fixe the limit? So they don't tolerate anything. It's the only good position they can take.

    Ho and more than half the products you buy come from china. So also, stop being hypocrites.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2019-10-12 at 06:51 AM.

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    A corrupt dictatorship is threatening people's freedoms so the best thing to do is capitulate to the dictatorship's demands for less freedom?
    The opposite actually - you even quoted the exact opposite.
    He didn't want MORE freedoms taken away over some protest.

    You don't get to influence a game if you aren't in the game, you don't get to influence China if you aren't allowed in China.

    It is a fine balance which many of the social media whingers posting in here just aren't aware of.

    Sports has long been a way of allowing the world into oppressive regimes, let's keep it that way ok.

    Boycotting Blizzard is like a lactose intolerant person boycotting milk purchases to protest about cruelty to cows, then eating his hamburger whilst doing so.
    If you want to protest against China - then do something meaningful and protest against China

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Or the thousands of people watching who don't want politics in their game stream, I for one would rather it be left out because we watch that kind of thing to ESCAPE from the real world BS.
    Maybe you should stop trying to escape reality for a change. Politics and the struggle for individual freedoms pervades every aspect of human life, including games. This idea that games are somehow supposed to be non political is a complete farce. Blizzard games in particular have deliberately or indirectly included political themes since their very inception.

  17. #297
    I don't know if they could have crafted a worse statement than this.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    "We are very angered and disappointed in what happened at the event last weekend and highly object to the expression of personal political beliefs, as always we will defend the pride and dignity of China."

    Direct quote from Blizzard.

    But don't worry guys his specific views had nothing to do with it.
    This
    /10 char

  19. #299
    Gotta love all the Americans going on about China's oppression and human rights violations while ignoring that the US's record in these areas is as bad - if not worse. (At least China only oppresses its own citizens). At least China does not try to spread communism around the world.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The opposite actually - you even quoted the exact opposite.
    He didn't want MORE freedoms taken away over some protest.

    You don't get to influence a game if you aren't in the game, you don't get to influence China if you aren't allowed in China.

    It is a fine balance which many of the social media whingers posting in here just aren't aware of.

    Sports has long been a way of allowing the world into oppressive regimes, let's keep it that way ok.
    That might be one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. Influence over foreign regimes and dictatorships can and does come from outside sources. What do you think things like sanctions and worldwide protests are? You must be extremely young and naive if you believe that the only way change can happen is if people inside a country are allowed to keep gaming while simultaneously being silenced from expressing the need for the very change you seem to believe they can make.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Gotta love all the Americans going on about China's oppression and human rights violations while ignoring that the US's record in these areas is as bad - if not worse. (At least China only oppresses its own citizens). At least China does not try to spread communism around the world.
    I'm going to assume you're probably a Chinese bot or a baiter, but regardless, what you're doing is the exact definition of whataboutism. If you want to discuss the United States' many failings on human rights, you are more than welcome to do so in a separate thread. But it currently has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand, as the US government is not currently pressuring blizzard to silence its players.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Apart from game developing do you want them to be your dad?
    If you guys had any clue in how to run a business you wouldnt be here posting crap.
    People are really out of reality.
    Was this even a sentence? I've been running a business for over 6 years and somehow haven't felt compelled to needlessly censor my employees from making non-threatening remarks. But do go on queen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •