Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    How about a link to all this? Strangely I can't seem to find this response.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...ngs_statement/

He also did Q-A on stream which I copied from comments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    IMO its more unacceptable saying "he broke the rule" than "receiving zero money"

Because IF the rule was broken, it says the person gets zero money. And that part is clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why wasnt this posted by Blizzard? If its that obvious why didnt they post this?

So stupid. This was only disclosed now
    because why does blizzard need to post it? its against the rules, they said so, and it was, they dont need to go and cite the rules, they shouldn't need to.
    no politics/anything controversial should be mentioned on a video game stream.

yes over in the west its obvious about hong kong
    but just like here in the west where we have families split between trump and hillary, its the same over there with china and hong kong, there is MANY even tons in hong kong itself that approve of china, there is many in hong kong who are angry at the protests as its making it worse on themselves, its a mess, not everyone agrees, especially over there in the east where it is a very obvious problem.

here in the americas we have debates and people killing eachother over "TRUMP, HILLIARY, BERNJIE" how do people not understand it is the same over there? not everyone in china agrees with hong kong, not everyone in hong kong agrees with hong kong, and not everyone surrounding china and hong kong agree with china or hong kong.

there will always be sides, the world is not black and white, and companies dont want to get into that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    There are people up in arms over anyone criticizing Blizz's actions when the reality is Blizz had the choice of how to react. They chose to overreact with an extreme punishment and then double down on their own stupidity by taking a week to finally say something and then not making it right. They have come off looking awful.
    1. a week is not 3 and a half days my dude
    2. a company wants to take time to make sure they make a good statement, rushing to a punchline was what caused this whole situation
    3. how did they double down? they backed off
    4. how did they not make it right? they gave him his prize money, rehired the casters but with a 6 month suspension, and halved the dudes ban, so he can compete next blizzcon instead of not at all. For 3 people that broke the rules, especially the casters, if you were at work and broke a contract, would you get up in arms when they fire you and dont hire you back?

5. how do you feel it was not enough, what do you feel they should have done?

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to see if they are the same.

Because if they are the same, the situation is even stranger.
    Why not show us the CLEAR rule break
    And instead show us the rule where he is strip of all the money if broken?

Really strange.

Oh you meant this?

which it then references to that thing i linked you earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I would love to see if they are the same.

Because if they are the same, the situation is even stranger.
    Why not show us the CLEAR rule break
    And instead show us the rule where he is strip of all the money if broken?

Really strange.
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/hear...pacific-ruling

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...4507077190.pdf

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You are posting Collegiate rules, they are different from the Grandmasters rule.
    they are referenced, along side
    there ya go you got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because why does blizzard need to post it? its against the rules, they said so, and it was, they dont need to go and cite the rules, they shouldn't need to.
    no politics/anything controversial should be mentioned on a video game stream.
    Dont have to post ?
    They posted it in the offical announcement

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/bl...pacific-ruling

It clearly says which rule was broken.

If there was a more clear rule break, why not post it? And instead show us the rule where he is stripped of all money?
    Seems to me they wanted to go balls deep on the guy...for some reason.

Yeah, lets totally ignore the CLEAR rule break...lets instead give him the rule where is stripped of all money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they are referenced, along side
    there ya go you got it.
    Referenced alongside? How so?
    Is a big fail by Blizzard not showing us the rules you posted.

So dumb, a lot of drama could have been avoided
    Last edited by Roanda; 2019-10-12 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    Well that would make sense, wouldn't it? If the player was German and came out praising the nazis that would have been a lot different than someone who speaks for oppressed people. I am all for sticking to the rules but this was a very specific situation that could have been handled in a different way. Punishment? Yes. Total ban and destruction? Nope.
    The player though is not German and the conflict is not about Nazis vs the world. A few posters here have specified how this is a more diverse topic in terms of opinions and behaviours that is unfortunately set in the western media as simple, binary argument (good guys vs bad state) because sadly that's all we can do nowadays.

3+ Year Old Account
    think globally, every voice matters etc. - u think u do, JAllenBrack, but u dont.

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    This is the major issue here. they deliver content to children!!! to CHILDREN. meaning they have to fullfill some sort of philosophy. With this satement. Blizzard shoveled its own grave.
    You would once again be immaculately incorrect. Blizzard is a publicly traded company, meaning legally they have a responsibility to their shareholders. And that legal responsibility far supersedes any moral responsibility you may feel they have to shout your message. Excluding themselves from the largest growing gaming segment in the world would have cost their shareholders billions. Though the initial response was harsh, the player plain and simple BROKE THE RULES. And whether you support the message or not, that forum is not his to make whatever political statements he chooses. Be it " Free Hong Kong" , "Fuck the Police" "Deport all the Illegals" or " Death to America" the hearthstone webcast is not the spot for it. End of story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if he even wrote it. The phrasing on this statement is wacky as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is such horse shit. Look at their official Hearthstone state on Chinese Twitter. It CLEARLY states they will defend the pride of Chine at all costs. It's pathetic to use the broken ToS loophole. I cannot believe a company I've always respected and spent so much time and money supporting would turn into what they have.

I understand at the end of the day it is a business decision, and that's fine, it's how they choose to do business. I choose to not support them any longer which really sucks since I do genuinely enjoy their products. I just can't in good conscience support them anymore especially after this load of shit.

Referenced alongside? How so?
    Is a big fail by Blizzard not showing us the rules you posted.

So dumb, a lot of drama could have been avoided
    I doubt the drama will be avoid even if the rules where show, since those rules that blizzard post are like the normal rule for any video game tournament.

The drama is base on ppl hate train for blizzard, and the ability of everyone commingle a Social Heroe from a keyboard on internet.

bet you 1000$ that 90% ppl that are supporting Bliztchung have zero clue about what happening on HK

How can anyone say how Blitzchung is smart... after he did such a dumb thing? Its insane how naive some people are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I wonder if he even wrote it. The phrasing on this statement is wacky as hell.
    Bingo someone already did a language breakdown of it I got a good laugh out of some of the other stuff people have found like this gem about the timestamp of the artical
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

People are still on about this?

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    I doubt the drama will be avoid even if the rules where show, since those rules that blizzard post are like the normal rule for any video game tournament.

The drama is base on ppl hate train for blizzard, and the ability of everyone commingle a Social Heroe from a keyboard on internet.

bet you 1000$ that 90% ppl that are supporting Bliztchung have zero clue about what happening on HK
    It would at least make it COMPLETELY CLEAR he broke the rules.
    Said something about Politics? Here is a rule against that CLEARLY saying he cant do so.

IMO a lot of drama could have been avoided that way.

Completely dumb that it wasnt done so by BLizzard.
    Instead we are pointed to some dumb rule who says a lot of nothing that leads to stripping the person out of all the money. Like...what the hell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    Blizzard wasn't in a 'lose-lose' situation at all. They could have pulled the camera away and actually not punish anyone at all. I totally disagree with the people who think somehow Blizz had no choice.
    And then China, like it does to everything they don't like, ban Blizzard's access to China, meaning millions of players can no longer access Blizzard games, meaning a lot of innocents get hurt. It also means a huge cut on Blizzard's bottom line that could lead to more layoffs. But surely all those millions of players and those that lost their jobs would be ok with it "because it's a good cause" they didn't sign up to join?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And then China, like it does to everything they don't like, ban Blizzard's access to China, meaning millions of players can no longer access Blizzard games, meaning a lot of innocents get hurt. It also means a huge cut on Blizzard's bottom line that could lead to more layoffs. But surely all those millions of players and those that lost their jobs would be ok with it "because it's a good cause" they didn't sign up to join?
    They generally don't care about chinese gamers. Hell a lot have come out to say Chinese gamers should be banned regardless because of MTX or because they won't die in uprisings against the communist party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    the day after the HK guy (blitzchung or however u spell it) did his protest on camera, an american team did the same thing from a college campus (camera quickly cut away) but the team faced no punishment or fines.

In fact, that team waited a few days for blizz to punish them with nothing and ended up quitting themselves to make a statement against Blizzards hypocrisy
    well I remember 2 years ago there was some political sh8t in hearthstone tournament in australia too, but i can't remember at all what it was about
    i still really hope this force blizz to revert their decision, because this isn't 'political' agenda, we aren't talking about wages or food or allow p0rn, we are talking about literally a country directly controlling another country
    if asking for ur freedom from a tyrannical oppression is 'politics', then what exactly is basic human right? watching pr0n?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They generally don't care about chinese gamers. Hell a lot have come out to say Chinese gamers should be banned regardless because of MTX or because they won't die in uprisings against the communist party.
    what ? china was alone 4 out of 9 million wow players during TBC, the massive hit from ban Wrath in china f8cked blizz, hence why wrath had only a 12 million sub, because they lost entire china market due to ban (and a joke ban too, blizz had to change every npc in wrath to please china, they even renamed DK to unhappy knight lol)
    China was a massive part of blizz players since day 1, blizz literally changed everything in wrath (also it took them up to 2 years, and got released only 2 months pre-cata) just to please chineese market, there is no way to say blizz don't care, there is even some unique models for china servers only, check the Bonestorm boss (can't remember his name, 1st boss in ICC) model in china server, surprising he looks even more horrifying with patched skin instead of being skeleton
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Apologize for what, upholding the rules? He can't talk about Hong Kong, the next American who wins can't talk about the Klan, The next German who wins can't talk about Nazis, etc. What good is having rules if you keep making exceptions?
    Imagine comparing talking about a human rights issue to talking about the Klan and Nazis, dude get out of the gene pool.