Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Risk of what exactly? You're not going to become sick from it, is it the "risk" of eating something you think is yucky?
    You actually can get sick from minced meat pretty easily, especially if it isn’t fresh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yeah if you want to go through the extra steps. Even then you still won't know how clean the meat is unless you constantly have it tested.
    It’s still less dicey to buy steaks and mince them yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  2. #22
    Scarab Lord bungeebungee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dongbei, PRC
    Posts
    4,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis
    It is a lot of fun. Try adding duck fat or diced up pork belly while grinding your burger.
    From there, one is just a few steps (and possibly parts) away from sausage! <bungee cheers wildly for homemade sausage>
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N
    Wtf? No weapons? xD What is this? Restricted training environment?
    Commenting on "anything goes" for martial arts and self defense

  3. #23
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    24,697
    As long as you don't buy into the Hipster trend of making your burgers rare or medium rare, you'll be fine. Just buy higher quality mince from reputable sellers.
    I am very rarely active on MMO-C atm, as I've said whenever being called a "fanboy/girl", when I'm not happy with Blizzard's product, I'll actually move away from it and withhold my spending as a sign of my dislike. Funny how X posters don't seem capable of doing the same.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    It is a lot of fun. Try adding duck fat or diced up pork belly while grinding your burger. Better yet, add both. Our standard mix consists of about 80% beef (chuck) and 20% fatty pork (shoulder or butt).
    Bacon is good too.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Bacon is good too.
    Bacon is just smoked and sliced belly.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Bacon is just smoked and sliced belly.
    I'm aware of that, but it isn't smoked and that adds another layer of flavor.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

  7. #27
    What the hell is wrong with mince in your countries?

    Yeah sure it might not be top quality steak you're getting, but if you're that concerned you can go to a butcher and get them to mince specific cuts for you...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    As long as you don't buy into the Hipster trend of making your burgers rare or medium rare, you'll be fine. Just buy higher quality mince from reputable sellers.
    I dunno why people like rare burgers, I mean unless you minced it yourself. Even so, it's a frigging burger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I just realized that no matter how reputable to the supplier is, minced meat is just too risky ... who knows what they minced in there? I can't even enjoy a burger anymore, even if it tastes great.
    I agree. You can never be too careful when consuming food known to be mixed with bad stuff for the sake of saving money on the production cost!

  9. #29
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    31,711
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I just realized that no matter how reputable to the supplier is, minced meat is just too risky ... who knows what they minced in there? I can't even enjoy a burger anymore, even if it tastes great.
    I think that is down to where you are from?

    Denmark has strict regulations on such.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  10. #30
    The Insane Revi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The land of the ice and snow.
    Posts
    15,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You actually can get sick from minced meat pretty easily, especially if it isn’t fresh.
    I guess I wouldn't know about the rest of the world. My country has food regulations to prevent that, nobody gets sick from minced meat as long as they cook it before eating. I assume the rest of (at least) Europe has similar regulations for food safety.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
    I agree. You can never be too careful when consuming food known to be mixed with bad stuff for the sake of saving money on the production cost!
    What bad stuff? I know it uses a lot of meat we normally think of as yucky, as well as some cartilage/bone and stuff that ends up in the grinder, but is any of that actually bad for you?

  11. #31
    You could just buy the meat and do it yourself.
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  12. #32
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    19,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I guess I wouldn't know about the rest of the world. My country has food regulations to prevent that, nobody gets sick from minced meat as long as they cook it before eating. I assume the rest of (at least) Europe has similar regulations for food safety.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What bad stuff? I know it uses a lot of meat we normally think of as yucky, as well as some cartilage/bone and stuff that ends up in the grinder, but is any of that actually bad for you?
    Ground meat is always riskier than whole cuts due to process of grinding the meat. Bacteria is usually only found on the surface of whole cuts and is killed in cooking..Grinding meat greats more surface area for bacteria to grow. The bacteria is eliminated with proper storage and cooking though.

    I would not risk eating undercooked ground meat unless the meat is very fresh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    You could just buy the meat and do it yourself.
    I bet most people would get sick if they did that. Cross contamination means nothing to a lot of home cooks.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I bet most people would get sick if they did that. Cross contamination means nothing to a lot of home cooks.
    it is incredibly frustrating trying to explain to my parents why you need to properly store, prepare, and handle things like beef and chicken. What's crazy about the whole thing is that my mother is a doctor, so she isn't ignorant to the dangers bacteria can cause.

  14. #34
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    22,172
    Cook it well and you will be fine.



    Good stuff.
    " America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    - Abraham Lincoln
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.”
    – George Washington.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    From there, one is just a few steps (and possibly parts) away from sausage! <bungee cheers wildly for homemade sausage>
    We have done home made lap cheong several times. Lap yuk also.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    As long as you don't buy into the Hipster trend of making your burgers rare or medium rare, you'll be fine. Just buy higher quality mince from reputable sellers.
    Haha, hipster trend. Funny. Honestly, medium rare tastes great, but the risk is too high, so I rarely do eat it. Only if it’s freshly ground at the butcher’s and I eat it the same day.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You actually can get sick from minced meat pretty easily, especially if it isn’t fresh.
    Only if you're being silly and cooking them like a steak.

    Treat all minced meat like it should be, cooked to fully done and your chance of getting sick is basically non existent.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Cook it well and you will be fine.



    Good stuff.
    Spam is highly underrated.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Only if you're being silly and cooking them like a steak.

    Treat all minced meat like it should be, cooked to fully done and your chance of getting sick is basically non existent.
    If it’s fresh it can be cooked less than well, which many people prefer for certain use cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  20. #40
    The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    flying the exodar...into the sun.
    Posts
    24,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Cook it well and you will be fine.



    Good stuff.
    spam is fucking disgusting.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •