Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A three year time jump, Eastern Kingdoms is mostly controlled by the Alliance and Kalimdor predominately held by the Horde. There are exceptions.

Kalimdor
    -Most of the continent has a train that loops around the continent.
    -Zoram'gar Strand is a new giant shipyard for the Horde, a mish-mash of Goblin, Zandalari, and Mag'har assets, a city has sprung up around the shipyard, one of the trains stops.
    -Azuremyst/Bloodmyst Isles, being locked away from Alliance support, the Draenei have migrated to Eastern Kingdoms. The Houjin have settled here, and it now their starting zone. The local Furbolg have been assimilated into Houjin culture, and now Houjin Pandaren have access to Druids, and unique customization options that show a more wild and primal aesthetic. Blood Elves and Goblins use Bloodmyst has become the new home of the Forsaken, loyal to the Horde.
    -Silithus and Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom have been renamed are the Void Elves have migrated here. The sword is gone, its a void desert, mostly these two zone are completely rebuilt.
    -Mountain in between Un'Goro/Silithus/Feralas, is Mag'har base, think Blackrock Foundry and is kept there to "keep an eye" on the Void Elves.
    -Dustwallow Marsh, is a Horde allianed Ogre territory besieged by the Grimtotem. Theramore has become a highmaul-esque port town, called Thra"mor.
    -Stonetalon Mountains, Sunrock Retreat is now a Highmountain outpost. Gronn and Goren have taken to mountains, and posses a new threat, they are borrowing deep and bringing new found terrors to the surface. Grimtotem have also beefed up their presence here.
    -Barrens, is more or less similiar to how it is now. Bridge over the crack, Saberon attacks + a friendly Saberon village in the north.
    -Ashenvale, Bashana Runetotem acts as Overlord of the region, and has put a stop to the harmful timber extraction, creating balance within the forest.
    -Night Elves under Tyrande have stayed waging an endless war on the Horde, random night elf attacks while in the zones as Horde players.

Eastern Kingdoms
    -Lordaeron has been more or less purified and taken over by the Draenei, Lightforged, and Broken. An act that pushed Calia further into the Horde's grasp, and feeling betrayed. Anduin tried, but more or less the fear the humans have for the undead kept his hands tied.
    -Gilneas, re-taken, Gilneas City a new Alliance hub.
    -Night Elves that migrated to EK are more or less loners, and don't amass in groups much at all. However they have built two settlements within the branches the Great Trees in Seradane and the Twilight Grove. Malfurion presides over these Night Elves.
    -Stratholme is not longer on fire and no protected by dark magics. Sylvanas has taken control of the city and now she and her loyalist reside here, rebuilding and amassing whatever it is she needs.
    -Loch Modan, the eastern portion of the zone has become the Tushui starting zone, they have years of being part of the Alliance have access to paladins. and now have unique customization options that the Houjin don't have.
    -Stromgarde is controlled by Danath, and is also an Alliance hub. Hammerfall and Ar'Gorok no longer stand in the zone.
    -Quel'Thalas is still held by the Blood Elves. Ghostlands is less Ghostlandy, but houses Forsaken refugees. The ruined half of Silvermoon City is rebuilt. The Scar has been, cured but is also a river, that runs into a lake where Deatholme use to be. Windrunner Spire, has now become the Spire of Al'ar and houses the phoenix egg.
    -Zul'Aman is retaken by the Revantust and Zandalari.
    -The Wildhammers and Night Elves have wrested control of Jintha'alor from the Revantust and Forest Trolls.
    -Twilight Highlands is mostly controlled by the Wildhammers, new settlements of Ironfoge Dwarves and Dark Iron Dwarves have arisen. The Dragonmaw of the region are making amends for the role they played in aiding Garrosh, and need back up at Dragonmaw Port from Orgrimmar.

Whatever they do, I hope they go the Elder Scrolls Online route:

EVERY zone scales to your level, as does every dungeon. You can quest through zones in whatever order you want. I'd love for there to be a permanent level cap, in which case new expansion dungeons and raids can be locked behind zone quest achievements or whatever. Whatever system they use to calculate item level seriously exploded over time, so they really need to reign in those numbers and adjust the system they use to calculate item level and stats to seriously slow down item level growth, because we've had 2 ilevel squishes already and we're on our way to a third real quick. Until Cata ilevels jumped up about 100 levels per expansion, but we're up to at least 300+ ilevels per expansion.

Obviously every zone on Azeroth got affected by the Legion invasion and the events of BFA, so Northrend, Pandaria, EK, and Kalimdor need to be revamped in some way, if only visually, to reflect this. Outland can be touched up a little bit, tidying up things that need to be optimized, but otherwise not a whole lot went on there. No one cares about Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Much like Legion went off of Class fantasy and Class identity, I feel that one of the most interesting things Blizz could look at if they do opt for a world revamp would be too look at racial identity. Perhaps not at the same intensity as Legion and Classes, Blizz has already mentioned that being an issue for quest design. But I feel that there's a lot for each race to look at and it's worth noting those things if Blizz revamps the world.

Specifically, I think one thing that should be addressed is home cities. Right now, we have a few races on each side that don't have a true city to call their own. For the Alliance, the Worgen, the Night Elves, and to a lesser extent the Gnomes need some sort of true home for themselves. For the Horde, the Undead, the Mag'har, and to a lesser extent the Vulpera and the Goblins could use a true home. Rebuilding the world is IMO the perfect time to retrofit some homes for these races.

The Mag'har seems like a perfect fit for The Crossroads. They could do a ton with that area, build it up in the Iron Horde style. The Undead aren't quite as obvious...they perhaps could clean up Lordaeron and return there, though if Blizz wants to keep the Horde mostly on Kalimdor they might do better with the ruins of Northwatch Hold or Theramore or something along those lines. Worgen almost certainly would return and fix up Gilneas, that seems like an obvious choice. Night Elves much like the Undead aren't as obvious as they should be. There's still some link to Darkshore there where they could perhaps plant a new World Tree or if Blizz prefers to move most Alliance races to Easterrn Kingdome, they seem like a natural fit to rebuild Tirisfal Glades.

As to the lesser extent races, most of those could be fixed up by enhancing their current area. Give Gnomes the full run of Gnomeregan with the Mechagnomes helping to clean it out. Expand out Azshara, particularly Bilgewater Harbor and the Gallywix Pleasure Palace to be a true Goblin home. The tricky race here is the Vulpera, given their nomadic nature and seeming lack of home designs. Even the Vulpera Hideaway in itself is mostly a caravan parked in between a few rocks. I suppose they could just park their caravan in an area and call it a day, but that doesn't feel like a true home city for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Margamanthak View Post
    Whatever they do, I hope they go the Elder Scrolls Online route:

EVERY zone scales to your level, as does every dungeon.
    Dungeons yes, zones no. We have party sync for people who want to level together, let people at max level stomp things into dust if they desire.

@AngerFork decent points, but giving the Vulpera an actual home city doesn’t feel right. While some Vulpera might want to put down roots and stay, I feel most are going to be happy being in the Horde because it offers them safety, whereas staying alone in Vol’dun without allies probably doesn’t. They as people in the Horde can maintain their traveling nomadic ways, but have the safety of the Horde to rely on.

Also in general there are so many places in K/EK that exist “between” the zones that there is a lot real estate that could and should be taken advantage of.

General:
    -More races out of their original environs. Ex: Taunka interacting with Tauren in Mulgore, Ankoan hanging out at Menethil Harbor in Wetlands, Furbolg visiting EK, etc)

-More Internal-faction interaction and friendships. Ex: More Orc/Tauren/Troll buddies, Draenei building a settlement in EK with Dwarves, Forsaken curing an outbreak of the Red Pox for mag'har, etc)

-More non-hostile interaction with nonplayable races. Ex: Hozen aren't playable but they might show up here and there in Horde towns. Alliance might sell candles to Kobolds in Gilneas and use them as labor if they're friendly enough, etc...

NORTHERN KALIMDOR:

AzureMyst and Bloodmyst: Draenei have taken all the parts for flight out of the Exodar to use in the Vindicaar, so Exodar is disassembled and made into a proper city, Nelfs have built settlements due to exodus from the destruction of Teldrassil and refounded the green dragonriders, much of the damage on Bloodmyst is cleaned up and large parts of it are resettled by the furbolg and Krokul who are moving there from Argus. Velfs have a town due to helping with cleanup, some Ethereal presence as well trading in parts that can't be found on Azeroth.

Ruins of Teldrassil: Though the boughs are gone the trunk has new plantlife growing on TOP of it. Lots of ash and fire elementals and angry ghosts, but amidst them, there's life blooming again. New Warden base further into the trunk, furbolgs and sprites are also helping to grow new forests on top of the old tree's foundation. New moonkin dens developing as well.

Darkshore: Slowly recovering from the absolute mess that the Horde's initial attacks and Forsaken's poisons made of it, Jinyu helping purify the waters in some of the areas, Ankoan helping drive off naga remnants, Explorer's league trying to fix up their excavation, and the nelfs rebuilding Auberdine and Lor'danel.

Felwood: Recovering well, to contrast with Teldrassil's and Darkshore's destruction, the barrows are full of nelf and worgen druids, the satyr are being wiped out, healthy ancients are slowly driving out the fel. Belfs are in town and sucking the fel into containment crystals for study.

Moonglade: More heavily Alliance leaning due to the burning of Teldrassil, more ornate shrines to the ancients and cenarion forces. Representatives from other races in Kalimdor, such as Furbolg, Quillboar, Centaur and Harpies, are present.

Winterspring: Nightborne expedition around Kel'theril, new big temple of Elune being constructed by folks relocating due to the burning of teldrassil helping the moonkin recover. Blue Dragons are building up in Mazthoril again, fixing the rifts and preventing an Ethereum incursion, Explorer's league is studying the giants in the area, small orc outpost of frostwolf style mag'har. Everlook's set up a big zeppelin tower to make getting in and out of the region easier.

Hyjal: New nelf capitol is built around Nordrassil, lots of purple treants wandering around, the rifts to the firelands have mostly closed, Dark Irons have set up a base at the former site of Ragnaros big castle to help monitor the stabilized gateway there as part of a joint effort with the Nelfs. More shrines to various other wild gods have been set up and there's a lot more pilgrims, tauren have a lodge set up to help pilgrims travel in and out of the region, while the orcs and nelfs hunt demons together towards the base of the mountain where it meets Winterspring, and now there are new paths leading to ashenvale carved into the hills as well.

There's also a HUGE badass Black Rook Hold style Nelf fort along the border between Hyjal and Ashenvale loaded with ancients, owls, ballista, and everything else on the nelf wishlist.

Azshara: Goblin Rocketway 'highway' is gone, but rockets still fly between the towers, and Gallywix's face that was carved into the mountain is being defaced by Horde youths. His pleasure palace is now a place all the workers at the quarries go to relax. Bilgewater port is full of travelers from all the other continents and the cannon fires to keep naga and old god beasties out of the bay. Nightborne and Belfs set up a magic academy to teach other horde races just outside Orgrimmar that competes with an Alliance school run by Xylem.

Ashenvale: Damage from cata largely recovered, big new draenei/nelf joint base at Forest Song, though the warsong lumbercamp area is now a large orc village. Zoram'gar and all the orc settlements west of the Falfarren river are gone. Orcs have reclaimed Grom's gravesite which is full of big stone markers about all the great AND terrible things their heroes from WC2 did, big site of remembrance. Big nelf port on the west coast now to monitor blackfathom, full of Ankoan and Kul'tiran and Pandaren travelers. Fubolg nelf and worgen murder old god minions in the woods and have restored Astrannar.

To Be Continued!
    Twas brillig

I like your ideas. I'm also hoping for a world revamp, but thinking about the logistical nightmare it presents for the developers makes me think it's just a dream.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't want revamp.

1) From story perspective, zones would be outdated as soon as 9.1.

2) From gameplay perspective, quality of leveling hasn't changed that much since Cata. Even today, when I level 1-110, only 60-80 feels outdated.

3) Btw, what about expacs, especially BC/Wrath? Throw them to bin with leveling squish?

4) From new player perspective, I don't think it matter if they kill 5 boars in quest from Cata or quest from 9.0. So it would be targeted for bored veterans that level their 20th toon or something. So rather minority.

5) Resources aren't infinite. Every second spend on doing content for low levels takes something from us on max level. Look at BfA, we have separate leveling path for Horde and Alliance, but we "lost" Suramar. And this is most important content, active players (that play WoW outside launch), will reach max level on first week of expac.

Instead of world revamp, I would like something like this:

1) Improving leveling - more choices with level squish. Let's say they'll squish 120->60 in pre-patch. In this case I would like something like this:
    - 1-10 starting zone, Allied Races start at 10
    - old world 10-40, takes same time as current 20-60, veteran/trial account cap increased to 40
    - 40-50, choice between BC/Wrath/Cata/Pandaria, takes same time/XP as current 60-80
    - 50-60, choice between WoD/Legion/BfA, takes same time as current 80-100, also they would have to nerf Draenor bonus objectives
    - 60-70, new expac

2) Updating story for old zones:

- scrap patch "timeless isle" zones
    - instead, revamp 1 big zone (from expac) and 1 small zone from EK/Kalimdor for every major patch; make them "Nazjatar" and "Mechagon" of major patch; so total 6
    revamped zones per expac
    - we have technology to separate leveling people from max level people
    - it would give art team more resources to make dungeon and raid; imo 10 boss raid and 4 boss dungeon should be standard for every major patch
    - for example, let's say that 9.0 is Dragon Isles with Scourge theme; they could revamp 3 Northend zones and Tirisfal+Eastern/Western Plaguelands.

I like a lot of ideas in this threat. What i would like to see in conjunction with revamps in zones is a bigger world in general.

We know that the WoW Engine is capable of this. I mean, in early Classic Alpha Goldshire alone had like thirty houses. Now it doesn't have to be that extensive.

But i like to see the regions be quite bit larger, so the devs have more room in those region to put stuff there. In such a big world, i also wouldn't mind really wild places in regions where it especially fits. Not every place in a region has to be filled with mobbs, quests, world quests and such. The WoW world after all these ears simply lacks the feel of grand size and exploring.

Maybe there should also be some places who are controlled by NPC races living in the region.

For example a larger part of bigger region of the Barrens is still in control of a hostile, sizable force of Centaurs who patrol this part in larger war parties. Or Quilboars. You could also use the improved A.I. for such NPC factions, with named characters leader of such faction not just standing around like idiots, but move around in a region, with special abilities and smarter movement, maybe even supported by other mobbs who use the improved A.I. There could even be world bosses from time to time, who use the improved A.I. as well.

What also would be cool are some neutral trading spots where you can interact somewhat with races you're normally at war with.

I liked the idea in Travelers of Flayers Point, a neutral but dangerous trading post on the coast of Desolace, where Tauren, Centaur, Quilboar trade with eachother, even though they're hostile to each other, and where fights can spring up easily. Something like this.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2019-10-13 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Eastern Kingdoms - Deadwind Pass
    It was never a quest hub to begin with but I'd love to see Khadgar trying to stabilize the area around Karazhan. Quests could involve banishing spirits and setting up wards that help stabilize the region so that life can start to inhabit it again.
    And Ley Lines yey! I loved that Suramar quest line.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    It'd never happen but I'd love more time stuff around the world, heh. I think a zone where you can play it both in the present and either in the past or the future would be neat, the first time you get there it's very difficult and inhospitable, but through doing quests in the past you change the zone in the present, make it easier to navigate or kill enemies, unlock more quest chains, etc.
    Ooh and it would be so cool if similiar to the Prophet Zul questline in Zuldazar you travel to the past and place an important item/object at a specific location and when you go to the future version of the zone that item is there and allows you to gain a certain adventage over the enemies there in the future. You make miniature changes in the past that no one would notice but allow you to overrule the future.

===================================

Okay, let me start with Starting Zones and Major Cities:

Each race/subrace has it's own Starting Zone and a (Major Racial City) in it. Some races start in a zone unfamiliar to them and conquer it and build their city, others reclaim their lost lands and make that their city (upon finishing the main storyline you get phased into your Major City that has no lingering enemies and is a proper Sanctuary). Some start directly in their city and clear the rest of the zone from enemies (once done you can enjoy a peaceful zone without enemies). Party Sync solves all phasing problems so no need to hold back with its potentail anymore.

Humans
    • Elwynn Forest (Stormwind)
    • Gilneas (Gilneas City - the intro cinematic starts with you sailing from Darkshore and landing on Gilnean shores. The 1-10 experience is about reclaiming Gilneas entire zone and making the city a phased sanctuary Major City. Fully functional with a nice new port that has ships to all corners of the world)
    • Tiragarde Sound (Boralus - reworked harbor to make it actually functional with ships to all corners of the world.)

Dwarves
    • Hinterlands (Aerie Peak)
    • Blackrock Mountains = Burning Steppes + Searing Gorge merged into one (Blackrock Depths)
    • Dun Morough (Ironforge)

Elves
    • Hyjal (Nordrassil - with a nice day and night cycle, showing both aspects of night elves' lives)
    • Suramar
    • Eversong Woods (Sunwell + Silvermoon with some gondolas connecting them)
    • Azshara (Void Elves find their home there and cleanse it from all the goblins under the premise that they are all Gallywix's lackeys. Then we have a proper Elven-themed Azshara with the Void Elves trying to understand their origins - how the trolls found the Well of Eternity, how they were twisted into the Night Elves, how their aristrocracy fled to Quel'thalas and reviewing the choices they made to become the latest twist on Elves in WoW's lore Also Void Elves vs Void-empowered Naga invasions like the gals in Nazjatar)

Gnomes (incl. Mechagnomes)
    • Gnomeregan (All the gnomes unite and expand Gnomeregan AND the Deeprun Tram resulting in the following: Deeprun Tram area is heavily expanded and the Tram now runs from Booty Bay to the Undercity in a straight line going through and stopping at Stormwind, Gnomeregan/Ironforge, Gilneas, Dalaran and up to Lordaeron. Gnomeregan is no longer just that mechanized cavern in Coldridge Valley in Dun Morough. The main part of the city is where the scorched gap between Dun Morough and Stormwind is. That's where the "outdoor/upper area" of the city would be. And then then it expands in many tunnels similar to Mechagon, under the area where Coldridge Valley and original Gnomeregan is. The Deeprun Tram stops in the area between Ironforge and Gnomeregan so that it can continue in a straight line up north. Dalaran is back in Hillsbrad Foothills. Gnomes fight with oozes and lepper gnomes which resulted from their technological advance and expansions in their starting zone and build new conveniences for themselves and can have their personal deeprun car which travels through the Subway much faster than regular Tram and doesn't have to wait for the regular Tram to come)

Draenei (incl. Lightforged)
    • Exodar (Azuremyst Isle) but properly rebuilt Shattrah-style with some floating space-ships (Vindicaar/Exodar) Tempest Keep-style

Orcs
    • Durotar (Orgrimmar)
    • Swamp of Sorrows (new Mag'har City of refuges who came through the Dark Portal. Plus they like their jungles and I wouldn't mind if they changed the zone in their Black Iron Spikes and stuff architecture. Originally wanted to give them Arathi Highlands and have questline revolving around the Circle of Elements and how the place makes them feel nostalgic due to its similarities with Nagrand, but seeing all those "Iron Trains running around the Barrens" suggestions, I have reconsider - keep your trains out of my peaceful and beautiful Arathi Highlands. Mag'har can still quest there and have their Shaman time, but not make it their own zone)

Trolls
    • Stranglethorn Vale - now merged back into one zone (the Darkspear fight away or conquer the Gurubashi and they make Zul'Gurub their capital)
    • Dazar'alor (Zuldazar)

Tauren
    • Mulgore (Thunder Bluff)
    • Highmountain (Thunder Totem)
    • Townlong Steppes (Niuzao Temple for the Yaungol)

Undead (incl. Lightbound)
    • Tirisfal Glades (cleansed upper part of Lordaeron with warlocks/rogues/etc hanging in the lower part, but main part of the city is above ground)

Vulpera
    • Vol'dun (no racial city as they are scavengers and nomads, but instead we get to see more vulpera caravans around the world, which move between zones and their quests change depending on the location. dynamic bonus objective quests!)

Goblins
    • Tanaris (Gadgetzan - as people have mentioned, expanded like in Hearthstone)

I wanna do a similar post for each race's 10-20 zone sort of, before Blizzcon. Example being - Worgen go to Silverpine Forest after reclaiming Gilneas, cleansing it from hostile Sylvanas loyalists, mindless zombies, Arugal/wild worgen or death spirits, etc There could also be a Defias Brohood-esque opposition to the Worgen leadership, similar to Vanessa VanCleef turning farmers against Wrynn and Godfrey betraying Greymane. Each race goes through its Racial Starting Zone 1-10 (you can skip it if you've already done it on another character, porting you to the final phase). You can level 1-Max anywhere, including in other racial starting zones and NPCs would recognize you for helping them. And each zone has some racial theme - Ashenvale is about night elves. You can help night elves. Arathi is about the Arathi humans and their pirate/other problems and the Mag'har and their Elemental Pilgrimage. So each zone will have a strong theme and would allow a character of the proper race to feel quite immersed - a Tauren questing in Thousand Needles with all the Bluffs and wind riders, Wildhammer questing in Twilight Highlands, Night Elves questing in Feralas, Blood Elves in Ghostlands, orcs in Blasted Lands, Dwarves in Wetlands. BUT you can still feel immersed enough if you go there to help said race and get recognized for being of a different race yet helping and you would get nice rewards such as reputation and thus the Ironforge Tabard/Cloak/Mount/etc. Each race has its thematic racial armor (Darkshore Warfront armor sets from 8.1.5 being a good example for Night Elf/Undead racial armor). And when you quest through a certain race's zones andn quest hubs, you get similar simple yet very thematic armor. Imagine doing an elite quest in Ashenvale as a night elf and getting a choice of one of these:
    It would be a nice way to let players easily acquire the Warfront sets and weapons which otherwise take MONTHS to farm... and would also allow players to obtain the currently unobtainable recolours of these items.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2019-10-13 at 08:47 AM.

My idea for each zone of Vanilla after watching how big Kul'Tiras has become would be nice if Blizz would scale EK and Kalimdor to the size of this, adding more forts, castles, villages, towns, camps for us to explore in the kingdoms, especially how shamefully underscaled some kingdoms like Stromgarde, Gilneas, Dalaran, ALTERAC are.

Just look at Kul'Tiras, it it's nothing huge either, but it imitates a little LOTRO zones.

And we have plenty of places they could open up like Northeron, or the sunken places from Vanilla to Cata revamp.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lore_location You have the following locations from the lore and games you might use:

Hasic
    Balor
    Zul'Dare
    Crestfall (not the shitty island we got ingame, but the alliance city)

Tyr's Bay...let me post the whole list....

A lore location is a location mentioned in lore, but not present in World of Warcraft.

Warcraft: Orcs & Humans
    WCOnH logo.png This section concerns content related to Warcraft: Orcs & Humans.

Borderlands
    Kyross
    Orc Camp
    Sunnyglade
    Warcraft II
    WC2BnE-logo.png This section concerns content related to Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness or its expansion Beyond the Dark Portal.

Tides of Darkness
    Aerie Peaks
    Balor
    Channel Islands
    Zul'Dare
    Cross Island
    Tyr's Bay
    Thandol Valley
    Beyond the Dark Portal
    Deathwing's Lair
    Devouring Sea
    Fortress Auchindoun
    Fortress Shadowmoon
    Shadowed Seas
    Skeletal Coast
    Vanguard
    Zeth'kur
    Warcraft III
    WC3RoC-logo.png This section concerns content related to Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos or its expansion The Frozen Throne.

Reign of Chaos
    Ashenvale goblin town
    Alliance Naval Base
    Barrow Deeps
    Shrine of the Uberfish
    Barrow Dens
    Blackrock Camp
    Chaos Well
    Cursed Glade
    Darkspear Islands
    Elfgates
    Frozen Coast
    Greenwood Pass
    Grove of Cenarius
    Halls of Magic
    King's Road
    Lake Abassi
    Moonglade Isle
    Pandaren relaxation area
    Stonetalon Peak caverns
    Thrall's Encampment
    Vandermar Village
    Violet Gardens
    The Frozen Throne
    Aicila's Marketplace
    Banewood Bog
    Beast Den
    Broken Isles
    Arauk-Nashal
    Boughs of Azshara
    Brewmaster drinking area
    Chamber of the Eye
    Keeper of storms shrine
    Izal-Shurah
    Pillars of Aszune
    Stormreaver Bay
    Coastal Base
    Den of the Lost
    Draenei Village
    Gazlowe's Excavation Site
    Goblin Library
    Goblin Observatory
    Hearthglen Hills
    Magic Shop
    Magistrates Temple
    Mountains of Flame
    Neeloc's Outpost
    Nendis
    Orgrimmar Tunnels
    Outland Arena
    Palace Gardens
    River Arevass
    Scourge harbor
    Shadowmoon Ruins
    Tomb of the Ancients
    Upper Kingdom
    World of Warcraft
    WoW Icon update.png This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.

A rift
    Elusian Heights
    Gillijim's Isle
    Gnomeregan Institute of Tinkering
    Island of Doctor Lapidis
    I'lalai
    Red Caverns
    Tel'Abim
    Voodress Village
    Xoroth
    World of Warcraft: Game Manual
    Maisara Hills
    Shrine of Ula'Tek
    The Burning Crusade
    The Burning Crusade This section concerns content related to The Burning Crusade.

K'aresh
    Kaarinos
    Cataclysm
    Cataclysm This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.

Daral'nir
    Income Optimization University
    Ironforge Royal Treasury
    Ny'alotha
    Ogrezonia
    Undermine
    Mists of Pandaria
    Mists of Pandaria This section concerns content related to Mists of Pandaria.

Shen-zin's Sundries
    Xerrath
    Warlords of Draenor
    Warlords of Draenor This section concerns content related to Warlords of Draenor.

Caverns of Living Steel
    Farahlon
    Haunted Precipice
    Magnetic Chasm
    Molten Eternium Sea
    Rock Flayer Island
    Thunder Peak
    Legion
    Legion This section concerns content related to Legion.

Centralis
    Corwell
    Karkora
    Navane
    Nihilam
    Phantasm Zone
    Shar'gel
    Thas'alah
    Vaesska
    Battle for Azeroth
    Battle for Azeroth This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.

Dragon Isles
    Uldaz
    Uldorus
    Short stories
    Leaders of Azeroth
    The Judgment
    Darkspear village
    First Home
    Prophet's Lesson
    Fanlin'Deskor
    Cut Short
    Gearshaft University
    Sector 17
    Trade Secrets of a Trade Prince
    Copper Street
    Healthy Foods factory
    Sugarpack Bakery
    The Blank Scroll
    Pyrix
    The Jade Hunters
    Ruby Crystalarium
    Over Water
    Za Xiang
    Novels
    WoW-novel-logo-16x62.png This section concerns content related to the Warcraft novels, novellas, or short stories.

Of Blood and Honor
    Hall of Justice
    Hearthglen Woods
    Day of the Dragon
    Chamber of Krasus
    Hasic
    Imperial hall
    Juroon
    The Last Guardian
    Eastern Wall
    Goldsmith's street
    Lower city
    Lower Karazhan
    Morass Road
    Ulmat Thondr
    War of the Ancients Trilogy
    Ara-Hinam
    Aru-Talis
    Dy-Jaru
    G'Hanir
    Ga'han
    Galhara
    Grotto of Shadow Rose
    Hajiri
    Halumar
    Ominous island
    Urae
    Rise of the Horde
    Telmor
    Tides of Darkness
    Eversong Forest
    Stormrage
    Coral Sea
    Eye of Ysera
    Cycle of Hatred
    Bladescar Highlands
    Demonsbane Inn and Tavern
    Jortas
    Arthas: Rise of the Lich King
    Ban'dinoriel
    Illidan
    Kil'jaeden's palace
    Nathreza
    Traveler
    Flayers' Point
    Last Forest
    Skypeak
    Chronicle
    Chronicle Volume 1
    Manti'vess
    Vault of Antiquities
    Chronicle Volume 2
    Goria
    Manga
    Comics title.png This section concerns content related to the Warcraft manga or comics.

Sunwell Trilogy
    Barony Mordis
    Legends
    Fallrook Estate
    Gallaran's
    Henge of the Earth Mother
    Plunder Isle
    Bloodsail Hold
    Death Knight
    Lordaeron Harbor
    Art books
    The Art of World of Warcraft
    Crystalline Cave
    Emerald Paradise
    Knight's Hollow
    Magic Mountain
    Undersea Hills
    RPG
    The RPG Icon 16x36.png This section contains information from the Warcraft RPG which is considered non-canon.

Alliance & Horde Compendium
    Pandaren settlement
    Wildhammer peaks
    Alliance Player's Guide
    Alterac Valley
    Alterac Hills
    Deadly Waters
    Eagle's Eyrie
    Aretain's Camp
    Orc village
    Samuldar's hut
    Dark Factions
    Chaos Cavern
    Horde Player's Guide
    Bones of the Earth Mother
    Lands of Conflict
    Blackrock Spire Foothills
    Cinderhome
    Deadhollow
    Drisburg
    Foothill Caverns
    Gaval Moch
    Greenrush River
    Isle of Darrow
    Savage Hills
    Silverpine Hills
    Sunwell Grove
    Tanglefoot Junction
    Westridge
    Lands of Mystery
    Bloodmar
    The Chamber
    Doorward
    The Eye
    Frostbridge
    House of the Arcane Contraption
    Icecrown River
    K's'litain
    Lake Wintergrasp
    Shiverwind Coast
    Sundered Monolith
    More Magic and Mayhem
    Great Bulwarks
    Great Maze
    Mount Farview
    Mulgore Hot Springs
    Searing Peak
    Vale of Beasts
    Valley of Dulvarinn
    Shadows & Light
    New Stromgarde
    Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game
    Blackblood Gorge
    Black Fathom Bay
    Bluefen
    Brackenwall
    Broken Giant
    Cenarius' Lair
    Circle of Dust
    Darkshore Ruins
    Eternity Bridge
    Farstrider Camp
    Fish Eye Tavern
    Goldcrease Mine
    Grassmount
    Grim Ulang
    Ironclad Prison
    Monolith Glen
    Moon Wells
    Northrock
    Opal Ridge
    Petrified Forest
    Realm of the Harpies
    Spearhold
    Syran's Boat House
    Tassik's Tradepost
    Terramok
    Tidus
    Valley of the Bloodfurys
    World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game
    Dalsh-Beran
    Shady Rest

All these zones might be reused, for example you got the Northaeron and the Northeron zones, Northaeron is the northern closed zone in Lordaeron, behind Hearthglen it might be the village of Cinderbloom, a human village nestled under the hills also remnants of the High Elven population, it's also connected with the Greenwood side of Quel'Thalas

While Northeron is the northern side of Twilight Highlands ,sunk into the deep where the city of Northeron, the neo capital of Wildhammers once stood.

It's endless possibilities to make the world bigger.

IMO, a proper world revamp shouldn't be about what happens where. While story is important, in an MMO it is always secondary to gameplay mechanics.
    World revamp should remake leveling and outdoor experience as a whole. My key points would be:
    1) Level squish. Even if actual time-to-max-level stays the same, reducing level cap makes it less daunting for new players and those who want to reroll. And more importantly it allows to give every level a meaningful power boost in a form of ability or a talent.
    2) Empower outdoor mobs. Not in a vanilla style, where a pair of boars can just melee you to death, rather mobs should have avoidable abilities that give players a chance to show their skill.
    3) Introduce different levels of difficulty for outdoor areas. That is necessity if they do previous point. Not everyone is up for challenge. If someone want story-mode it should be there for them.
    4) Create a single overarching storyline to guide player through leveling process. That connects to point 1. It is important to give players intermediary goals. "Oh, one more level and I'll unlock next chapter of my journey" - is much more compelling goal than: "Oh, 60 more levels and I'll hit level cap".

I would love to see an up to date modern version of Quel'Thalas with some new/newly rebuilt buildings being influenced by the Nightborne achitecture (I know it might be too soon but anyway). Flying allowed and zones being attached to actual EK.

I would also love to see brand new quests in these zones for both the new characters that just started leveling and for max characters as well. I can't get enough of quests EVER and I think we are not getting enough of them.

Nazjatar seems like a wasted opportunity to me when it comes to quests and meaningful story and I suspect Nya'lotha (which isn't even a zone) will be even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I just want a revamp that me the player feel like helped to construct like contributing for mage tower, etc in broken shore
    A great idea for a pre-patch! Throw in some invasions, extra questlines and angry mobs and I am in.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-10-13 at 09:55 AM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    It would be interesting to see locations - those, that are now thriving to be destroyed and those that are destroyed now to thrive in a new revamp of the world
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly off topic, but how viable would it be to only revamp the world for max level players? If you think about it, max level is where the story is at, so reflecting that story only for max levels makes more sense than to revamp it for everyone. Kinda like how the Blasted Lands are only different if you're lvl 90

i’d like to see a something like a chromie event coming every year and allowing players to go into old pre-cata locations with old quests, old drops, deleted items etc.
    for me it would be great, if, for ex, you’ll be allowed to choose one location to farm on it for about a few days and then event is over and next year you can choose another location

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated and restored Gilneas is all I want for so many years. Same goes for Blood Elves / Draenei and their territories.

5+ Year Old Account
    These are the ideas I have had:

Northern Kalimdor

Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isles: The Draenei have finally cleaned the zone of the disaster caused by the crashing of the Exodar with more permanaent settlements having been established. Azure Watch is now the main trading hub of the region with the starting vale a training area for Draenei. The Lightforged Draenei too have established themselves here with their kin creating a headquarters for the Army of the Light on Silvermyst Isle. On Bloodmyst Isle the Draenei are cleaning the final remains of the corruption from the region but have come into conflict with the Naga who aren't happy with the Draenei colonization of the region, efforts are spearheaded here by the newly formed Council of Exarchs and Rangari who have been reformed on Azeroth.

Darkshore, Ashenvale and Moonglade: The Night Elves have recently returned to the region and are reestablishing themselves as the rulers of the region, they have reclaimed their former capital of Nighthaven from the Cenarion Circle in Moonglade and are using it as the base of power from which to return to dominance. In Darkshore the Night Elves have to contend with Sylvanas loyalists that are entrenched within the region and threaten to cut those in Darkshore off from Ashenvale. In Ashenvale the Night Elves have to contend with a resurgant Saytr population who have come to dominate the forest in the absense of the Night Elves seeking to turn it into another Felwood, from the rebuilt town of Astranaar they have a lot of work to do to reassert themselves and one should pity any members of the Horde that dare stand in their way.

Durotar: The Orcs now led again by Thrall and the Trolls by Rohkan have seemingly little to threaten them. However the region will be plagued by the skulduggery of Sylvanas loaylists who are seeking to break down the new governance of the Horde by setting the Kul Tirans who have returned to Tiragarde Keep against the Horde.

Azshara: The Goblins have continued to turn the region into their little paradise with it now looking like a larger version of Kezan this has brought the Goblins into conflict with the ancients who have descended from Mt Hyjal to find these horrors. The Goblins also haven't endeared themselves to their allies of the Blood Elves and Nightborne who were trying to learn secrets of the ancient highborne who once lived in the region. The zone will feature a conflict between Gazlowe and Druz and see where the Bligewater truly belong within the world not just the Horde.

Northern and Southern Barrens: The Mag'har recruitment sceaniro brought the Goren and the Botani into Azeroth, the Barrens have become their new warzone on Azeroth. The Cenarion Circle and the Tauren are trying to respond to the crisis but have so far been largely unsuccessful. The Southern Barrens has largely been turned into a jungle with the Botani superceding the threat of the Quilboar tenfold. The Northern Barrens has largely remained unchanged apart from the Goren now being there in addition to Mag'har wolfriders who are patrolling the region for threats from the Goren, Botani or otherwise. There is a now a bridge that connects the two zones together.

Stonetalon Mountains: The region is now dominated by the Mag'har who have taken Kromgar Fortress and renamed it to New Grommash Hold, they are battling for a secure hold on the region from the Goren, Botani and Night Elves who aren't pleased with the Mag'har occupation of the region. The Mag'har see the region as the closest they can find to Gorgrond and wish to make it their permanent home.

Central and Southern Kalimdor

Mulgore: The Highmountain Tauren have established an embassy of sorts with their non moose horn kin. The Grimtotem now having been pushed out of Stonetalon have launched an invasion of the region. The Tauren and the Highmountain work together to keep the region secure and to end the threat of the Grimtotem once and for all.

Duskwallow Marsh: The Kul Tirans under Jaina's instruction have come to the region to establish a new Alliance garrison near to the ruins of Theramore. This has put them into conflict with the local Ogres who wish to stop them from having a hold in the region with these Ogres reaching out to the Horde pledging their support if the new garrison never comes to pass. Also within the zone will be Wrathion who seeks to explore the lair of his Aunt.

Feralas: The Night Elves have secured Feathermoon Stronghold and are striking back against the Grimtotem, Ogres and the Slilthid that have now begun to dominant the region. The Nightborne have also arrived in the region taking a great interest in Dire Maul and too seek to drive back the Grimtotem, Ogres and Slithid.

Tanaris: Gadgetzan has been upgraded into its hearthstone version. The Vulpera have established themselves in the region and are sending caravans between Zul'Farrak and Gadgetzan. The main zone story though will come in the form of the Infinite Dragonflight assaulting the Caverns of Time. In the story you'll go back to vanilla Tanaris, Cata Tanaris and into a worse timeline Tanaris. A proper time travel desert storyline because why not?

Un'goro Crater: An explorers' league/reliquary adventure in the zone. Exploring the titan facilitiaties and perhaps creating a new form of dinosaur which will then be the main threat of the zone. With some old returning favourites including a short green tunic wearing Gnome and the master who you squire for. And Slias Darkmoon considering whether or not to open up a Dinosaur based themepark in the region. The zone is going to be zaney and well why not?

The Wound: The region isn't going to see much change beyond some structures being built around the sword to work towards removing it.

Unfortunately I have to go, I'll do my Eastern Kingdoms ideas in a post that follows.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

Lots of good ideas in this thread. However IMO none of it matters if they keep doing the "boxes" Where they use mountain ranges to separate zones. Some zones are mountainous and that is ok.. but other zones it makes no sense. I would rather a natural transition into zones. or have rivers or some other sort of dividing lines between zones. Legion zones were a bit better, with rivers dividing most of the western areas from suramar. And if you look at older world zones, Durotar and barrens are just a river. I like that much more then mountain passes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    @AngerFork decent points, but giving the Vulpera an actual home city doesn’t feel right. While some Vulpera might want to put down roots and stay, I feel most are going to be happy being in the Horde because it offers them safety, whereas staying alone in Vol’dun without allies probably doesn’t. They as people in the Horde can maintain their traveling nomadic ways, but have the safety of the Horde to rely on.
    Agreed, they really seem more comfortable without a home city. The only reason I was largely thinking about that was due to wanting a home city for the race identity stuff. But you are right, part of their identity is their nomadic nature. Perhaps the best way to accomplish my goal with this and keep their nature around is to just have them have a section of Orgrimmar for their caravan, be it outside the front gates or maybe in a sub section like the Goblin slums or the Tauren area.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Also in general there are so many places in K/EK that exist “between” the zones that there is a lot real estate that could and should be taken advantage of.
    Agreed here as well, there's a ton of room that should be used. If Blizz were to bring in new capitals for the currently homeless races, it would be nice to see those spread throughout the continent rather than all clustered in one area. Gilneas would be great for this, given it's distance from Stormwind & Ironforge as well as the lack of true Alliance capital cities in the Northern part of the Eastern Kingdoms. I'd love to see more done with Feralas and Darkshore after all that has happened on Kalimdor, perhaps Silithus as well once this expansion is done.