Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Lots of good ideas in this thread. However IMO none of it matters if they keep doing the "boxes" Where they use mountain ranges to separate zones. Some zones are mountainous and that is ok.. but other zones it makes no sense. I would rather a natural transition into zones. or have rivers or some other sort of dividing lines between zones. Legion zones were a bit better, with rivers dividing most of the western areas from suramar. And if you look at older world zones, Durotar and barrens are just a river. I like that much more then mountain passes
    I don't think that it doesn't matter if they don't fix the transitions between zones. But I agree that most of the zones could use a better transition between them.

I think they need to do a complete overhaul. The old zone design is incredibly dated. Its needs to be fixed to look more organic like the modern zones. I mean look how atrocious Hyjal looks compared to their design to newer mountianscapes

Last edited by Khaza-R; 2019-10-13 at 04:13 PM.

I've got some ideas for several zones but I'd also like to see all the allied races finding a place in the old world. Some ideas I have:

Lightforged draenei: Restore Bloodmyst Isle from the red crystal corruption and reclaim Vector Coil as their new base of operations
    Void elves: Retake most of the high elf settlements that have fallen (like the one in EPL and Hinterlands) and update with their new architecture
    Dark Iron Dwarf: Expand in Searing Gorge where they use the Cauldron for all kinds of new dark iron technology
    Kul'Tiran humans: I could see them team up with the Gilneans to take back Gilneas, and afterwards they get to build their own port with the Kul'Tiran architecture
    Mechagnomes: Have them help out their gnome brothers to retake Gnomeregan and settle in somewhere near. Maybe even build a tram that goes from Gnomeregan to Mechagon

Highmountain tauren: They could settle well in places like Thousand Needles and Stonetalon Mountains, taking over the Grimtotem base in Thousand Needles
    Nightborne: I could definately see them settle in Feralas and use Highmaul as their new base
    Mag'har orc: They could make a base in northrern barrens where they get rid of the Venture Co and their oil rig, and maybe in Desolace. And also use their trains for easier transport troughout the zones
    Zandalari troll: They can retake some of the fallen troll empires like Zul'Gurub and Zul'Farrak, who seem to be on the brink of exctinction
    Vulpera: Hard one since they are actually just travelers who don't have bases or even their own architecture. Maybe have their location moved every day or week where they offer different quests

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I've got some ideas for several zones but I'd also like to see all the allied races finding a place in the old world. Some ideas I have:

Lightforged draenei: Restore Bloodmyst Isle from the red crystal corruption and reclaim Vector Coil as their new base of operations
    Void elves: Retake most of the high elf settlements that have fallen (like the one in EPL and Hinterlands) and update with their new architecture
    Dark Iron Dwarf: Expand in Searing Gorge where they use the Cauldron for all kinds of new dark iron technology
    Kul'Tiran humans: I could see them team up with the Gilneans to take back Gilneas, and afterwards they get to build their own port with the Kul'Tiran architecture
    Mechagnomes: Have them help out their gnome brothers to retake Gnomeregan and settle in somewhere near. Maybe even build a tram that goes from Gnomeregan to Mechagon

Highmountain tauren: They could settle well in places like Thousand Needles and Stonetalon Mountains, taking over the Grimtotem base in Thousand Needles
    Nightborne: I could definately see them settle in Feralas and use Highmaul as their new base
    Mag'har orc: They could make a base in northrern barrens where they get rid of the Venture Co and their oil rig, and maybe in Desolace. And also use their trains for easier transport troughout the zones
    Zandalari troll: They can retake some of the fallen troll empires like Zul'Gurub and Zul'Farrak, who seem to be on the brink of exctinction
    Vulpera: Hard one since they are actually just travelers who don't have bases or even their own architecture. Maybe have their location moved every day or week where they offer different quests

I really like many of the ideas in this thread, but we must stop for a moment and realize that... with few exceptions such as the Mag'har and Lightforged who are outlanders, the other Allied races do not need to... settle anywhere new. They already have their homes in Kul Tiras, Zandalar, Broken Isles, Pandaria, Northrend, etc.

Edit: I do support them having new quest hubs around the world. But they don't need to move their cities/starting zones, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Yeah, exactly, it has to be done from a scratch. Maybe they could start with Lordaeron/Northen Kalimdor for the starters and then rework all other locations? Make them instanced for a while. And then, Northrend is fine, it's just old world that is extremely bad.
    You want another Cataclysm? Because this is how we get another Cataclysm.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Well, Night Elves kind of need a new, “home” and the same could be said for Forsaken or just rid the blight.

Most importantly in a revamp, it should be done with the purpose of being useful for max level, and less so for leveling. I mean I want to see changes, and new stories in legit all the zones (untenable, I know) but more importantly I want a reason for my main to be there, doing useful shit.

-A weather zone affix, could add variety while you’re there. (Thunderstorm - lower visibility, water elementals litter the zone, chance to be struck by lightning)
    -IE tech utilized; Barrens is has a Centaur raid pop up, fucking shit up. Randomized mob attacks; maybe they drop a currency to buy rewards post attack.
    -WQ, personally I don’t mind them, especially as a rep grind system, paragon chest are in a good place atm I feel. Maybe add racial themed armor (warfronts-esque) for each racial faction as a paragon chest reward, even allied races.
    -“vision” assaults, where the whole zone is more or less assaulted like Org and SW in 8.3, however not just old god/N’Zoth, but bigger threats, scourge, black dragons, twilight cult, Legion remnants, nightmare, naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

I'd love to see the Lightforge take over Stromgarde alongside Turalyon. Seems like a good place for them and Turalyon was one of the generals in charge of it. The Mag'har seem like a great fit to rebuild the Crossroads IMO or perhaps take over Stonetalon Mountains.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support any notion of making in-game areas closer to their Hearthstone counterparts.

Hearthstone is rich with rad concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I support any notion of making in-game areas closer to their Hearthstone counterparts.

Hearthstone is rich with rad concepts.
    I stopped playing Hearthstone about 2 years ago, can you give a few examples - I only know of the expanded Gadgetzan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I stopped playing Hearthstone about 2 years ago, can you give a few examples - I only know of the expanded Gadgetzan.
    Beyond Gadgetzan, they expanded regions like Un'Goro Crater, Gilneas, and Stranglethorn to name a few

Un'Goro's particularly good - the region's theme as a 'testing grounds' for the Titans was built upon, adding lots of new creatures, and most significantly the dinosaurs there were imbued with the ability to evolve and transform through combat, absorbing elemental properties from the region around them to rapidly mutate new powers. They remind me a lot of the Primal Zerg from Starcraft, who could evolve directly by consuming other lifeforms. They also hinted at extensive underground regions of the crater, including crystal caverns like Deepholm and frozen regions with monstrous creatures trapped in ice.

The Whispers of the Old God expansion had tons of Old God-themed monsters that haven't shown up in game yet (though a couple might be appearing in the next patch) and also had the general concept of the Old Gods overtaking a region of the world and twisting it into a monstrous version of itself - and that sounds a lot like what's being done with N'Zoth's attacks on Azeroth. Maybe N'Zoth's attack will just be a test bed for a fullscale Old God incursion in the future, where more regions are twisted over into tentacle-covered reflections of themselves.

Really, Hearthstone in general seems to theme its various expansions around taking one concept or region in WoW and then exploding it out with a lot more ideas, characters, monsters, and ideas. It's probably not feasible to do something like a full re-creation of Un'Goro and include everything that Hearthstone does (and Hearthstone's tone is in general a lot goofier than even WoW is) but I think tapping HS for ideas is definitely something that should be done.

This is one of my favorite things, the Hearthstone art gallery: https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Full_art

Pick any expansion and just have a look at the various full art galleries, there's so many cool ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Exactly the opposite, I want EK and Kalimdor to be at least on Northrend level of quality, so they need to do it from scratch. Let's be honest land design is amazing in every expansion (in Cata I'm talking about new zones, not revamped ones).
    As much as I'd love it if that just build a new Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms from scratch that's probably a lot more than Blizzard would be willing to do. If they did rebuild from scratch I'd want them to scale everything up 2x at least.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two more courtesy of dreaming the Blizzcon build leaked early.

Elwynn: There's now two watchtowers on the road to Stormwind from Goldshire, and a new road (that apparently requires the mountain to be redesigned as in the build the road ran into it) connects Westbrook Garrison directly to Stormwind. Goldshire has a new building where the DMF was.

Westfall: The tornado is gone. The farm area by the river has grown into its own town, with a big barn like Moonbrook. Sentinal Hill is finished, fully walled and now has a barracks. CSI is gone.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)