Thread: Ner'Zhul

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ner'Zhul

Hello everyone,

I have a small speculation, is it possible that Bownsamdi boss is actually Ner'Zhul ? Maybe Bolvar Ended up by getting corrupted after all this time Wearing The Helm Of Domination ?.

Furthermore, upon the Lich King's death he even spoke of "Seeing only darkness before him" while Sylvanas Windrunner said the same in Silverpine Forest after being risen from the dead by the Val'kyr. This may hint that because undead, death knights, and necromancers are connected to the Realm of Shadows when they die (again) they actually become apart of the Realm of Shadows and are forced to wanders in its dark mists for the rest of eternity.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, Ner'zhuls soul was almost entirely consumed by Arthas.

This may hint that because undead, death knights, and necromancers are connected to the Realm of Shadows
    The Shadowlands are the realms of death.
    It's the place every mortal is drawn to upon death.

As wielders of Necromancy, of course they are connected to it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Criticals View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a small speculation, is it possible that Bownsamdi boss is actually Ner'Zhul ? Maybe Bolvar Ended up by getting corrupted after all this time Wearing The Helm Of Domination ?.

Furthermore, upon the Lich King's death he even spoke of "Seeing only darkness before him" while Sylvanas Windrunner said the same in Silverpine Forest after being risen from the dead by the Val'kyr. This may hint that because undead, death knights, and necromancers are connected to the Realm of Shadows when they die (again) they actually become apart of the Realm of Shadows and are forced to wanders in its dark mists for the rest of eternity.
    Bolvar being her master is more likely than Ner'zhul. But I still doubt it.

Since they hired the writter that made Arthas kill Ner’zhul in a mind battle (totally BS) i dont see blizzard suddenly turn around and actually spend time on the character Ner’zhul.

They basicly allowed a book writter to destroy this character and have a foolish human be the better of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, Ner'zhuls soul was almost entirely consumed by Arthas.

The Shadowlands are the realms of death.
    It's the place every mortal is drawn to upon death.

As wielders of Necromancy, of course they are connected to it.
    Not really that simple, they fought over who would be in control of the body and Arthas won and was the dominant personality, but Ner'zhul was still in there, but more just like a voice in the back of the mind.
    Last edited by Raven; 2019-10-13 at 09:35 AM.

inb4 it was nerzhuls plan all along and just pretended to be defeated...

10+ Year Old Account
    Always felt sorry for ner'zhul. In rise of the horde he was dealing with the death of his wife and hoped to seek wisdom from her spirit to spiritually help his people. That's where it starts with kil'jaeden messing with him and steering him down a dark path he couldn't break from, so just kept on going.

Makes me wonder if in warlords that ner'zhul was still manipulated by kil'jaeden, or if he found some kind of peace in death unlike the main timelines one.

Why is everyone ignoring The WoD nerzhul pulling a loki with the tesseract?

Quote Originally Posted by Napee View Post
    How exactly did he do that?

7+ Year Old Account
    The Ner'zhul of WoD was AU Ner'zhul and we killed him during the Shadowmoon Burial Grounds dungeon. He didn't escape at the last second as you're implying.

That boy dead.

Bolvar has been acting strange in Legion, and it is weird how Arthas "snapped out of it" after we kicked the helmet off in his last moments.

Even if Arthas wrested control from Ner'zhul in that one novel, it seems to be like he would have "defeated" Ner'zhul, by putting him in the sword.
    The sword that we broke.
    And released all the ghosts inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Ner'zhul was like a super badass character for the orcs.

Then Warcraft 3 happened and he became even more interesting and badass.

Then something something Christie Golden, they just got rid of him for years because reasons.

Then, as a silver lining to the turd that was WoD they brought him back...... only to kill him off in a launch 5 man. Anub'arak eat yer heart out.

How anyone takes the storytelling in this game remotely seriously anymore is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Bolvar has been acting strange in Legion, and it is weird how Arthas "snapped out of it" after we kicked the helmet off in his last moments.

Even if Arthas wrested control from Ner'zhul in that one novel, it seems to be like he would have "defeated" Ner'zhul, by putting him in the sword.
    The sword that we broke.
    Very good point. I wish it were Ner'zhul, he still feels so under-utilized and I'd rather bring back an old cool character and give him more depth than create a new one just to kill off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Ner'zhul was like a super badass character for the orcs.

Then Warcraft 3 happened and he became even more interesting and badass.

Then something something Christie Golden, they just got rid of him for years because reasons.

Then, as a silver lining to the turd that was WoD they brought him back...... only to kill him off in a launch 5 man. Anub'arak eat yer heart out.

How anyone takes the storytelling in this game remotely seriously anymore is beyond me.
    Wod was its own unique problem, the Iron Horde in general was small and moved quickly to demons. If the focus was more on the Iron Horde, we might of gotten something better. a Character getting shafted doesn't mean "WELP LETS NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY ANYMORE"

I mean Vol'jin died in the worst fashion(And he gets relevance in BFA but still...dead).

I don't mind Ner'zhul coming back in any form but he should be separate from any Lich King shennigans.

Very good point. I wish it were Ner'zhul, he still feels so under-utilized and I'd rather bring back an old cool character and give him more depth than create a new one just to kill off.
    Kinda what I said earlier. if WoD went differently he'd be seen differently in that expansion. Would be interesting to see him be a Harbinger of the Void Lords.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

The sword that we broke.
    If I had to predict, I'd say the helm itself has another entity within it, like the essence of the lich king itself, something kil'jaeden pulled from the shadowlands without knowing what it was, and every person bound to the helm, ner'zhul, arthas, Bolvar, is slowly drivin by whatever it is. So even without ner'zhuls soul, something within the helm pushed arthas on to be the lich king.

I've always considered Mueh'zala to be Bwonsamdi's boss. Also the person Sylvannus is working for (since 8.2.5 atleast). Very little lore, barely any references. The lore could be built up to make him fit(even though, he suggestively does). It's assumed that Mueh'zala is the being Odyn traded his eye for sight into the shadowlands. It's believed that Mueh'zala has power within the shadowlands - and even if not, can be writen to, as there is extremely limited cannon info on him.

Mueh'zala was summoned by the Sandfury tribe at Zul'Farrak so they could sacrifice their prisoners - Aramar Thorne, Makasa Flintwill, Taryndrella, Hackle, and Murky - to him. When Mueh'zala went after Murky as a "little snack", Aram stepped between the two of them and Mueh'zala stopped, shocking everyone including the Sandfury trolls. But Aram was told that it was not "the day", and that Mueh'zala would not engage him there and then. But the day would come, and if Aram were to lose that battle, Mueh'zala would feast on all of Azeroth. Mueh'zala sank into the sands of Zul'Farrak and vanished.[2]
    Mueh'zala later appeared to Aram in a vision alongside Xaraax, the dreadlord who led the Hidden. In the dream Mueh'zala and Xaraax taunted Aram, telling him they had no objection if Aram completed the Diamond Blade whose shards he had been gathering. Together, Mueh'zala and the dreadlord said that there would be a reckoning, the battle would come, the fire would burn, and Mueh'zala would feast on all of Azeroth.[3]
    This implies that Mueh'zala has some pretty big power.

First mention of him was in Traveler (2018) and there's a shrine to him in Zuldazzar. A loa, linked to death, that we know nothing about, that was created just before BFA. Everyone is overlooking him IMO. There's also his title;
    Mueh'zala -
    God of Death, (Loa have superiors? -> Gods?)
    Father of Sleep, (link to death)
    Son of Time
    Night's Friend (links to shadowlands)
    that's a pretty big hint.

Yea, I'm gonna go out on a whim, say this is Bwonsamdi's boss, and Death it(him)self.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2019-10-13 at 08:33 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Because that didn't happen ... Ner'zhul was killed in Draenor

The Edge of Reality is a location within the Shadowlands[1] that seems to have a connection to the void. During Ner'zhul's last stand following A [92] Darkness Falls, he retreats to the Edge of Reality and is killed there.

There are also portals to the Edge of Reality (also labeled 'Edge of Reality' to denote where they lead) that rarely spawn across Draenor that can lead to the [Voidtalon of the Dark Star]. These portals are rare, only allow one person through before despawning, and will automatically despawn if someone who already has the voidtalon tries to enter.

We killed him in the shadow lands. Easy peasy for blizzard to justify he didnt die.

Guys update on my Theory its becoming more and more valid.

Watch latest bellular video

Ner'zhul, the idiot who finally destroyed Outlands? Yeah really don't think they should continue with him in any way or form, let him remain eaten by Arthas please.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.