Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    I'll disagree there. I do care about what is happening in Hong Kong, media in my country are doing a great job on reporting every little bit there. I willingly read about it several times a day in newspapers.

When these things leak into every single aspect of my daily routine it doesn't make me more involved or engaged, it just makes me annoyed and tired of it. It's not about burrying my head in the sand, or pretending problems in the world don't exist, it's rather about being able to divide your attention into multiple areas.
    You care. I care. That's not the issue.

The issue is that AS A SOCIETY, if we don't do the civic/social work that is our responsibility to do as citizens of our country as well as our global responsibilities (stopping human trafficking, climate catastrophe, etc), then those problems will only get worse and seep into every facet of our lives.

More succinctly, as a society we haven't done the civic/social work in a really, really long time and these civic/social issues are backing up like sewage. Not saying that civic/social responsibilities are sewage, far from it. But the byproduct of their neglect sure is akin to it...

Also, I get it. I ALSO would like a respite. Point is that we're only going to get it AFTER we do the hard work of clearing our civic/social backlog. Until then? yeah, it's only gonna get worse and no amount of resentment is gonna change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    you see, the problem with your logic is that when people hijack platforms which have no room or want for said political drama/statements it drives away the paying customer who wants their platform free of this. once you drive away all the money, the platform goes away too and now everything is ruined for everybody.
    Do you understand? "There is a time and a place for ....." is one of the best statements ever and one that should be adhered to more often
    except, the thing that's driving away people atm, is the fact that they didnt let blitzchung hijack it, or rather punished him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    Says the guy with an "IMPEACH THE MF" Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerde13 View Post
    No, that doesn't count. Apparently, posters on a forum focused on video game discussion should be made aware of just how much he doesn't like the current US President.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerde13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, that doesn't count. Apparently, posters on a forum focused on video game discussion should be made aware of just how much he doesn't like the current US President.
    Did MMO-C ask me to take down my political sig? No? Then stfu and understand that you have no point no matter how many times you want to repeat the same dead lines. Having a sig on a gaming site isn't the same as hijacking a tournament championship to say "Impeach the MF"

I don't like blueberry pie, I guess that means with your logic I hate all blueberries and nobody can have any lol
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2019-10-13 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    You care. I care. That's not the issue.

The issue is that AS A SOCIETY, if we don't do the civic/social work that is our responsibility to do as citizens of our country as well as our global responsibilities (stopping human trafficking, climate catastrophe, etc), then those problems will only get worse and seep into every facet of our lives.

More succinctly, as a society we haven't done the civic/social work in a really, really long time and these civic/social issues are backing up like sewage. Not saying that civic/social responsibilities are sewage, far from it. But the byproduct of their neglect sure is akin to it...

Also, I get it. I ALSO would like a respite. Point is that we're only going to get it AFTER we do the hard work of clearing our civic/social backlog. Until then? yeah, it's only gonna get worse and no amount of resentment is gonna change that.
    You're acting like it's possible for every John Doe to just grab a gun and go down to the local mafia HQ and stir things up. Not everyone lives in a major capitol city with real influence. I for one live in a small town where I have to commute to work in a slightly larger town, making the only way of doing my "civic duty" a political vote every four years. Not everyone has the time nor the demography to daily demonstrate outside a major campus or political square...
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We were created by the biblical God.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    There's as much evidence for Santa as for darwinian evolution.
    The irony

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Yeah, and it's only because it was a cause most people can agree with. .
    not all opinions are equal.

comparing wanting freedom in a peaceful way for your country that's being opressed by an authoritarian way to cutting off people's heads and blowing up villages killing innocents is kinda disingenious dont you think?

Did MMO-C ask me to take down my political sig? No? Then stfu and understand that you have no point no matter how many times you want to repeat the same dead lines. Having a sig on a gaming site isn't the same as hijacking a tournament championship to say "Impeach the MF"

I don't like blueberry pie, I guess that means with your logic I hate all blueberries and nobody can have any lol
    Again, your point is not that you think there should be places without politics, it's just licking the boot of authority, deferring to rules. It's comfortable, I suppose.

After all, some people might want to come here to talk about video games and don't want some political message thrown in their faces when they are discussing the newest raid.

Well, Blitzchung achieved at least something. And I think he was well aware of the sacrifice and was willing to make it.

Regarding video game companies' dependency on China, he pretty much put the finger in the wound. So he has that going for him, too.
    He not only promoted the HK issue, but also raised awareness regarding the western apathy towards the HK issue. That's another point for him.

Sometimes, playing by the "rules" gets you nowhere. Because the "rules" were made by those in power to behave to their advantage and convenience.

'How dare those black athlete's raise their fist at the Olympics when they've been placed on the medal platform. I want my sports free of politics, thanks.'
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Again, your point is not that you think there should be places without politics, it's just licking the boot of authority, deferring to rules. It's comfortable, I suppose.

After all, some people might want to come here to talk about video games and don't want some political message thrown in their faces when they are discussing the newest raid.
    My point has always been to not hijack a platform that doesn't belong to you. I bet you wouldn't appreciate me hacking your facebook page to put propaganda that I thought was important to be shown to people right? I have no clue why that simple statement continues to elude you. And if you don't like my sig that I have here you are free to ignore me and enjoy your safe space.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    yes, its literally political. there are no "human rights". thats all politics and governments.
    I find it amusing how many people fail to understand this. There are no official universal human rights so continuing to bring that up is pointless. Each nation gets to determine what those rights are.

God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    Funny how the same companies have absolutely no issues with LGBT and SJW politics, but when the politics offend China, it's suddenly a problem.

It's the hypocrisy that we have a problem with.

My point has always been to not hijack a platform that doesn't belong to you. I bet you wouldn't appreciate me hacking your facebook page to put propaganda that I thought was important to be shown to people right? I have no clue why that simple statement continues to elude you. And if you don't like my sig that I have here you are free to ignore me and enjoy your safe space.
    No, nothing eludes me.
    It's just funny to me that you're still backtracking, still trying to find shaky excuses and scrambling for false equivalences in order to avoid being rightfully labeled a massive hypocrite.

At this point, I'm just enjoying myself. Mind you, you already conceded a few posts ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I find it amusing how many people fail to understand this. There are no official universal human rights so continuing to bring that up is pointless. Each nation gets to determine what those rights are.
    That sure.. is a take.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Yes, and those countries can do whatever the fuck they want in THEIR country.
    When I get told about what I can say and do by a foreign country through a proxy that is blackmailed by that country to enforce its values on me, I have a big issue with it.

Also these Western companies talk about progressiveness and inclusivity, and calling me a white supremacist for disagreeing with their shit, BUT at the same time they do business with parties for whom these notions are not only jokes but are out right offensive.

That is some fucking epic hypocrisy right there, and quite insulting to me.

Prepare to feel the wrath of tweeter mob. Let the power of people saying mean things about you on the internet bend you into submision.

So, indeed, I dont begrudge any esport company doing their best to avoid becoming political soap boxes.

If this had been some dude yelling MAGA or IMPEACH! no one would be fighting the ban.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    'How dare those black athlete's raise their fist at the Olympics when they've been placed on the medal platform. I want my sports free of politics, thanks.'
    "How dare those countries boycott the olympics being held in the Soviet Union! I want my sports free of politics!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Prepare to feel the wrath of tweeter mob. Let the power of people saying mean things about you on the internet bend you into submision.
    Much better to let the power of Chinese money bend you into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    guy speaks up for hong kong on his own stream/blog whatever

couple thousand sees/reacts

guy speaks up for hong kong on a tournament, tens of millions are in uproar and it gets a massive effect on social media.

yeah I wonder which is more effective
    So, how effective was it ? I mean, imagine Blizzard didn't do anything, so outrage against the company aside - what those 'millions' that saw it done since then to in any way help the situation in Hong Kong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Wait, is that a Heel vs BabyFace video? The same Heel v Babyface who keeps moaning in his videos that politics should never be forced into gaming//moves/TV, and here he is advocating for it....

Yea... if we post a videos on this site can we have a more reliable opinion than people like HeelvBabyface and The Quartering. Two of the biggest hypocrites when it comes to gaming. The Quartering literally made a website that is a 'no politics zone' and just gaming. Yet he also took shots at Blizzard for daring censor a poltical speech. You'd think these channels would be for Blizzard idea to ban Blitzchung

HeelvBabyface and The Quartering don't care about China, they just enjoy having shots at companies they feel are 'woke'. Because both of them are right wing racists and sexists. I am surprised MMO-Champion continues to let these video be linked here.
    Find me someone who is more realiable in topics like that, and for your ammusement i will change first post. Deal?
    If you are Activision fan boy. Please don't talk to me.