Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Riot pleads to players. "Don't do Blitzchung"

Well played Rito, you added more oil to the fire.

well, we know what's going to be happening soon.

i can't wait to see it play out.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    Yeah, the enthusiasm for this "asking" worked so well for them in the past few days.

God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    hopefully they slam the first fool to do it hard so that the trend dies quickly. play politics on your own time.

Says the dude with the ironic signature.

god forbid people speak up against the complete disregard of human rights on a forum where it gets the most recognition

They're right, players shouldn't be using video game platforms for something they're not meant to be used.

It's 2019 give me a break from that hot garbage. If you want to ''speak up'' against anything at all in this world, never before has a single voice had such volume or power as it does today on social media and the internet. There is zero need to hijack somebody else's tournament or gaming event to further push your personal agenda, regardless of what it may be. Do that shit on your own platform.

And if you really gave a shit you would actually do something instead of virtue signaling on a gaming forum so save it lol.
    guy speaks up for hong kong on his own stream/blog whatever

couple thousand sees/reacts

guy speaks up for hong kong on a tournament, tens of millions are in uproar and it gets a massive effect on social media.

yeah I wonder which is more effective

this whole "I dont wanna see the real world in my video games" thing is doing nothing but perpetuates the ignorance for human suffering in the west.

and dont come back at me with the whole "nothing's gonna change anyway" BS, you have to at least try.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2019-10-13 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    They're right, players shouldn't be using video game platforms for something they're not meant to be used.
    only children really think otherwise. riot is absolutely in the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guarantee 90% of this thread will assume Riot is shilling for Tencent when they're really just trying to stop more retarded politics from unnecessarily entering another field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I'm glad I have adblock enabled on youtube. As for Riot, of course they don't want their tournaments to go in full political talks mode like Hearthstone did.

Corporations seeking to establish global monocultures of placated consumerists that are not allowed to express their political views are pretty much villains who wish to exploit the young and naive, and they have no moral basis to be asking for anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, when I log into a game, I log in to avoid world politics..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly, when I log into a game, I log in to avoid world politics..
    In that case you need to play open source games, as the companies you promote will always be trying to shape politics in their favour.

If you say yes, then I wish I shared in your naivety.
    obviously not, and it's not the point either.

but what it COULD do is reduce the amount of bootlicking western companies do with the chinese if the backlash is big enough

and that is at least something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentai View Post
    In that case you need to play open source games, as the companies you promote will always be trying to shape politics in their favour.
    lmao ah yes, i remember the deep political undertones of castle crashers.

I will concede to that point and agree with the goal, but remain that you can achieve the same pressure without hijacking their events that your friends are trying to enjoy.

It's 2019 these types of methods are quite simply outdated and no longer necessary with social media and YouTube and all that.
    they could try and win the tournament, building their own fan base, and use their own platform. but that would mean putting in work..... so unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't that their entire point once upon a time?
    Back in the days, games was indeed to get away from things. Still is to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pentai View Post
    Eh, not yet had a political conflict induced through a game without outside interference of another player.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

A lot of these guys in HS are Chinese and have big fan bases and are friends. Admittedly the main one I know is Amaz, but I know there are many more and if they wanted to get together and group up for awareness for Hong Kong with their own HS tourney what's wrong with that? And they'd make a lot of money doing it, which could go to the cause or charity they wish for or their own pockets whichever they wanted.

Get some news coverage on it and Bam. Viral.

And that's with only 2min of me sitting here brain storming
    that involves them doing work, putting in their own effort, and trying to make in impact on their own. why do that when they could just burden a company already doing a tournament and force their politics upon them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    they could try and win the tournament, building their own fan base, and use their own platform. but that would mean putting in work..... so unlikely.
    Well, that is what Blitzchung said sorry for. And he for the future will use his own media for it.