Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I fully support Blizzard in their harsh punishment. You don't hijack a private media platform, for your political agenda. It's in the contract too.

Yes, Blizzard, like every company on the Chinese market, are in full compliance with its government and must abide to the rules too. And the rules are if you are given license for games you do games.

I also don't want my games to be mediums for politics, already got the fake news for that.

That aside I do support the agenda and I am against the communist dictatorship in China, but Hearthstone is not the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    I love how people act like voicing your opinion on serious issues, or protesting, shouldn't inconvenience others. That's the entire point of a protest, to be an inconvenience so as to bring attention to an issue.

You probably would've been the white guy in the 60's telling MLK "I sympathize with your plight, but do you have to do your sit-in at this diner? Can't you do it somewhere else that won't bother anyone? We just want to have lunch, not worry about politics."
    This lol.

Anyway, it's a moot point because what they don't realise is they've already lost the argument. The mere fact that we're here going back and forth about it demonstrates that his methodology was effective and warranted as it achieved his goals - bringing awareness to Chinese oppression in HK AND censorship outside the borders of China amongst the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    God forbid video game companies ask for an environment free from politics so we can all enjoy the thing or event we came to enjoy.
    Though I find the amusing where the double standards are, them wanting a "political free" environment and Trade Chat still being outright inundated with that talk is ironic.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to protest about HK, go do it outside. Stop fucking with People hobbies. I couldn't give a shit if Videogame Companies don't want political shit in their games.

Also, HeelvsBabyface is just farming outrage at this point and anyone that thinks he sincerely actually cares and isn't just in it to keep his hackworthy channel going are as big of idiots as he is.

It's very telling that the crowd screeching are acting as if the HK situation only blew up and became public awareness with Blizzard's punishment of this player.

To the world at large, it's been a thing since March.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-10-13 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

Well played Rito, you added more oil to the fire.
    What does that sentence mean? *Don't do Blitzchung*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You don't believe that human rights are a thing? That's an oof.
    Tbf Human Rights *aren't* a thing globally. If anything they are "Western Citizen" Rights.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    It's 2019 give me a break from that hot garbage. If you want to ''speak up'' against anything at all in this world, never before has a single voice had such volume or power as it does today on social media and the internet. There is zero need to hijack somebody else's tournament or gaming event to further push your personal agenda, regardless of what it may be. Do that shit on your own platform.

And if you really gave a shit you would actually do something instead of virtue signaling on a gaming forum so save it lol.
    Ironic. Very ironic, coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    This lol.

Anyway, it's a moot point because what they don't realise is they've already lost the argument. The mere fact that we're here going back and forth about it demonstrates that his methodology was effective and warranted as it achieved his goals - bringing awareness to Chinese oppression in HK AND censorship outside the borders of China amongst the gaming community.
    I didnt need blitzchung to tell me "china bad, freedom for HK". Thos of us who are interested in other countries' politics and conflicts dont need a hearthstone streamer to inform us. And those who didn't know about it its because they aren't interested. They just want to appear empathic and pretend that they care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    What does that sentence mean? *Don't do Blitzchung*
    Don't express political statements during live events or interviews.

Riot Games is owned by Tencent so this doesn't surprise me.

I also wouldn't be surprised if similar sentiments are being circulated internally at other eSports-centric games.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Tbf Human Rights *aren't* a thing globally. If anything they are "Western Citizen" Rights.
    I'm pretty sure many would disagree with you on *human rights aren't a global thing* statement. :P
    I hightly doubt it's a western thing.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    When developers put money ahead of ethics, you know the gaming industry is fucked. They all seem to only care about those sweet China bucks rather than doing the right thing. They are so afraid of pissing off the Chinese that they won't be ethical in allowing players freedom of speech. Fuck China and fuck greed
    Free speech on a platform that isn't yours? Ethics?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Do I know you?
    "Don't bring politics into muh gaming discussions"
    *Brings political banner into said discussion in the form of his sig*

I'm gonna ignore your conjecture and focus on this bit here. You honestly think that some limp-neck nerds holding signs or yelling lines at an esports event is going to cause Hina to fundamentally change their governing style?
    Did you think some black men holding black gloved fists up at the Olympics would help change a government? Because it did, and esports today have as much reach as the Olympics did in the 60s.

There is nothing wrong with using your platform to protest, even if it comes with punishment. This is how change happens in the world in case you skipped your history classes.

Most 'political' talk in trade chat is just trolls trying to get a rise out of people cuz they know how passionate most get when politics is brought up, especially these days which just further proves my point in to why companies would rather politics stay out of their events/tournaments.
    Then they should encourage that by restricting it on their games, since the platforms surrounding it have stricter regime against political talk unless it's LGBT. This is hypocrisy if they don't, and trolling doesn't excuse it.

Hell, cannot wait to see Riot make a rainbow flag posts next June, cause pretty certain this will come up. This ain't going away anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Oh no, it might hurt the company's ability to profit from kowtowing to a dictatorship.
    its their company they make their own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I'm pretty sure many would disagree with you on *human rights aren't a global thing* statement. :P
    I hightly doubt it's a western thing.
    you would be wrong, as human rights are not a real thing. that is factual. by being born you do not get these magical powers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pls read post #280 I can't be bothered to explain the same simple point over and over.
    Please read MMO-C survival guide, tip #154:
    You make an ironic post, expect people to point out how it's ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Yea, because the gaming community isn't as racist as it is sexist or homophobic.

But sure, let's treat all of this differently... because calling out for human rights in China is completely different than calling out for human rights for women, gays or basically any race on this planet. I totally get your point. Talking about China is just silly in that context - why should wait for the official international freedom-for-China day before we're being allowed to monetize out empathy for China by buying tons tons FREE///CHINA merch.
    The gaming community is mostly honest and blunt, while it also loves to provoke for the shits and giggles.

No I completely understand the ''irony'' about it that people think they see. It's low hanging fruit for me to quickly see who is a bit simple really in that if I go to a venue then that venue is not for me to change into whatever 'message' or cause I feel is worthy. If Blizz wants to have an LGBT themed tournament then that is their prerogative, and if MMO-C wants to allow for political signatures on their site then that is also their prerogative, but what isn't right is going to an event with false pretenses to further push your agenda against the wishes of the company that allowed you to be a part of their big platform. I have never said to keep politics out of video games in general , nor have I ever said that we should keep politics out of everything, only that you shouldn't hijack somebody else's platform to push your agenda, regardless of what it may be.

Everybody that has said something similar to you has been the real comedy gold and I thank my sig for showcasing how many are ready to take that low-hanging fruit lol.
    Hey, if your bait of a signature gives you a chuckle then more power to you. If you think it makes you feel superior over other people because people call you out on it, welp... that's a personal problem, and one I don't plan on addressing in any sort of detail. Good luck with that.

But the fact you are calling people out for putting political messages in gaming, while using a political based signature on a gaming forum is ironic at best, and hypocritical at worst. So which is it? Are you posting that to be a hypocrite, or are you bluntly ignorant to that fact you are being one? Pick one; you cannot have your cake and eat it, too, in this scenario.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-10-14 at 12:14 AM. Reason: typos, lol