Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    wait and see IF he is found guilty, and IF his sentence isnt some slap on the wrist compared to what anyone else in the same situation would have gotten

    or hell, what Atatiana Jefferson would have gotten if she had shot him thinking he was someone trying to break in.

  2. #122
    Moderator Crissi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    30,657
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    wait and see IF he is found guilty, and IF his sentence isnt some slap on the wrist compared to what anyone else in the same situation would have gotten

    or hell, what Atatiana Jefferson would have gotten if she had shot him thinking he was someone trying to break in.
    I suspect he will be, and will get a tougher sentence. People are sick of this shit, and I think the victims family forgiving Amber was a large factor in her getting 10 years, while this family is angry and fed up.

    The video evidence is so damning I dont see how "i feared for my life' would ever apply.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Looks like suicide by cop to me. She was found with a gun which may explain why the officer reacted so quickly after he told her to show her hands. If she pointed the gun at him, he had no choice but to fire. I guess some want to argue that police shouldn't be allowed to fire unless they've already been fired upon, but that has consequences like dead officers.
    Left door open, because it was nice outside. Inside playing video games with her 8 year old nephew. Wasn't even the one who called police. But suicide by cop is your default answer.

    The only thing she did wrong was being born the wrong color.

  4. #124
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    33,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    Truly terrible situation and the officer should be brought up on murder charges unless more information surfaces. That being said, is the reporting mistaken with the bolded parts? Neighbor called 911 for a non-emergency call. If a situation is not an emergency do NOT call 911. There are other numbers to reach your local police.
    The report I heard said he called a non emergency number.

  5. #125
    Legendary! TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    6,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    Truly terrible situation and the officer should be brought up on murder charges unless more information surfaces. That being said, is the reporting mistaken with the bolded parts? Neighbor called 911 for a non-emergency call. If a situation is not an emergency do NOT call 911. There are other numbers to reach your local police.
    Whatever article you read claiming the neighbor called 911 is mistaken, the neighbor did not call 911. The neighbor called the non-emergency line to request a welfare check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  6. #126
    The Unstoppable Force cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    24,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Looks like suicide by cop to me. She was found with a gun which may explain why the officer reacted so quickly after he told her to show her hands. If she pointed the gun at him, he had no choice but to fire. I guess some want to argue that police shouldn't be allowed to fire unless they've already been fired upon, but that has consequences like dead officers.
    Of course it does. That's what all racists say given these circumstances. God forbid you get the actual facts and realize the cop should probably just be taken out back and hung.

    He already resigned - guess he did that because he felt his actions were so justified your Klan was going to send him a fully funded retirement plan?
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-10-15 at 12:42 AM.
    No one is above the law!

  7. #127
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    19,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    How much do you think hell get? 4 years? 8?

    Are going to try character assassinate Atatiana by saying she had a gun in home? Maybe she got a C on a test once, didn't properly cite a paper properly?

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The guy, Aaron Dean, has resigned. Interim chief has said he was about to fire him ( an unlikely story imo but it is what it is). There better be charges coming and this dude better not run since he's not cooperating with the investigation apparently.

    https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/10/14/...ana-jefferson/
    That is usually what happens in these cases, they have a bad shoot, and they resign and get hired down the road a few months later.

  9. #129
    The body cam footage is unmistakable, there are no ifs and buts. Normally, he should not be able to get away with this.
    I do not like courts with book being thrown at someone for the sake of it and to make an example, but in this case there really needs to be a harsh punishment. Let's see if the murder charge actually sticks this time...

    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Looks like suicide by cop to me. She was found with a gun which may explain why the officer reacted so quickly after he told her to show her hands. If she pointed the gun at him, he had no choice but to fire. I guess some want to argue that police shouldn't be allowed to fire unless they've already been fired upon, but that has consequences like dead officers.
    And here is the first genius to excuse this. Congratulations, you must have put a lot of thought into this, while ignoring that this happens in 3 seconds, that under Texas laws she could do whatever and that police were doing something totally illogical by sneaking around backyard. Oh, and that this was not even an emergency call, but a wellfare checkup, which for some stupid reason got an armed response.

  10. #130
    Hopefully he gets atleast 10-20 years for this shit.
    From the video it clearly shows him jumping the gun and shooting way to quick.

  11. #131
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    60,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    And here is the first genius to excuse this. Congratulations, you must have put a lot of thought into this, while ignoring that this happens in 3 seconds, that under Texas laws she could do whatever and that police were doing something totally illogical by sneaking around backyard. Oh, and that this was not even an emergency call, but a wellfare checkup, which for some stupid reason got an armed response.
    An armed, stealthy response. They didn't announce themselves. Didn't knock on the door or ring the doorbell. They pulled up away from the house, snuck up and into her backyard, and assassinated her through the back window with basically no warning at all, and no time for her to respond to what warning they did give.

    Like I said earlier in the thread; even if she were armed and had her gun aimed at the officer, she would be the one in the legal right in that situation. So any possibility that she was armed isn't going to help the officer one whit in his defense at trial.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An armed, stealthy response. They didn't announce themselves. Didn't knock on the door or ring the doorbell. They pulled up away from the house, snuck up and into her backyard, and assassinated her through the back window with basically no warning at all, and no time for her to respond to what warning they did give.

    Like I said earlier in the thread; even if she were armed and had her gun aimed at the officer, she would be the one in the legal right in that situation. So any possibility that she was armed isn't going to help the officer one whit in his defense at trial.
    Yeah, the whole incident is just... wrong from every angle.
    About the trial, I hate the police doing the "oh, btw, there was a gun/weed/he was a criminal before" thing they love to blurt to press, casually.
    Have some integrity at least instead of trying to swing what public thinks about the victim.

  13. #133
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Hold the fuck up.. 21 weeks? That's all the education police get there? In my country it takes 28 MONTHS to get educated as police. And that's not swat or whatever, that's standard street cop
    That's actually more than usual. The average is 19 weeks and ranges from 10 weeks (Georgia) to 22 weeks (California)

    More details on training duration and what it contains.

    Also note you have utter nutcases like Dave Grossman doing basically extracurricular "training" for police.

    In the class recorded for “Do Not Resist,” Grossman at one point tells his students that the sex they have after they kill another human being will be the best sex of their lives. The room chuckles. But he’s clearly serious. “Both partners are very invested in some very intense sex,” he says. “There’s not a whole lot of perks that come with this job. You find one, relax and enjoy it.”

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    That's actually more than usual. The average is 19 weeks and ranges from 10 weeks (Georgia) to 22 weeks (California)

    More details on training duration and what it contains.

    Also note you have utter nutcases like Dave Grossman doing basically extracurricular "training" for police.
    Gross man indeed.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How much do you think hell get? 4 years? 8?

    Are going to try character assassinate Atatiana by saying she had a gun in home? Maybe she got a C on a test once, didn't properly cite a paper properly?
    Since apparently he was going to be fired before he resigned (as opposed to just being put on desk duty), they might try to make an example out of him.

    But arguing that she had a gun, and is therefore a terrible person liable to do something that gets herself shot by the police, isn't going to work in a country where it's apparently one of our most sacred rights... Or at least it wouldn't in a sane world where this sort of thing doesn't happen in the first place.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-10-15 at 05:21 AM.

  16. #136
    Elemental Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    8,032
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Left door open, because it was nice outside. Inside playing video games with her 8 year old nephew. Wasn't even the one who called police. But suicide by cop is your default answer.

    The only thing she did wrong was being born the wrong color.
    Said it might have been and it was more plausible than he was a racist itching to go out and kill a black person as soon as possible that I've been hearing. All we know now is the gun she had wasn't in play. We know he shot her. That's it. We have no motive at this time. We'll learn as the process moves on what happened. But this jump to racial motivation is premature unless you got information I don't.

  17. #137
    Zero annoucements nor knocking to allow their presense be known with car not parkedin the front, and the fucker shoots without knowing their target??? That's grounds for murder!

    Department should be sued for severe lack of training.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2019-10-15 at 05:40 AM.

  18. #138
    Elemental Lord Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    8,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The fucker shoots without knowing their target??? That's grounds for murder!
    That's what he's being charged with.

  19. #139
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    11,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    That's actually more than usual. The average is 19 weeks and ranges from 10 weeks (Georgia) to 22 weeks (California)

    More details on training duration and what it contains.

    Also note you have utter nutcases like Dave Grossman doing basically extracurricular "training" for police.
    That is honestly disgusting. Both parts.

    I thought 28 months was a bit little, but how you guys can even consider feeling safe when the police have just 10 weeks of training before being sent out on the street, armed, with people saying stuff like that to them during training is.. Something I don't understand.

  20. #140
    Herald of the Titans Pannonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, I’ve had conversations with my kids about always listening/following cops instructions and to always keep your hands where they can see them, and not to reach for your purse to show them your ID unless they ask. I’ve also told them to tell the cops your movements and why: “I’m getting my wallet out of my purse like you asked” etc. Be clear. Be calm. Move slow. Be loud so they can hear you.

    I’ve also said it may be best to just hand them the purse to retrieve the ID themselves cause they may get nervous seeing you digging in your purse.

    It’s sad.
    Honestly,

    If you have to tell your kids to remain calm and very cautious in regard to the police, the people who are out there to protect them... then I'd say there is a serious problem.

    Teenagers need to be calm and de-escalating in their presence to not get shot. That's sad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •