Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Farming on closed servers, a lost memory in retail.

I must say, it feels absolutely outstanding to have closed realms again.
    Now that guilds on both sides of the faction are dominating markets and controlling farm areas the community feels alive.

The world of Azeroth follows real world economics and power house guilds/groups of players are able to control the economy.
    Something retail has completely lost.

Ungoro on Skeram has been a serious battle to control devilsaurs.
    Elemental Fires have been a market under major control.

Farming for raw materials is getting spawn camped and controlled!

Can't express how much I missed this aspect of the game and finally it's back!

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    "Can't express how much I missed this aspect of the game"

Then don't. Nobody wants to read your fucking blog in here.

Oh this guy again

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Wait...anything on Skeram is a serious battle? Isn't that server's population like...10 to 1 in favor of the Horde? I'm sure some of it is exaggerated, but I've heard stories about Alliance players on Skeram being forced to dungeon grind because they can't get any quests done.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Wait...anything on Skeram is a serious battle? Isn't that server's population like...10 to 1 in favor of the Horde? I'm sure some of it is exaggerated, but I've heard stories about Alliance players on Skeram being forced to dungeon grind because they can't get any quests done.
    It's basically 2:1 horde, but yea, it's one of the most unbalanced servers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Oh this guy again
    What the fuck u have against this guy? He's typically stating the truth here.
    Its because MMO-champion is plagued by retail fanbois (the only left).
    Go to any other site and everyone hates on RETAIL wow instead of classic, this is like a cult for retail wow lol.

Even the moderators close classic threads but not retail threads hating on classic.
    Its pretty obvious how MMO-champion operates.

Look twitch and see how many watch retail wow compared to classic, you can't find a single twitch stream over like 1k playing retail lol.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    What are you doing here then? Not that I get how any of what you describe is fun in the first place. It sounds frustrating and exhausting to have to deal with. Maybe you could elaborate what's so fun about it besides the controlling aspect?
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-10-11 at 01:57 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post

Nobody wants your retarded posts here either lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you meant to type in blogspot.com and accidentally hit mmo champ bruh

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I think you meant to type in blogspot.com and accidentally hit mmo champ bruh
    If people did that, the number of threads on MMO-Champ would be down by at least half.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Now that guilds on both sides of the faction are dominating markets and controlling farm areas the community feels alive.

The world of Azeroth follows real world economics and power house guilds/groups of players are able to control the economy.

How can you miss something you never had? You never played Vanilla.

Yeay, looks like a real american capitalist dream world. Dominating economy by force and making big profit on less lucky players

Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    What the fuck u have against this guy? He's typically stating the truth here.
    Its because MMO-champion is plagued by retail fanbois (the only left).
    Go to any other site and everyone hates on RETAIL wow instead of classic, this is like a cult for retail wow lol.

Even the moderators close classic threads but not retail threads hating on classic.
    Its pretty obvious how MMO-champion operates.

Look twitch and see how many watch retail wow compared to classic, you can't find a single twitch stream over like 1k playing retail lol.
    Plagued by retail fanboys. Well...... Sure. In the same way UK is known for tropical climate

Oh no! Are you saying that the economy is a meritocracy?! OH NO! Git gud scrub.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guessing that a) we don't care and b) you need to stop using the forum as your person blog and c) put away the pom poms and stop being a cheerleader.
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account

I do. Don't talk for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Oh this guy again
    What he's posted is true. The world feels alive again, something retail lost a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

May as well not post anything on forums, eh. It's not like this is what they are used for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    What he's posted is true. The world feels alive again, something retail lost a long time ago.
    Completely ignoring the "feels alive" part because it's totally subjective he's completely full of shit. The market control things he was talking about still happen, they still exist, and have never changed. They're simply more difficult to do on live, which is more difficult to do than it is on classic, which is more difficult than it was to do in vanilla. The reason? Population. It was easy to corner a market in vanilla because realm populations were so small. Classic servers are significantly larger than vanilla servers were. Retail servers have the same realm size, have both factions sharing the same auction house pool, and then across connected realms.

TLR It's easier to corner a market in a realm of 2,000 Horde on a vanilla server than it is to corner the market on a realm of 5,000 Horde on a classic server than it is to corner a market of 30,000 Horde AND Alliance across 4-5 connected realms. Basically he's trying to pass off smaller server realms that have economies easier to control as a good thing that modern WoW is wrong for being harder to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    Also let's eat dung because ten billion flies can't be wrong.