Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which Political Party do your family support?

My family are all labour supporters.

My mom, a lifelong Republican, now supports Democrats. Easy to guess why.

My dad still supports Republicans.

3+ Year Old Account
    Nice try, government.

The one that doesn’t want to take away the 2nd Amendment of the United States.

Everyone but my brother/father supports democrats.

My brother an insane republican just does not talk politics anymore...cause he is embarrassed but refuses to budge even if it was just for one position in the party....
    you could not shut him up about politics still about 9 months ago. you can guess why.

My father life long republican will not vote for them nationally only locally now.

The interesting thing is the people who never used to care much are now avid voters/participants in the current and planned 2020 election.
    I kind of want to go back to when it was just my brother active in politics vs 11 others.

Shame we live in a locked in state...and they don't need the votes here.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    My family used to be hardcore republicans, but now they're all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Grandma supports the conservatives, Mother and Father used to be labour voters until they went full commie. Now they don't bother voting at all.

I'll vote for any party that'll champion free speech (Typically fringe parties that have no chance of getting in. Britain loves it's censorship apparently). I've yet to find a party worthy of any kind of voter loyalty.

All of my non- immediate family lives in Europe and I'd categorize the most conservative ones as center-left. I cannot even imagine having Trumpists in the family. My heart goes out to you guys who have to live with that. I'd probably cut ties at this point; that's how much these people bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    My family is all over the place. Though we haven't really had political conversations that revolve around specific politicians since Clinton was in office. We just have the common courtesy and class to talk about the issues themselves, if politics ever makes it into a family discussion (which is very seldom). If I had to guess though, my family is mostly left-leaning and some of them hide just how far that goes. For instance, my sister and sister-in-law are teachers and I can see them often wanting to say something nutty but holding back. My sister got involved in RedForEd activities and picked up a lot of positions that she didn't used to have.
    Sounds like she is pretty smart to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know both of my parents voted for Bill Clinton twice and then both of them voted for George W. Bush twice; don't know their politics prior to that. No idea who my mom voted for in 2008 and 2012, and no idea if my dad even voted at all those two elections. In 2016 my mom voted for Clinton, once again, no idea if my dad even voted in 2016. I know my mom votes in every election because she gets an absentee ballot every time, but I have no clue who she votes for for local/state politics or senate/congress.

The only time my older sister has ever mentioned politics was the gubernatorial election last year, she supported the Republican running, and only because the Democrat running was Obama's former head of the CFPB and promised to crack down on the pay day loan industry in Ohio, which she has worked in for a long time. She didn't seem to care about anything else, just voted Republican for no other reason than to keep her job... Don't even know if she has ever voted prior to that.

My younger sister voted for Obama in 2012 and Clinton in 2016; at my urging. And that urging was to get her to vote in general, not to support Democrats... She is extremely politically apathetic and very averse to voting at all, its takes a lot to convince her.

No idea on the politics of my extended family other than that on my dad's side I would assume, if they vote at all, its Republican...

And me personally, I have only ever voted Democrat for national offices in every election since I first became old enough to vote in 2010. In the first few elections I voted in I never bothered voting for state/local offices. In the last few years I have voted for a couple of Republicans for state offices, not particularly because I supported the Republican running so much as I opposed to Democrat running; mostly because they were fringe leftists promising to do activist bullshit way outside the purview of the office they were running for.

10+ Year Old Account
    My family identifies with the Federalist.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    All of my non- immediate family lives in Europe and I'd categorize the most conservative ones as center-left. I cannot even imagine having Trumpists in the family. My heart goes out to you guys who have to live with that. I'd probably cut ties at this point; that's how much these people bother me.
    Very insulting to generalize like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    My extended family is about 1/3rd (R)Trump voters, 1/3rd Democrat, and 1/3rd non-political people who either don't vote or would just vote for the individual they like without knowing any policy. Ironically the younger side voted for Trump. The older family members are more Democrats and my grandparents whine about Fox News, Republicans who might cut their SS/medicare, complain about big business blah blah blah.
    Last edited by PC2; 2019-10-14 at 12:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    everyone in my family is either democrat or independent, with my father being a white nationalist conservative.

My mom was a very strong Republican, of the "Reagan was our savior" variety, up until around Trump. Voted Reagan, George Bush Sr both elections, Bob Dole, George W. Bush. Then, she liked Obama in his first election because she started to diverge from the Republican party when it came to their racial issues, and she liked Obama's optimism, but she ultimately voted for McCain because Palin was a link to the Tea Party (she liked the Tea Party advocating for "giving people on welfare land to work, instead of benefits," which makes me facepalm to this day). She voted for Obama in his second term, mostly because as a lifelong nurse, she greatly disliked the spreading so much dishonesty about Obamacare. Then Trump came, and she, like everyone else with sanity who has remembered Trump since the 80s, turned and ran from the Republican party as fast as she could. They could probably lure her back with a different nominee, though.

My dad, on the other hand, is probably the equivalent of a '50s Southern Democrat. He was for a lot of social issues up through the 80s and 90s, but very racist (especially against blacks and hispanics). He voted for Bush in '88, then voted for Clinton both times, then Gore in 2000, then Bush in '04. Despite his racism, he voted for Obama in 2008, probably because he needed eye surgery and saw the Obama Hope (and healthcare) train as a win (which he did get for one eye after his state expanded medicaid). Then in 2012, when Ted Cruz and friends started really foaming at the mouth about immigrants and border walls, he went hard right. Facebook posts every week about the Republican he was voting for to keep those damn mexicans out. Voted Romney and Trump, and I'm pretty sure has a closet full of MAGA hats.

My brother is a woke independent / RADICAL CENTRIST. That is, he's a conservative who sometimes has enough self-awareness to not vote for the Republican, but he'll never vote anything remotely left, so he bounces between Republican and a wasted Libertarian vote, depending on the candidate. He was strongly anti-Trump, but that hasn't stopped him from the "both sides!" and "well you know maybe we shouldn't have so much immigration because <very questionable study>" and other RADICAL CENTRISM during Thanksgiving dinners.

And literally everyone else in my family is to the left and votes Democrat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm registered as "no party preference." I'm not sure what my parents. My mom might be Democrat but vote Republican and my dad the reverse. My sister is definitely a democrat. My brother is green party.

10+ Year Old Account
    i support the green party.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    50/50 half Democrat half Republican, used to be little more than half Republican but the younger generations are leaning more left and democrat, used to be like 70% Republican and 30% Democrat.

Which pretty much reflects most people I know, some Family who used to be Republican are now Democrats thanks to Trump specifically a few cousins.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

My father supports the fascists, my mother leans social democrat.