Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    they weren't born animals
    Reminder that humans and night elves are animals.

...Actually, now that I think about it, humans aren't animals in WoW's setting. They're the descendants of what are essentially robots converted to flesh via magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Vulpera already have more classes than MG...Horde has more Druids than Alliance even though Night Elves were the original Druids. Be complete BS if Vulpera get Druid.

Alliance should get KT Pallies or Worgen Shaman is this were true...
    Everybody needs more classes. I'm hoping the addition of DKs for everybody means more class combos coming soon.

Particularly:

-Night Elf Paladins

-Draenei anything (Rogue? Warlock? The Rengari can turn invisible, what's the problem?)

-Kul Tiran Paladins

-Worgen and Goblin monks

-Highmountain Paladins? Highmountain can learn it from their cousins

-Lightforged Shaman? They can learn about the elements through their recently reunited Draenei cousins

-Zandalari Warlocks

-Void Elf and Nightborne Demon Hunters

-Mechagnome Shaman? They're part earth, technically

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    I love that OP goes "I heard a rumor in trade chat, here are no sources whatsoever" and your first reaction is "UGH FUCKING BLIZZARD JUST WANTS MONEY" (of course they do, btw, that's kind of how capitalism works).
    The MMO forums in a nutshell, Tolfor.
    The amount of people who are supposedly over WoW/hate WoW, yet continue to spend every day of their lives whining about it here on the forums, never fails to astound me.

Obsession is bad, kids!

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Shaman making deals with the elements probably plays a role in why the elementals don't turn on them as often as they otherwise could... not saying that the story is ideal, but there are much more offensive cases than this. At least some goblin shaman have played a noteworthy role in questchains, somewhere. Maybe classes exist only as an afterthought, but goblin shaman (even if they are a stretch) are not one of those cases.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the connection to nature that makes sense, rather the fact that the hardest part of being a druid (shapeshifting) can be gotten around by being a mechagnome, and the magic can be learned more easily.

It's a stretch, but the concept is interesting enough that it could work if Blizzard wanted to make it possible.
    Note worthy role after the class/race option was in game, they can drop anything they want there. It could be a unicorn that shits bubble gum ice cream, that doesn't mean it would make sense for that to be a player choice also. As I said in another post Blizz has to put game play before lore as a result we end up with holy void elves and various other things that don't make any sense beyond that. Each time they do it though it just chews up that much more lore and riddles the game with holes in the story.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's like saying some members of the group of people that don't ride horses could create a secret group within that supergroup that does ride horses.
    No, they couldn't. They could become people that ride horses but pretend not to, but they wouldn't be people that don't ride horses anymore.

Your belief is misguided because the group is defined as agreeing on that point. Anybody who doesn't isn't part of the group. If a Draenei turns to Fel, he stops being Draenei.
    So give us playable Eredar. /shrug
    The amount of people who are supposedly over WoW/hate WoW, yet continue to spend every day of their lives whining about it here on the forums, never fails to astound me.

Obsession is bad, kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Note worthy role after the class/race option was in game, they can drop anything they want there. It could be a unicorn that shits bubble gum ice cream, that doesn't mean it would make sense for that to be a player choice also. As I said in another post Blizz has to put game play before lore as a result we end up with holy void elves and various other things that don't make any sense beyond that. Each time they do it though it just chews up that much more lore and riddles the game with holes in the story.
    I guess I can understand the issue with holy void elves, but with the exception of holy specced void elves, it isn't really stretching lore. Discipline works because it mixes shadow and holy into healing--I could definitely see a void elf priest going in that direction. But would void prevent them from using holy powers? Would it weaken them? That lore is vague at best, but I'd say that it would not. Void and holy seem fairly interchangable, so they don't really prevent eachother. That said, why would a void elf be a holy priest? That makes little sense, unless they just regret everything and were trying to atone for it. So your point largely stands, but I wanted to touch the topic since I've heard it before and it interested me.

Either way, I feel like with lore, the damage can be manageable. You can destroy a story or you could risk a few plot holes that are relatively safely ignored. With goblin shaman, I don't know. I mean the lore is there, it just feels odd all things considered. If we're talking about druid mechagnomes, don't worry... I know they aren't going to happen. It's just a rare case where I wouldn't mind seeing lore stretched to have them playable, even though it makes little sense. The lore breaker there wouldn't be their existence, but of druid order hall forms.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    I forgot about Tauren too.
    Baine did as well

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Transformer mechagnome druids would make more sense compared to vulpera druids.
    Oooh I’d play that.

But I doubt we’d see Vulpera Druids if they were coming they’d have been announced during the presentation. While I remember the Kul Tiran Mage situation implementing Druids is far more difficult than most other classes.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles