Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Predictions for blizzcon

It's not far off, and this isn't really a thread talking about the game and content coming to blizzcon this year.
    I'm more curious about what peoples thought are on what's going to happen there given all the current event. Will there be protests outside, will people be rushing stages to protest, will people just not show up making it a lackluster event?

Thoughts?

Q&A might be closed, but I doubt it. I'm also curious on how many #boycottBlizzard people are going there since I think many of them will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Will there be protests outside, will people be rushing stages to protest, will people just not show up making it a lackluster event?
    The guy has already got prize money back, why do you expect protests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not buying the digital ticket this year, nothing interesting on the horizon. Blizzard appears to be fading out wouldn't surprise me due to lack of content they start promoting activision games on that platform like CoD at one point.

I dont think there will be much disorder... There are others more importants matters than that. Others company have done worse and they need some protest too.

10+ Year Old Account
    You kidding?

Most people are more on edge about what goodies come out of Blizzcon than some political controversy.

Q&A session gone or changed to require pre-screening. I doubt the protests will amount to much.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Massive amounts of Mei cosplay.

I doubt there will be much protesting. Most of the people that attend Blizzcon are fans no matter what. It’s kind of like how you usually don’t see republicans at a democratic convention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    This year's Blizzcon is going to be ruined by idiots looking for their 5min of fame...
    Or... OR 5min of Democracy praising ruined by Blizzard idiots looking to profit from China.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The guy has already got prize money back, why do you expect protests?
    Because this should be a very expensive lesson that Blizzard will learn, much like Diablo Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    This needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    It's the best alternative to Winnie the Pooh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for ppl on front rows suddenly changing to "Free HK" shirts, maybe we will get a "sudden" broadcast break due to "technical issues"
    QA panel most likely not gonna happen, cosplay event cancelled maybe.
    Will be the first BlizzCon i didt not attend via virtual ticket since the start.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Business is business never liked fence sitting cowards of any ilk, however it wouldn't sway me one way or another this time because I don't have a dog in the fight.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Nothing. Some people might have pro-HK signs, or shirts, or cosplay. Some people might ask smart-ass questions if they get a mic put in front of them. But I doubt most people are going to want to waste the hundreds of dollars they spent getting there just to get thrown out.

I'm hoping for Diablo 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Q&A session gone or changed to require pre-screening. I doubt the protests will amount to much.
    They already do pre-screening of which questions they will ask... problem is there is no way to predict what any person actually says when at the mic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They already do pre-screening of which questions they will ask... problem is there is no way to predict what any person actually says when at the mic.
    I predict just someone pretending to have a set of ready prepared questions, just for them to ask 'so do you value China's wealth over integrity?' just for them to order the mic taken away and pretend they didn't hear the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mei cosplay banned.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Q&A will probably be audience-free like they did that one time with Jessie Cox(?). If I’m remembering that wrong please correct me. Other than that probably protest signs in the audience and some booing at certain stuff.

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread has been moved to General Off-Topic: Politics, since discussion centers around the recent controversy with Hong Kong and China.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."