Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Romarii View Post
    Why is our federal deficit raising every year when our economy is doing great? This makes no sense to keep borrowing at these levels?
    So the Democrats in congress have nothing to do with it? Damn, my civics teacher lied to me!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    So the Democrats in congress have nothing to do with it? Damn, my civics teacher lied to me!
    Not when they didn't vote for the tax cuts. Which we know is contributing the most to the deficit explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Not when they didn't vote for the tax cuts. Which we know is contributing the most to the deficit explosion.
    He said spending, he didn't say tax cuts, not sure if you are aware those are two different things.

He said spending, he didn't say tax cuts, not sure if you are aware those are two different things.
    Except that all of the spending, has primarily been Republican bills for the last 2 years. The Democrats haven't even been in power for a year in the House. They got sworn in, in January, only have had control for what? 9 months? So, no, Democrats still don't have hardly anything to do with the deficits. Especially since literally almost nothing that the Democrats have passed in the House, have even been considered for a vote by Moscow Mitch.

So, no, you are still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You do know the “halcyon days of America’s past” that republicans fawn over, the 1950s and 1960s, had tax rates as high as 90% for top earners, right?
    Someone is intent on proving how much he doesn't know. He really is on a roll. The best economic times and growth for the working class came when corporate and top marginal tax rates were at their highest rates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Well 90% corporate taxes in the 50s and 60s led to an economy where 1 person without a college education could afford a house and spouse and 4 children.

There may be other examples where high taxes led to good economic results, but this is one that popped off the top of my head.
    Stop interjecting historical facts with conservative feels and talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Except that all of the spending, has primarily been Republican bills for the last 2 years. The Democrats haven't even been in power for a year in the House. They got sworn in, in January, only have had control for what? 9 months? So, no, Democrats still don't have hardly anything to do with the deficits. Especially since literally almost nothing that the Democrats have passed in the House, have even been considered for a vote by Moscow Mitch.

So, no, you are still wrong.
    Yeah republicans don't need democrat approval for spending

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why would anyone take you seriously when you make ridiculous claims like Trump's tax cuts getting the economy out of a "stagnant" position? Fucking lol, you couldn't have made it more clear to anyone that you're just making shit up and have no idea what you're talking about.
    Republicans still want to believe trickle down, and the laffer curve are real. Or, at least pretend to everyone, while they benefit from the fact that they know they're not.

Trump signed it, why do you refuse to condemn him?

You realize spending and tax cuts both factor into the annual deficit...right? So if Republicans cut revenues and spending doesn't decrease alongside it, deficits will go up. That's not the fault of Democrats, but the fault of those who cut the revenue - Republicans.

Yeah republicans don't need democrat approval for spending
    Between January 2017 and January 2019, they didn't need Democrat's approval for anything. They owned all three branches of the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You realize spending and tax cuts both factor into the annual deficit...right? So if Republicans cut revenues and spending doesn't decrease alongside it, deficits will go up. That's not the fault of Democrats, but the fault of those who cut the revenue - Republicans.
    You realize he said spending and not tax cuts right? I wasn't wrong to point out he an anyone who agrees with him is ignorant on how the Government works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Between January 2017 and January 2019, they didn't need Democrat's approval for anything. They owned all three branches of the government.
    So you failed civics? They didn't have 60%

You realize he said spending and not tax cuts right? I wasn't wrong to point out he an anyone who agrees with him is ignorant on how the Government works.

- - - Updated - - -

Do not need 60% in Congress. Only in Senate. McConnel used the "Budget Reconciliation" procedure to get around the 60% requirement in Senate.

Butbutbut the demmycrats!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, zenkai accuses people of failing civics while failing civics. As Ras put it:

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Do not need 60% in Congress. Only in Senate. McConnel used the "Budget Reconciliation" procedure to get around the 60% requirement in Senate.
    I'd say this is a highlight in your long career of self-humiliation, but we all know it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.