Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Can't wait for you to find out that Vulpera use the goblin skeleton and goblin animations

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The name "shaldorei" doesn't mean anything. That's just their language.

You know how rich people are generally more attractive than poor people? Think celebrities and whatnot. Same sorta thing applies. Nightborne are just the rich night elves.
    No, they are not night elves. Not anymore. Saying Shaldorei are just night elves is like saying Sindorei are just night elves as well.

Also, let me refresh your memory (timestamp 0:56):

he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Vulpera are literally Goblins in fur suits.

agree with the OP.. give alliance turtles plz!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Oholyknight View Post
    Can't wait for you to find out that Vulpera use the goblin skeleton and goblin animations
    Can't wait for you to find out how reading comprehension works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's not what he means, as you can see below here.

they're NOT night elves. they're shaldorei, a new breed of elf, separate from night elf, just like blood elf is separate from night elf.
    They're literally crackhead night elves. What are you talking about? They're not a new breed; they're simply night elves who shut themselves off from civilization and because crackheads from magic addiction just like blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    They're literally crackhead night elves. What are you talking about? They're not a new breed; they're simply night elves who shut themselves off from civilization and because crackheads from magic addiction just like blood elves.
    no dont lie they are evolved trolls sry thats the lore

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't get why people love Allied Races so much. They're incredibly low effort with little to no customization. I'd rather see new options for existing races.
    Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei and Highmountain Tauren are, I agree, but Kul'tirans, Zandalari and Vulpera obviously took a lot more work than slapping on tattoos. They could be considered brand new races, and not simply allied due to how well done and how much work they took. Nightborne and Dark Irons also, while obviously easy to implement, are so distinct lore-wise and visually that those I feel also required a respectable amount of time to add.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Vulpera are literally Goblins in fur suits.
    Like the new Wendigo pajamas? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    So far all of the Allied Races have been "subspecies" of the current races in WoW. Most of these have been minor reskins of existing races, which is fine since Allied Races were advertised more as unlockable cosmetics to add some NG+ value.

However, Vulpera seem to change that. They are an entirely new race added to the game, and the only thing they have in common with their counterpart race is that they are a small race. But Vulpera are in no way a subspecies or different tribe of goblin.
    As the only completely new, unique race of BfA, this puts an imbalance between the Horde and Alliance. So, I'm thinking this implies that the last two AR reveals will include a completely new race for the Alliance side. This leads me to believe that Lightforged UD will be for the Horde (not Alliance as many were predicting), and the Worgen's counterpart race will be something completely new. Sethrak might be on the table but make little sense to me as Alliance has very limited interaction with them. Ankoan/Jinyu would probably make the most sense... but then again Gilgoblins didn't make the Horde cut.

At any rate, it seems the last AR for Alliance is still the biggest mystery of BfA.[/QUOTE]

I mean that was the assumption of some, on the other hand, many believed AR wouldn't strictly be "subraces" since the naming itself already sounded more expansive. So When Vulpera showed up, they seemed like a natural fit for those parameters: Reusing a model while being a new race, the other side of reusing a race with with a different model (Nigthborne, Zandalari, and mostly, Kul Tiran)

For a lot of people AR felt possible as long as they reused a Race or a Model -assets in general, which would make then ineligible as a new Core Race- and Vulpera confirm that.

There's no "hard cap" for how many Allied Races they'll add so IDK if we should ever believe there will be no more AR until explicitly stated, and even so. You can't forget AR seem to be the way they are expanding into character customization without modifying in depth their system.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    They're 'subspecies' so they can just reuse a rig, basically just a skin change, the vulpera are no different because they're essentially goblins.
    Kul Tirans don't.

And Vulpera aren't a goblin subspecies. They're not related. So we've got an example of an AR not using the "parent" races rig, and one of it not being in any way related.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Biggest disappointment in WoWs history.. Why not make them look like the npc nightborne? Hello! You already made a model blizzard, and it was perfect! And you changed it? WHY!? WHYYYYYYY?

It's for me the weirdest change they ever did in this game. Loved the Nightborne and Suramar, just to see it ruined. I got a warrior, with heritage(which is awesome) but it could be so much more awesome if they looked the part as well!

I bet they changed it so much because Alliance players got shafted when it came to the faction choice they made for them, so they wouldn't give the horde players the best version of it. My little theory. Must be true. Can't see any other option for why they would go out of their way to give us a new nightborne model when we already had a super duper one already. Come on!!
    I strongly believe that the actual "HORDE Nightborne" that we were supposed to get, actually were the Nightfallen, the withered versions, instead of an "Arcandor restored Nightborne" thats why the 2 look diferents, maybe they change it in the last process of creation. Because even if Tyrande was a b*** to the nightfallen, doesnt mean all the nightborne of suramar could go and say YAH we Horde now.
    At least i treat my Nightborne as a Nightfallen instead of a restored arcandor nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    I strongly believe that the actual "HORDE Nightborne" that we were supposed to get, actually were the Nightfallen, the withered versions, instead of an "Arcandor restored Nightborne" thats why the 2 look diferents, maybe they change it in the last process of creation. Because even if Tyrande was a b*** to the nightfallen, doesnt mean all the nightborne of suramar could go and say YAH we Horde now.
    At least i treat my Nightborne as a Nightfallen instead of a restored arcandor nightborne.
    Yes, the way the fixed that is just as much of an asspull like Void Elves. Unfortunately, the story do suffer because of gameplay, and vica versa. And that is fine, just let me be clear on that. I just can't believe to this day why they changed it so much, because the difference is significant. Nightborne as a group was so interesting and good, the questline was very good, the lore is good, the look is awesome, but then they made the excuse for them to go horde, okay, but then they just destroyed everything when they gave us that new model, for some reason!!

Maybe I should send in a question for they Q&A @blizzcon, because this do bother me everytime the discussion is up or when I log my Night Elf, I mean Nightborne Warrior in game.