Thread: Thura

10+ Year Old Account

Thura

With most of the Saurfang line dead.

Broxigar (War of the Ancients to Sargeras)
    Varok (Orgrimmar to Sylvanas)
    Dranosh (Wrathgate to the Lich King)

One member of their line is still out there somewhere. Thura, cousin of Drannosh and niece to Varok and Broxigar.

She has only appeared in the book Wolfheart and has been seen in the game files but never truly added to the game. Any chance she'll make some in game return soon?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She will appear. And she will yell: "I AM SADNESS INCARNATE!!!"

She will be the saddest orc to ever sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    She will appear. And she will yell: "I AM SADNESS INCARNATE!!!"

She will be the saddest orc to ever sad.
    Hm, maybe for now, don't underestimate Human Potential, High King will be "The Saddest One" in the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Correction Thura only appeared in the novel ''Stormrage'', and indeed would like to see her again, she and Brox were the only Orcs I ever cared about. She is also an important figure that could settle some of Night Elf/Horde disputes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpch View Post
    Correction Thura only appeared in the novel ''Stormrage'', and indeed would like to see her again, she and Brox were the only Orcs I ever cared about. She is also an important figure that could settle some of Night Elf/Horde disputes.
    I get those books so confused sometimes lol.

I hope Knaak trash stays out of the game. I am glad that Blizzard dismissed the dumpsterfire that was Stormrage in Legion, but saddened that Broxigar is a canonical thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I hope Knaak trash stays out of the game. I am glad that Blizzard dismissed the dumpsterfire that was Stormrage in Legion, but saddened that Broxigar is a canonical thing.
    Sometimes I wonder what Warcraft would have been if he didn’t infest it with his all powerful demigods...

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Sometimes I wonder what Warcraft would have been if he didn’t infest it with his all powerful demigods...
    Stop, you’re hurting my heart. Knaak has done irreparable damage to the franchise.

If they want Thura to be anything other than sad, then the devs should have her exorcise the demons of a hundred bad ideas possessing the lore. Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Knaak trash stays out of the game. I am glad that Blizzard dismissed the dumpster fire that was Stormrage in Legion, but saddened that Broxigar is a canonical thing.
    I agree I never liked Knaak as a writer myself, there have been literal essays of why I am not a fan of his work on this forum. From his constant use of 'orbs' to describe eyes, his butchering of the actual events of the War of the Ancients that booked sucked so hard, also writing Broxigar like he was the Hulk "Me smash puny night elves".

But playing devils advocate I never hated Rhonin as much as most, and Knaak does write dragons very well, when he isn't writing them badly with his horrible writing style. Day or the Dragon and Night of the Dragon are his best books because they keep him away from actual heroes written by other people better than he is. :P

But it remains Thura is in the lore if we like it or not. Blizzard even had her in the game files during Legion, so Blizzard acknowledges her. Unlike Me'dan who people still think was a Knaak creation, he was actually written and created by Walter Simonson for the comic series which fell overboard after the first two volumes.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Odd, there was just another thread about her the other day - hm. That said; she's a nobody, a terrible Knaak character from an even worse book. So ignore her, ignore Lucan Foxblood and keep on ignoring Med'an.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

You're saying you don't want to see Lucan Foxblood bring human potential to druidism? What's this heresy?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Odd, there was just another thread about her the other day - hm. That said; she's a nobody, a terrible Knaak character from an even worse book. So ignore her, ignore Lucan Foxblood and keep on ignoring Med'an.
    What has poor Lucan ever done to you other than be awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    [/B]
    You're saying you don't want to see Lucan Foxblood bring human potential to druidism? What's this heresy?

I didn't even know this character existed. But a quick browse of his wowpedia article is vomit inducing

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    [/B]

Ah yes, I can see it now. Surely, we must all bow down before the half-pixie cartographer!

I really don't need another sad orc. And i also don't enjoy female characters who act extremely manly in a stupid, feminist way either. Yikes. So, please keep her away. Aside from that, the Orcs definitely need some proper male characters who show some major toxic masculinity. Characters like Thrall and Eitrigg don't count at all. Hell, Geya'rah as more toxic masculinity than those two combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    oh my god I completely forgot about that guy.. what a forgettable character he was lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    I really don't need another sad orc. And i also don't enjoy female characters who act extremely manly in a stupid, feminist way either. Yikes. So, please keep her away. Aside from that, the Orcs definitely need some proper male characters who show some major toxic masculinity. Characters like Thrall and Eitrigg don't count at all. Hell, Geya'rah as more toxic masculinity than those two combined.
    yeah, keep the tumblr sjw point of view away from the lore please, we don't need progressives throwing in 'toxic behavior' as labels for characters here now.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    oh my god I completely forgot about that guy.. what a forgettable character he was lol.
    I'd go with "utterly terrible" but "forgettable" works too

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    how should an orc female act?

Isn't one thread about her enough? Personally I feel like Varok should be the last Saurfang, not because he was bad but just because bringing in a little-known relative of his now after his death which as the supposed end of the "cycle of hatred" between factions.. it feels like trying to water down his legacy and prop up a new character with just a familiar name.. especially when 90% of players only know Varok Saurfang as "Saurfang".