Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I don’t know, because not a single person here before me indicated that Arthas was strengthened by Ner'zhul and were mainly based on a game clip from the 2002 game?
    Comparing them based on games that are limited by the engine is even more difficult.
    The only lore I acknowledge from a game is game lore.

The books are just cash cows and not canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    The only lore I acknowledge from a game is game lore.

The books are just cash cows and not canon.
    Good boy, belive this stupidity further

Book lore is like wow lore and twitter lore: shit lore.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2019-10-15 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I think 7.3 retconned demon regeneration. Without Argus demons can't regenerate?
    Argus let them regenerate faster.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Why do you say this?
    because many posts are so biased towards one side its crazy, when that book gives a pretty accurate view of things. but then again we have posts like the one below me harping about the books not being canon when a major foundation for this current expac was started in a book. ppl just tunnel vision lol.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Anyway, in the book it's explained that the Lich King didn't only restored his powers... he empowered him. He was stronger than he was just as a Death Knight
    then why did Arthas go iceblock for 8 years -.- ?
    don't get me wrong, u are right and i was wrong about Arthas being at weak status (I seriously thought so, meh wc3 very limited representation i guess), i'm asking why then did Arthas go meditate for 8 years if he was already very powerful ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    a little aside from the topic dont want to derail but just want to say that specific "iceblock for 5 to 8 years for lich king" is in the process of retconning or fleshing out very soon i would think.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

It seems like the only defence people have for Illidan is that Arthas was empowered by the Lich King when he defeated him... but correct me if I’m wrong, doesn’t the poll say Illidan vs Arthas Lich king??

We have already seen how it ends

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    It seems like the only defence people have for Illidan is that Arthas was empowered by the Lich King when he defeated him... but correct me if I’m wrong, doesn’t the poll say Illidan vs Arthas Lich king??

Yes, Illidan beat him with ease and lost because of his self-confidence

I think 7.3 retconned demon regeneration. Without Argus demons can't regenerate?
    Nah fam, the retcon just means demons regenerate WAY slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Yes, Illidan beat him with ease and lost because of his self-confidence
    He beat Deathknight Arthas with ease (who was weakened by Sylvanas’s poison at the time), he did not beat the lich king

He beat Deathknight Arthas with ease (who was weakened by Sylvanas’s poison at the time), he did not beat the lich king
    LOL what? Sylvanas's poison? Did you even go through Warcraft 3 or just randomly choose missions and not really read the dialogs?
    And I advise you to read the previous posts (it's so difficult). Arthas was not weakened. He was stronger than ever before.

Legion FP Illidan > TFT Illidan

No, there was a phrase somewhere that Argus sped it up. Since the regeneration was happening long before Sargeras found Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    don't get me wrong, u are right and i was wrong about Arthas being at weak status (I seriously thought so, meh wc3 very limited representation i guess), i'm asking why then did Arthas go meditate for 8 years if he was already very powerful ?
    Probably to digest the visions of previous owners of the Lich King mantle, his fusion with Ner'zhul, then beating him in his mind.

I honestly rate Legion Illidan and pre Legion Illidan on the same level.

LOL what? Sylvanas's poison? Did you even go through Warcraft 3 or just randomly choose missions and not really read the dialogs?
    And I advise you to read the previous posts (it's so difficult). Arthas was not weakened. He was stronger than ever before.

... Did you play WC3? Arthas and the LK were losing their power as the Frozen Throne was being destroyed via the Eye of Sargeras. Arthas was not at full strength. Even with Ner'zhul giving him his spirit strength.

Anyway, these are crazy comparisons.

1) Lei Shen: Literally enslaved Ra-den. An Aesir titanic watcher created by the titan Khaz'goroth and empowered by Aman'Thul. Lei Shen not only enslaved him, but was able to steal and wield his power. Pretty impressive shit for a mortal. No one holds a candle to this character. Not to mention he also controlled the Engine of Nalak'sha. Reversing the curse of flesh. Which removes the Lich Kings greatest power from the equation. Resurrecting the fallen to his side.

2) LK Arthas: Powerful and controls the Undead

3) Illidan's power spikes have been outrageous. He became more powerful for Legion / Legion lore. But back in the day his arrogance was ridiculous. And his only real call to fame is how quickly he would fuck anyone over for a chance at more power.

4) Grom - While his strength his legendary. Grom is just a mortal Orc
    Last edited by Potatowizard; 2019-10-17 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I honestly rate Legion Illidan and pre Legion Illidan on the same level.
    Agreed, nowhere is it said he's had any other power up since Skull of Gul'dan in Warcraft III. He probably grew stronger, but nothing ridiculously more than what he was at in Black Temple. He was always a formidable foe, but pitted against God-like beings like The Lich King and The Thunder King, and he's left in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    ... Did you play WC3? Arthas and the LK were losing their power as the Frozen Throne was being destroyed via the Eye of Sargeras. Arthas was not at full strength. Even with Ner'zhul giving him his spirit strength.

Anyway, these are crazy comparisons.

1) Lei Shen: Literally enslaved Ra-den. An Aesir titanic watcher created by the titan Khaz'goroth and empowered by Aman'Thul. Lei Shen not only enslaved him, but was able to steal and wield his power. Pretty impressive shit for a mortal. No one holds a candle to this character. Not to mention he also controlled the Engine of Nalak'sha. Reversing the curse of flesh. Which removes the Lich Kings greatest power from the equation. Resurrecting the fallen to his side.

2) LK Arthas: Powerful and controls the Undead

3) Illidan's power spikes have been outrageous. He became more powerful for Legion / Legion lore. But back in the day his arrogance was ridiculous. And his only real call to fame is how quickly he would fuck anyone over for a chance at more power.

4) Grom - While his strength his legendary. Grom is just a mortal Orc
    Is it so hard to read previous posts? I will omit the fact that your only source is WC3, not the book and the Chronicles, but even WC3 mentioned that the Lich King restored Arthas's power: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51716357
    Even in the last mission, Arthas stops losing levels. Maybe you did not play WC3?
    Just a mortal orc defeated Cenarius

Is it so hard to read previous posts? I will omit the fact that your only source is WC3, not the book and the Chronicles, but even WC3 mentioned that the Lich King restored Arthas's power: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51716357
    Even in the last mission, Arthas stops losing levels. Maybe you did not play WC3?
    Just a mortal orc defeated Cenarius
    You had played wc3 you would have known that even without any powers Arthas was a badass. There's a reason why he was chosen by the Lich King.
    Concerning WoW lore, powerlvl are based on a character popularity. There's no doubt that Illidan beats Arthas according to WoW.