Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't really think we'll see a Worgen allied race. I don't think Blizz has specifically set out to make one for each. I mean, if they are, then it would probably be Drakonid for the Horde and a bear race for the Alliance. Probably that Furbolg progenitor race.

Like I said though, I doubt they'll do a Worgen Allied Race. My guess for the next part are Mogu to join their fellow Titanforged races on the Alliance, and Ogres for Horde. As Ogres are a stonebound race too, and would be a nice Horde equivalent of the Bulky Kul Tirans, who were originally planned for much later. Would also explain Rexxar's place in BfA.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well Vulpera are Goblin + worguen together (gob skel/ worguen animations) so i suspect that a "Worguen skel race" for alliance could not be happening.
    Instead, Alliance could get the other skeleton that Blizzard owe. The Undead/thin human one.

There's another skeleton that its not being use, and that one its the Tauren one... that only a Fulborg "could work" winx winx

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I don't really think we'll see a Worgen allied race. I don't think Blizz has specifically set out to make one for each. I mean, if they are, then it would probably be Drakonid for the Horde and a bear race for the Alliance. Probably that Furbolg progenitor race.

Like I said though, I doubt they'll do a Worgen Allied Race. My guess for the next part are Mogu to join their fellow Titanforged races on the Alliance, and Ogres for Horde. As Ogres are a stonebound race too, and would be a nice Horde equivalent of the Bulky Kul Tirans, who were originally planned for much later. Would also explain Rexxar's place in BfA.
    If they do Ogres, I'd rather see High Arakkoa for the Alliance with them.
    Either being zealous buddies of Yrel's Lightforged, or escapees.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    There's another skeleton that its not being use, and that one its the Tauren one... that only a Fulborg "could work" winx winx
    You do know the Highmountain exist right?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

3+ Year Old Account
    Dragonmen please! Preferably with a more eloquent name. Dragon Isles is the perfect opportunity for Alliance and Horde to discover a lost dragonkin subspecies. They would be a hardened race that is familiar with the Void, and the Light by affiliation. They've been struggling on the Dragon Isles all this time against the forces of the Old Gods, when nearly all other dragonkin have long since been corrupted. Could be 5 "mini races" in one allied race, one for each dragonflight with different customization options. They don't have to go too crazy, just palette swaps basically. :]

If we're going back to northrend they could do vrykul for alliance and lf undead for horde, but too many human subraces to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    My main issue with the Saberron is that it was like... 3 of them. Unless they pull of a "not to scale" thing and actually way more came through, all the Saberon on Azeroth currently are going to be inbred. Botani at least escape that because they reproduce by growing more from corpses.
    Nothing is to scale in wow. Most of the races would not be able to have a stable population otherwise.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You do know the Highmountain exist right?
    yeah my bad xD i thought Pandaren but Tauren crossed my mind in that moment. ahhahaahah Still, i go with the Undead skel for the next AR for the Ally.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    My main issue with the Saberron is that it was like... 3 of them. Unless they pull of a "not to scale" thing and actually way more came through, all the Saberon on Azeroth currently are going to be inbred. Botani at least escape that because they reproduce by growing more from corpses.
    It doesn't have to make 100% sense. Mag'har Orcs don't make a ton of sense to me but I still like them so I'll accept fun over logic sometimes.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

My god, its incredible how many people try to shove ogres down our throats with 0 context whenever allied races are brought up. Ogres have absolutely nothing to do with this expansion and probably the next. They are a fat moronic race that will have like 0,5% of the playerbase at most. Oh wait, yay, kul tiran has 0,4%, so im probably right. Sure, i get that all 5 of you want to be represented in the horde, but at least wait till its at least marginally possible to voice your desire. Cant fit an ogre into an undead or worgen skeleton, there are no reps or quests or anything leading to ogres, try again later maybe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    People have speculated Saberon, but we have literally zero information from Blizzard.
    If I was forced to put money down I would think Saberon. Not confident at all though, haha. I would rather Sethrak, but if it came down to the two I would say Saberon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    really doesn't so suspect they won't. However void elves were literally pulled out a developers back end and made canon, so they might do the same with the worgen alternative.
    That’s fine, but a lot of people over the last year have guessed Vulpera Horde and Sethrak Alliance, which just makes no sense as Alli have nothing to do with them at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    We're actually missing a couple of good races as allied races.

Furbolgs for alliance.

Satyrs for horde.

Night Elf Worgen for Alliance (felwood /ashenvale Worgen)

San'layn for Horde.

Broken/lost ones for alliance/horde.

Arakkoa or their corrupted cousins.

Tauntka or Yaungol for horde

Wildhammers for alliance

The list goes on and on.

So allied races are just basically an alternative to pre existing main races

orcs - mag'har
    humans - kul tiran
    night elves - void elves
    tauren - highmountain
    draenei - lightforged
    blood elves - nightborne
    darkspear trolls - zandalari
    dwarves - dark iron

And we're getting

goblins - vulpera
    gnomes - mekkagnomes

Now I believe their going to do some dark ranger rubbish with the forsaken. (though I would have loved vrykul)

However worgen are kind of a mystery. I can't think of another race that might work as their alternatives?

Maybe Saurok, though they just seemed like really a one time thing, manufactured and without much intelligence.
    Saberon maybe, but again, same as the saurok, doesn't seem like a very advanced race, and probably already been consumed or killed off by light bound draenei.
    My prediction is either:

1) Ankoan/Jinyu tied the reputations already in the game, both the Ankoan and Pearlfin Jinyu achievements.

2) A new cat race, similar to Saberon, but tied to the new Uldum Accord rep coming in the next patch.

If they do the worgen skeleton as an allied race, and I think they should, I see it going one of three ways:

-Sethrak (female worgen skeleton)
    -Saberon (could use both male and female skeletons), they arrived into our timeline with the Mag'har, along with the Botani
    -The Mogu (females use female worgen skeleton), reappearing somehow in 8.3

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    My prediction is either:

1) Ankoan/Jinyu tied the reputations already in the game, both the Ankoan and Pearlfin Jinyu achievements.

2) A new cat race, similar to Saberon, but tied to the new Uldum Accord rep coming in the next patch.
    Some cats tribes did live in a desert environment so i can see it happen.

I would love an Ankoan combat rogue.

I don't like saying "goblins - vulpera". They share skeleton models but have very little in common otherwise IMO. The other examples all have some real cultural/lore overlap.

I feel like I am the only one who finds it RETARDED to add every single race that we came across all this long journry as "allied race". Like.... wtf?! It would be 10x more logical to have Jinyu and Hozen rather than...... hmm... vulpera and void elves. Just saying.
    And also... some "allied races" should rather be INCLUDED within "original race" just with extra customization (e.g. extra skin options for Orcs/mh orcs, dwarfs/di dwars, taurens/hm taurens....) etc, etc....
    I disagree on the idea of allied race being just extra customisation. Having new starting hub (Suramar, BRD, Thunder totem) is cool, like having new racial.
    Sure it's not a lot, but it's still nice to have some variation

About next allied race. It's hard to see a pattern.
    It's not always related to a core race or to a core race rigs.
    Still, it's always related to a reputation.

Rajani Mogu in 8.3 give me hope for Horde Mogu (Draenei rig for male and worgen for female)

Ankoan seem the only logical choice for Alliance to me

Both will need rework on their model to become playable.

As for Sethrak, they will probably stay as friendly NPC in future quest when Vulpera are involved and blizzard want to show them. They will not be affiliated with Horde, but like Drogbar will be allied to a horde race

However void elves were literally pulled out a developers back end and made canon, so they might do the same with the worgen alternative.
    Thats how all lore starts up, ya'know. Someone just invents it. Its all made up.

Saberon scream Horde to me. Yes, they hate Orcs, especially the Mag'har, but their whole race, culture, behaviour just doesn't fit the Alliance at all in my opinion. They're more savage than Orcs and Ogre, humanoids are a part of their normal diet, i just can't see it. I think the chances for peace between Saberon and Mag'har are higher compared to Saberon joining the Alliance.

If the Alliance would get a cat race, in my eyes it has to be a much more noble, more advanced kind of cat people, based on Lions preferably in my opinion. I mean, all that Lion symbolic in Stormwind has to have some origin somewhere in the past and i think it would be a good chance for Blizzard to introduce a new race for the Alliance which is more fitting, unique and impressive. Over fantasy worlds have these kind of Lion humanoids already. Not that i dislike Saberon, i like them, but as i said, they fit the Alliance as well as Trolls or Ogre would.

In my opinion the Botani would fit the Alliance much more compared to the Saberon. They could be recruited by the Night Elves in my opinion.

And aside from all that, who says that the Kul Tirans were not brought into the Alliance by the Worgen and are thus considered the Worgen Allied Race? I mean, it was Genn himself, the leader of the Gilnean Worgen, who was constantly present in Kul Tiras and as far as i know the highest representative of the Alliance there. He had constant contact with Catherine as well. So i think the Worgen Allied Race is already done, while the Stormwind Humans have not recruited anyone yet into the Alliance.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2019-10-15 at 07:57 AM.