Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    The Alliance help the Sethrak get the second stone, on Alliance side. They don't deal with the first or third stone at all. On Horde, you just kind of go out and kill someone for the second stone instead of having a longer quest about it (I'm not sure why they have conflicting stories for returning that stone). Horde get more interaction with them, but Alliance have some (far more than they had with the Uldir raid).

- - - Updated - - -

I think satyr and yaungol don't make a lot of sense given that they're virtually all antagonistic, and the few that do help usually betray the character. Also, aren't all the san'layn dead?

- - - Updated - - -

Something akin to the tol'vir?
    Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. Very little questing on Alli side.

I think Horde will get the "lightforged undead" and Alliance will get the new Ra-Den aligned Mogu.
    They're not based on the Worgen model, but they fill the same niche of a tall, more bestial race.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I think Horde will get the "lightforged undead" and Alliance will get the new Ra-Den aligned Mogu.
    They're not based on the Worgen model, but they fill the same niche of a tall, more bestial race.
    Thats not really how it works bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Void elves came out of nowhere.
    Technically Argus introduced Alleria and her void teachings in the prior patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still worgen but made from night elves.

Maybe there just is not going to be an "alternative" to worgen as an allied race. After all the only people that feel there needs to be one are forum speculators.

For alliance why not furbolgs? The lore always stated that furbolgs were night elfs friends and such so let them start at night elfs new starting zone in Nordrassil since tyrande is operating the night elfs from there. Also the night elfs and furbolgs have worked together in the past during war of the ancients. The race could be introduced where they could have some contribution to the night elfs defenses but thats it, since they arent exactly very smart and are in low numbers.

As for classes for them, well choose classes where they dont have to be that smart. So basically:
    Warriors
    Shaman
    Priest
    Hunters

For the lack of classes blizzard could give them nice passive. Remember when furbolgs get really mad when they almost die, well they could use a berserk kind of a thing where they increase their haste and dmg by 15% when at 15% life for 15 seconds. Ofcourse this doesnt work in pve situations where you can basically make sure that you stay at 15%.

Hmm what more, give them a well rested bonus but they dont have to log out in a inn. The maxiumum of well rested bonus outside could be well 20-30 ish.
    Last edited by Talrath; 2019-10-15 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    Well..what about pandarens then?
    Tortollans

For Worgen... why not Night Elf Worgen the were previously trapped in the Emerald Nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

7+ Year Old Account
    They should add Gilneans. Just humans but with a Gilnean voice over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    Well..what about pandarens then?
    Tortollans would make sense as they had a very similar role to Pandarens back in MoP.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I feel like at this point there's either not going to be one or it's gonna be another race they randomly make up last minute.

Sethrak are the only thing that really make any logical sense within the context of BFA, but they don't really seem like they're being prepared for player models the way Vulpera were. Saberons and Saurok aren't either, and they aren't even involved in BFA.

AAAaaaactually, at the beginning of BfA, datamining showed that Sethrak and Vulpera BOTH had a few subsets of animations normally only found in playable characters, most notably the animations involved with interacting with the Heart of Azeroth. That is why those two races have been all but assured as allied races all along.

Sethrak might need some love in the geomapping of gear department, but they fit the bill in terms of racial personality. Alliance shoo-ins, and they even kind of feel like Worgen, part animal, kicked out of their homeland...

Oops, did I say kicked out of their homeland? I think 8.3.5 or later will involved a questline where Bwonsamdi starts collecting more Loa souls, he was pretty eager to get ahold of Rezan, and hints at being interested in others.

The remaining loa of the Zandalari are too pivotal in their culture for Bwon to take a stab at them, not when there's two others that are much more tempting targets. Bwonsamdi will probably pressure Talanji, or outright force her, to make a move for the two Loa who are closest to 'death', Sethraliss who had 'died' fighting Mythrax, yet her soul managed to come back around to do absolutely jack shit for this whole xpac after we saved her. Instead, Bwonsamdi was the one helping us push back the minions of G'huun. Another Loa 'died' fighting G'huun's boys, Torga!

That's two loa served by non-Zandalari races who died fighting Bwonsamdi's enemies. Bwon actually asked Talanji outright to pay him with a loa's soul in order to pay for just a simple conversation with the dead Torga, that dude is THIRSTY for dead loa and it's painfully obvious.

Bwon will try to pressure Talanji into this again, but with his new choke hold on her soul, life and death, he will succeed in breaking the forming alliance between the Devoted and the Horde, maybe even by inspiring the Vulpera, who are still embittered by their subjugation at the hands of the Faithless, to retake Vol'dun as their own, sending the Sethrak to find a new home elsewhere (like the Worgen), which the Alliance will secure for them, along with their allegiance.

That leaves Torga, I can't say with any confidence how this will shake down, but it's pretty likely that the same storyline will involve the Tortollans mourning the loss of Torga by seeking out the next best turtle loa candidate, the giant freakin' turtle that the Monk order hall rides on, causing the Tortollans to become close allies with the Pandaren, with whom they share a skeleton, and allowing them to choose sides between Alliance and Horde, and completing the Allied Races.

Guys its obvious. Next expansion is clearly death themed with all the new lore datamining in 8.3. So based from that the next allied for horde is light undead.

Now the dragon isles were teased in expeditions so they could be the B plot of 9.0. So the alliance will prob meet a new draconic humanoid race that uses the worgen rig to balance out the vulpera. Lore could be humans who were stranded in the isles slowly turned into these dragonmen because reasons.

Boom there you go mystery solved.

Bonus points if tuskkar will be the panda neutral AR.
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-10-15 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So allied races are just basically an alternative to pre existing main races

orcs - mag'har
    humans - kul tiran
    night elves - void elves
    tauren - highmountain
    draenei - lightforged
    blood elves - nightborne
    darkspear trolls - zandalari
    dwarves - dark iron

And we're getting

goblins - vulpera
    gnomes - mekkagnomes

Now I believe their going to do some dark ranger rubbish with the forsaken. (though I would have loved vrykul)

However worgen are kind of a mystery. I can't think of another race that might work as their alternatives?

Maybe Saurok, though they just seemed like really a one time thing, manufactured and without much intelligence.
    Saberon maybe, but again, same as the saurok, doesn't seem like a very advanced race, and probably already been consumed or killed off by light bound draenei.
    Kul'tiras humans are not reskins of Stormwind humans. They don't share animations, textures, models or skeleton rigs.

Vulpera may share the skeleton rig of goblins, but they're not "alternative" to goblins, they're a completely separate race, who just happen to have the same skeleton rigs, much like Jinyu have night elf skeletons and saberon have worgen skeletons.

In short: your post makes no sense, as allied races aren't about "alternatives" to existing races.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    My main issue with the Saberron is that it was like... 3 of them. Unless they pull of a "not to scale" thing and actually way more came through, all the Saberon on Azeroth currently are going to be inbred. Botani at least escape that because they reproduce by growing more from corpses.
    It was not to scale, otherwise there would only be like 50 Maghar Orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Kul'tiras humans are not reskins of Stormwind humans. They don't share animations, textures, models or skeleton rigs.

Vulpera may share the skeleton rig of goblins, but they're not "alternative" to goblins, they're a completely separate race, who just happen to have the same skeleton rigs, much like Jinyu have night elf skeletons and saberon have worgen skeletons.

In short: your post makes no sense, as allied races aren't about "alternatives" to existing races.
    They are humans with new rigging, models and animation, but are still another human to play as.

Just about all the allied races are either alternative skins and colours of pre existing races, or their a new form of a pre existing one still tied to the first, so yes, it makes perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    People have speculated Saberon, but we have literally zero information from Blizzard.
    Saberons would be a good idea.

I was thinking Wolvars. I mean obviously they'd have to undergo a huge model overhaul but I thought they would be cool.

Maybe Saurok, though they just seemed like really a one time thing, manufactured and without much intelligence.
    Saberon maybe, but again, same as the saurok, doesn't seem like a very advanced race, and probably already been consumed or killed off by light bound draenei.
    I'm still holding out for Arrakoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Human Worgen

Shocking, I know
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Still can’t understand anyone that says Alliance will get Sethrak. Did they have any interaction with them at all?
    The Horde actually assists a faction of them and would make much more sense to have them. I’m not saying I want them, just Horde makes more sense.
    Alliance assists a faction of them and has a couple bases right next to their temple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sethrak, Saberon, and Dragonmen use a Worgen skeleton. Dragonmen and Saberon haven’t really been used in a while, Sethrak are relevant to BFA.

Sethrak used a skeleton of a Cata race, similar to Vulpera/Goblin.
    Sethrak would fill a unique niche in the Alliance, similar to Vulpera/Horde.
    Sethrak have lore based historical racial animosity with Vulpera.
    Sethrak are relevant to BfA.
    Sethrak are similar to Vulpera in that they’re different from other ARs, they aren’t new flavors of an existing race.
    The Alliance player character saves the leader of the Sethrak’s life before he meets any Horde member.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-10-15 at 10:58 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect