View Poll Results: How long will you play for?

Voters
331. This poll is closed
  • I'm not resubbing

64 19.34%
  • I'll probably stop playing prior to phase 6 coming out

49 14.80%
  • Definitely playing up to phase 6 and beyond (Classic+/TBC)

163 49.24%
  • I don't really know

77 23.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    im lvl 52 right now, i havent logged on to retail since classic launched. Im having a good time, i hope ill be playing until AQ is released but who knows what life has in store for me.

Just got my first Rag kill my Boomy with guild. 8 t1 drops loot last night and all went to 2 druid healers so no luck there but expected for them to have prio while we are still progressing.

At this point I am not sure. Playing a meme spec (but pretty OP in pvp) I might cancel until p3 for BGs. P2 will be unplayable here with horde ganking everywhere, so it will be a perfect point to cancel sub unless I get fully geared by then.

Coming back in p3 for sure for BGs on the boomy and 19 twinks.

I'm only 47 and still enjoy it when I log on, but when wc3 remastered is released, I suspect I'll drop my sub and play that till I might be bored of it. MMO takes a lot of time, and progress thus feels so tiny compared to sharpening your skills in an RTS.

Blizzard with the low effort bait via Free character migration, except only from good realms to dead realms. 15 years and they still dont understand nobody wants to play on dead realms.

I'm not interested in classic. I'd love TBC servers though.

I will definitely play until I am lvl 60 (lvl 37 atm), and then we'll see. I can't afford to spend in game 5-6 hrs at once to go into raid, so I guess I will stop at pre-raid dungeons. Definitely won't play until phase 6 because it will be like in 1-2 years from now, and real life plans by that time will reduce my ability to play to zero.
    Anyway it is good to re-live your experience from 2005-2006 when I was young and had all the time in the world to play WoW. Good old times.
    Last edited by Muxtar; 2019-10-17 at 10:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I'm not interested in classic. I'd love TBC servers though.
    I love the idea of TBC servers because of class re-design, but man the game quality goes down real fast when you can get BT gear from badges...
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really doing the same thing that I do with retail. Logging in to raid and logging back out. I'll keep doing that as long as it remains fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcath View Post
    Will never stop playing the real WoW. Retailers can keep their garbage pile and enjoy having gigantic plot holes, stupid dues ex machinas, poor in store gimicky items, and shitty raids and instances. But OOO there's flying :I
    Pretty much nobody in the universe except you thinks that Classic raids are better than modern raids but you do you I guess. Retail raids are for people who like a challenge.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Prob just pop on for the odd raid now till BGs come out. Not THAT many items a DPS warrior needs from MC need a ring and the belt and some 1h weapons. Will be much better when BGs and BWL and AQ are out.
    Power corrupts, unlimited power... is even more fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a fan of the levelling and dungeons in classic. Will likely be around for a while. Really hoping for BC servers as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Your parents are assholes and so are you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Already droped but will continue soon (overwhelmed by job :P)

Unsubbed already, boring

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCarma View Post
    Hello,

I'm curious to see the intentions of players regarding how long they see themselves playing Classic, especially those who have come back for Classic.

For Myself, originally I just wanted to kill Ony & MC (which I have not yet done btw). However, getting closer to 60 I find myself really enjoying the experience and foresee myself playing up until phase 6 now, and beyond, on a casual basis.

Now it is premature of me to suggest that I will even last that long since I havent even reached my original intention yet, but my point is more about how my own intentions towards the game have changed since release. I didn't anticipate enjoying the game as much as I have now that most of the nostalgia has worn off. It's like a long lost friend has come back and I want them to stay around ofc :>

But yeah, what are people's intentions to how long they will play. Please keep it about your own interest to the game, less about what you think others will do,
    Thanks.
    Like the vast majority, I stopped before phase 2.

Not a real poll option for that.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyAnatoliy View Post
    Unsubbed already, boring
    > 15 years of information in the web
    > 100.000 hours of video guides about every nuance of this game
    > static GRIND-MMO genre since ~30 years
    > full #nochanges re-launch

How did you even choose classic as a game to try out? Random web search? Latest Twitch hype? Random TV add?
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    Lost reroll on Benediction, lost twice t2 helmets, alotta t1 stuff.

I'm just sad my rolls were always the second highest, like I roll 90, and a next guy rolls 91, and im like wtf im so sad =(

But w/e I play less after gettin prebis. Just waitin for weekly raids and stuff. Ony takes literally 10 mins. MC 3-4 hours. So weekly my playtime reduced to WoW minimum, waitin for Vulperas.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

About 8 hours played and level 16 was enough for me to know it wasn't worthwhile for me. If they get to Lich King or Pandaria instances I'd consider a retro wow experience, as those expansions held the most enjoyment for me.

Forever (i'd count TBC servers as an extension of classic).

The only thing that will change is the amount of time i'll spend playing, with some phases more, and others less, or when other games come out like Cyberpunk, Phoenix Point, Baldurs Gate 3, PoE 4.0, bla bla, but i'll pretty much play it forever.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2019-10-17 at 02:35 PM.

i got to 40 by the time subscription ended and loved it to much to be legal, i quit my job, fucked up my gym routine, my diet, everything went to shit
    now i'm working on getting back on rails

Classic is no joke, it can make you homeless
    p.s. will totally resub for WSG and AB to enjoy 40-49lvl bracket

Once I get to 60 I will probably raid a little bit then stop playing, and come then come back sporadically for the other phases.

Probably not past my 2nd sub month. Vanilla endgame is just garbage and I was fully expecting to just enjoy the levelling and goldfarming for epic mount and then quit. Got my mount yesterday, and already I'm avoiding the MC invites, just can't bring myself to raid, it's such a poor experience in vanilla. The dungeons aren't as bad but still tedious as hell. Nothing in vanilla is hard, it's just all tedious. I don't understand people who enjoy sitting in a raid with 39 mouth breathers for hours.

I have friends still levelling so I pretty much only log in to help them. Really can't be arsed with guilds or anything like that, I hate how vanilla is so unfriendly to solo players and how every activity requires hand-holding in group play. At least there are some good solo gold farms.

Such a shame they didn't release TBC instead, it was such a massive improvement and raised the skill cap dramatically in both pvp and pve.