Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Nah, I made it to 40ish before I quit. It's just too boring to redo the quests I've already done over all my chars I was lvling before.

addicted to wow classic in 2019? Surely you jest.

Yes, but hear my thoughts:

I think the WoW Classic launch was a stroke of genious to get old players back into the game.

I played WoW hardcore from 2006 till around 2012... Some days even 12 hours a day (getting to Justicar in 3 months time etc...)

Then Diablo3 came out ... and The HUGE PROBLEM Retail WoW had was that ONCE you were out for 6 months or so, you were left behind.

6 months became one year, than an expansion behind etc...

Tldr: RETAIL WoW is simply too advanced and huge to bring in any NEW or old returning blood. Too many things to relearn (pet fights, gear appearances, mechanics to reset old dungeons, MUCH too fast leveling, choices of lock exp gains and about dozens of other things to remember...

———

IF you are an ACTIVE WoW player that never really left for years, you have NO IDEA how closed up and difficult this game became for NEW players frankly.

WoW Classic was the solution to go back in a setting that actually is slow enough to grasp it all.

So my son who was 13 back then and I are playing again, yes. But we take OUR TIME. Our mains have still the same name as in the old WoW and WE LOVE IT.

Do not laugh, but we can only play 2 times a week together because of his job and football play and I am still into my Paladin Questing of the mid 20’s...

So I think I will never leave again... as I am sure now WoW Classic will be played by me eternally and it will always be a recruiting tool for new people coming in.
    A friend of mine started playing too. He brought his wife with him now. She never played WoW and she was impressed.

Classic is the best thing ever since the launch 15 years ago.

MUCH more important than ANY expansion along all these years.

- - - Updated - - -

A further read through the above posts confirmed my thoughts.

IF you are an active or semi active WoW player, you will mostly prefer Retail.

But a player who left for at least 4-5 years and never returned seriously will NOW find a way to come back into WoW much easier than before. That applies also for any new players btw. who can more easely absorb Azeroth.

New players? Of course, as the world did not stop when you were born and a complete new generation was born over the past 10 years.

What stroke me most was the pace of Classic is so much better tuned for new players. The difficulty is MUCH better for new or old returning players.

The “return” expansions never got that right at all. Mostly they were too fast, too easy and too boring until a limited end game and then everyone complained.

Looking to create twinks too at 19, 29, 49 etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    addicted to wow classic in 2019? Surely you jest.

People did not change much over these years.

New players will still find this a very compelling experience. They did not find that in 15 year old Retail which is MUCH too niche to recuit people.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2019-10-18 at 10:56 AM.

I guess you could say that I am, at least compared to any other game that I've played in recent memory. It's not nearly as bad as it was in 2006 though when I failed out of college because I just quit going to class and played WoW all the time. I'm getting my work and grad school applications/LSAT study in and it's mainly (along with the weather which has been shit lately) affecting my exercise routine more than anything else, so I need to work on balance in that respect.

Got my priest to 60, have about 2/3 of pre-raid BIS and waiting for my 54 warrior buddy (who I've been hanging out with and pocket healing out of group for the xp) to hit max to bother with the rest. Have a different guild who lets me pug heal their raids so I got to clear 8/10 MC last week since we didn't have time for quintessences and we should be 10/10 and 1/1 going forward so I'll probably cut my priest's play to that 6-8 hour raid schedule (less when it's farmed) and level my 27 rogue next. Have a 23 lock I wanna get to 35 for the mooncloth transmute. Don't really care about other toons atm.

It's been fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I played classic for about 45 minutes before I remembered why all the QoL changes over the years were made.

Unless you get yourself a great guild you enjoy playing with, most people are likely going to stop playing at 60. That happened to me even back in vanilla. This time i knew better and already found a great guild ahead of release.

Hype got me hooked but no it seems to die down, back to ESO until next expansion for me

I played classic back when it was relevant, then again a few times over the years, and I've had my fill. I tried it again on Blizzard's Classic servers for fun and the spark is basically stomped into the dirt at this point. I'm too worn down from playing the experience way too many times over. But it's faithful and enjoyable, it's just not going to keep me PERSONALLY interested. Maybe if this came out many years ago I'd be playing daily.

I'm stuck in the boring late 40s as I tended to be in vanilla too, so it's about the same as it was back then.

Back then I didn't get addicted until I got deep into the PvP scene and started to get to know lots of other people on the server, so there is still time.

Nope. Went on classic for about 10 levels and meh done it before long ago and dint change my view on wow at all. I’m just done with the game as whole and really playing it very casual on retail. Trying to go back to raid on retail but so far behind with all nonsense that I do not really wanne deal with it. I do the darkshore warfrond to complete my nelf hunter set looks once every 2 weeks or something. My guild have amazing people but I hear they struggle to get raids done without having major pugging going on wich is a shame.

Na I currently wasting more time on FF14 and having fun doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    26 mage atm not playin. Comeing back soon.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm at level 44 right now, and for some reason, the "log in, look at quest log, run a couple circles around Ironforge, log out" thing has been hitting me pretty hard. I went from playing a couple of hours a night to not logging on at all for the last 2-3 days.

I do remember mid to late 40's being kind of a drag, so maybe that's what I'm feeling. Either that, or I'm just feeling burnout in general.

Addicted maybe not, luckily there are other games that I also love. However, there were days when I hardly got up from my computer and played Classic (which was more important than food)

Nope, I haven't logged in for maybe 2 weeks. Had a huge hype hard on when the beta came out and watched streams, but I don't even know if I'll log on again.

No.

Reached Level 26 on my Priest and 25 on my Warrior and got bored and quit.

Wish I was hooked again...
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

I used to just be in awe of everywhere I went and the fact a little gnome could summon a big cool voidwalker. Honestly? The BFA story and blizzards behavior this last year has almost turned me away from anything Blizzard. I just feel bad playing a blizzard game. Been playing destiny 2 cause at least its Bungie now and not Activision.