Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh you sweet edgelords. How adorable you are Is it really so bad with you that you cannot think of what is fun to you? You need to drag out this tired trope? It is extra hilarious, because it seems @RyudoTFO signature was made for you.
    Well, not exactly him. My signature is rather based on the observation I made on this forum. There are a lot of individuals here who seem to hate this game so much and feel the need to force other people to hate it too. I played some games, more or less excessively, and quit them because I simply stopped having fun playing them at some point. Be it that I just reached everything I wanted, starting to enjoy another game more, or thinking that developers driving it into the wrong direction (from my point of view). I don't see myself however returning to the community hub of that game or forum to complain about it, for years. I rather invest that time on other activities that bring me joy.

Well, some people just might have FUN being negative, or even spreading that negativity to others.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

FUN for me is mythic raiding, and by extension preparing for mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by RyudoTFO View Post
    Well, not exactly him. My signature is rather based on the observation I made on this forum. There are a lot of individuals here who seem to hate this game so much and feel the need to force other people to hate it too. I played some games, more or less excessively, and quit them because I simply stopped having fun playing them at some point. Be it that I just reached everything I wanted, starting to enjoy another game more, or thinking that developers driving it into the wrong direction (from my point of view). I don't see myself however returning to the community hub of that game or forum to complain about it, for years. I rather invest that time on other activities that bring me joy.

Well, some people just might have FUN being negative, or even spreading that negativity to others.
    Curious, would you just leave a game that you've invested a decade, and hundreds or thousands of hours into, continously spending money on vanity items over the years, supporting the game and the devs, meaning if you now add them together it's thousands of dollars? I mean leaving the game, yeah, probably, but not even keeping up with the fate of it anymore? Hoping that it would maybe appeal to you once more?
    And then how much time is still okay with someone not playing the game and be "allowed" talk about it? 3 months? 6 months? A year? Same expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Curious, would you just leave a game that you've invested a decade, and hundreds or thousands of hours into, continously spending money on vanity items over the years, supporting the game and the devs, meaning if you now add them together it's thousands of dollars? I mean leaving the game, yeah, probably, but not even keeping up with the fate of it anymore? Hoping that it would maybe appeal to you once more?
    And then how much time is still okay with someone not playing the game and be "allowed" talk about it? 3 months? 6 months? A year? Same expansion?
    If I don't have fun at a game at all, I would leave. No matter how much money or time Invested into it. It's the journey that counts. Staying just because you would otherwise "loose" all the money or time you invested, might be the reason why some people react so toxic and hateful. That's a very materialistic way to see it. To think like that, just isn't my way.
    Also, everybody should know by now that mony spent on an virtual product is literally lost. You pay for emotional satisfaction, not actually existing things.

It's also not wrong to check back now and then or stay informed. Discussing things, is also not the same as just deem them bad, without trying (or able to try ) them out yourself. Anything that you don't experience yourself, you do experience by proxy and might be entitled to the opinion of someone else.

Doing Mythic raids myself last time in WoD, I can hardly give any statement on the difficulty or creativity of current Mythic raids, that is not entitled on the opinion of some YouTuber/Twitcher.

It's one thing to say "I don't like the look of the new armor sets", which is a subjective statement, but instead the forum is full of "the arts team is dumb and lazy" comments.

I also know enough people who claimed that Classic will kill retail, who never played classic themselves. Guess who quit and returned to retail after leveling for 2 weeks and still not reaching 60?

So it's not about "who is allowed to talk and who not" it's about relevance. If you're out of the loop for so long, that mechanics you are used to, changed several times already, your suggestions for future improvements, that might get you back into the game, are worth as much as of everyone else. But commenting on mechanics that you simply couldn't experience, and just assume how they are, doesn't help at all.

Worst part thou, is that most people just say that something is bad, without giving any reason why or suggestions to improve it. Mostly because they didn't experience this "bad" thing themselves, not being an active player, and are just chiming in on the opinion of someone else.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Definitely not AP grind and Titanforge grind.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh you sweet edgelords. How adorable you are Is it really so bad with you that you cannot think of what is fun to you? You need to drag out this tired trope? It is extra hilarious, because it seems @RyudoTFO signature was made for you.
    Relax. I really want retail to become a good game Again. I Know what is fun for me and many others I hope next expension Will be good tho. But they have to focus less on collectibles.

Your ideas sound awful.

What makes WoW fun for me is steady progress towards long term goals. The mage tower in Legion was a perfect capturing of that. I can keep that appearance for bragging rights forever, it took me darn near the whole expansion of raiding to get it, which got me to raid, and so forth.

Most artifact appearances reflected exactly what makes the game fun for me, and legion mechanics in general, seeing the steady progress through Suramar was also great.

BFA flopped in content where I didn't see that. Adding currency systems to warfronts/islands band-aided those but by the time those were added I already decided I hated the content.

Azerite gear had the insane design flaw of actually making a gear "upgrade" a massive downgrade. I can't use any of the effects on it, so into the bank it goes for several weeks, by the time I've already gotten something else, or the traits on it are trash and ruin my survivability in particular, but the mobs scale to my higher ilevel, causing me to die faster!

Contrasted heavily with azerite essences, which you do feel steady progressive increases in strength obtained through achievable, clear goals. Infinitely better.

There is nothing wrong with titanforging as long as you see it as a bonus, and not a goal. You don't try to titanforge gear, you just go "oh, a titanforge, neat."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'll probably resub when they make hunter fun again (Was it MOP that had Killshot? I think that was the most fun I had with the class).

Fun is kind of...

Well I firmly believe if classes are fun to play a lot of the other elements fall in line.

You should also want to do content, I think Blizz has mistakenly added so many "bars" to reach that they are actively making the game worse. Pathfinder just makes people rush to get the achieve, leaving nothing. AP grind adding too much power or slots to the neck = another thing to reach. Finish 3 islands a week, people don't want to do them. Got to do a M+10, for max level gear, means people just crash into m10 and not care.

Raiding is fun still, it's still pretty great. Still like doing dungeons, M+ is great, they probably need to do more with seasons though. We've only gotten 3, 1 was interesting with the blood worm mechanic, 2 was pretty great fun, and 3 is just meh because it's a bit to RNG.