GRANDIA HD Remaster

So this just released today on Steam
    My favorite RPG of all time is Breath of Fire III and IV and by looking at this game...it seems visually amazing (i love this Style).

Could someone with more experience with the game tell us how it is?
    My first impulse is to buy it ASAP, am i doing a mistake?

STEAM PAGE

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...A_HD_Remaster/

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-10-15 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only played Grandia 2, but it is among my favorite JRPG's. What the series does uniquely is their own brand of "ATB battle". It's effectively turn-based, but you have a gauge that goes up and you choose your character's actions at a certain point in the gauge. Then, the rest of the gauge fills up and you perform your action at the end. The thing is, so does your opponents, and you can see their gauge. And you have options, through magic or your attacks, to "cancel" their attack, if their gauge is between the last two points (choosing and performing an action). It also isn't a static field, characters move around, and you have aoe spells that are actually aoe, hitting only the enemies that fall under the radius/line/etc. Another unique thing about the series is how it handles magic. You obtain eggs, and each one has its own set of spells. You can then equip an egg to each character. This offers a bit of customization, and you unlock the spells by spending coins you earn through battle. Grandia is most known for its fun battle system.

Some of this may not apply to the first game, so I don't know. But I'm excited to give it a shot when I decide to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Some of this may not apply to the first game, so I don't know. But I'm excited to give it a shot when I decide to pick it up.
    I've only played a few hours of the first game back on the PSX; I don't remember if magic was learned through eggs, but I can tell you that the same battle system existed, with the time gauge and movement.

Thank you @Pendulous

Im completely charmed by the artstyle...im completely blinded by it. It reminds me of Breath of Fire so much!
    So goofy and with incredible animations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbi1BYvMASM&t=7m0s

Spin Kick! LOL

It's a good game. Played it on PSX long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best rpg of that generation IMO. Go for it!

Chrono Crusade, FFIX, and Legend of Legaia were alright as well
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily my favorite of the Grandia series and the best imo. Played it back in PS1 era really a solid JRPG for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Best rpg of that generation IMO. Go for it!

Chrono Crusade, FFIX, and Legend of Legaia were alright as well
    How dare you not mentioning Legend of Dragoon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Easily my favorite of the Grandia series and the best imo. Played it back in PS1 era really a solid JRPG for sure.
    Im enjoying it immensely
    Its the power of nostalgia with a bit of childhood-experiences.
    The whole artstyle and animations are my personal favorite. The sprites...or whatever is called, pixel animation or something.

The game is so goofy and tells the story extremely well...with some amazing surprises in gameplay and interaction with scenery.

Im in love.

(the first minutes were a bit cringy, graphics/FPS/voice acting...but then i fell in love)
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-10-16 at 04:33 PM.

Pretty sure I played one of the Grandia games eons ago... can't recall which one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im enjoying it immensely
    Its the power of nostalgia with a bit of childhood-experiences.
    The whole artstyle and animations are my personal favorite. The sprites...or whatever is called, pixel animation or something.

The game is so goofy and tells the story extremely well...with some amazing surprises in gameplay and interaction with scenary.

Im in love.

(the first minutes were a bit cringy, graphics/FPS/voice acting...but then i fell in love)
    Yup is it the same company they made the Lunar series which is why they have kinda similar goofy and fun interaction stuff.

I am glad you are having fun!! enjoy it to the fullest! I will get it today for sure hehe

Grandia 2 is one of my favorite turned based RPGs. I played it originally on Dreamcast and replayed it years later on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoaD009 View Post
    Grandia 2 is one of my favorite turned based RPGs. I played it originally on Dreamcast and replayed it years later on PC.
    Yeah Grandia 2 is pretty good but imo the first game was superior in almost everyway except obviously visuals and graphics because the second game is from a newer generation console.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah Grandia 2 is pretty good but imo the first game was superior in almost everyway except obviously visuals and graphics because the second game is from a newer generation console.
    I must be some kind of crazy maniac...because i prefer Sprites and Pixel art to actual graphics in RPG's
    Probably because of nostalgia...and personal preference ofc.

It gives an entire new feeling to the game. Its hard to explain.

Dude...if DragonForce for the sega saturn releases on Steam...im going to FLIP OUT.
    That would be epic...

It's one of the few games i still have from that era, still have my original ps1 Grandia(have 2 as well) from back then. I 100% recommend it! Such a wonderful adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I must be some kind of crazy maniac...because i prefer Sprites and Pixel art to actual graphics in RPG's
    Probably because of nostalgia...and personal preference ofc.

It gives an entire new feeling to the game. Its hard to explain.

Dude...if DragonForce for the sega saturn releases on Steam...im going to FLIP OUT.
    That would be epic...
    Haha naah you are not the only one I too prefer old sprites pixel style over modern graphics when it comes to RPG and JRPG which is why I loved Traveler Octopath when it first came out specially it was inspired by my beloved favorite Final Fantasy game ever (Final Fantasy 6 in SNES is my favorite of the entire series).