Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Races weren't always locked behind rep, let alone reskins. Some people are opposed to this and you're saying "God forbid you have to put any effort into the game?" That's not the point.
    You're right. Normal races were never locked behind rep. Allied races, a different feature entirely, are. They're on a separate page on the main screen for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Darillyn View Post
    You're right. Normal races were never locked behind rep. Allied races, a different feature entirely, are. They're on a separate page on the main screen for a reason.
    brown orcs aren't a different feature.

its not even a grind. everyone is exalted with the required factions many times over by now. theres no reason it shouldnt be gated by rep. you have to earn their loyalty in order for them to join the horde/alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

To keep you playing Beta For Azerite as long as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Rep goes so fast and legion rep got buffed extremly, just sounds like youre lazy to me.
    ironic how you give me an extremely lazy response instead of reading the thread... hmmmmm... Someone looks stupid, because I explained why

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, I’m super casual in WoW and I’ve managed to get the reps up. You do majority of it by leveling/questing in the area and then the rest is gained by WQ’s and through missions.

Pretty easy, honestly.
    Yeah but you miss the point, I dont want to play BfA endgame content such as world quests. I want to resub to level a new allied race to 120. I dont have a horde shaman and thats what I feel like playing, im not going to play for 1 month of content I dont enjoy to unlock the part I do, to get back up to 120 to have to do it again..

Lol okay, to you maybe. I will say, you do have legit criticism with mag'har, dark iron, and void elves simply because the rep grind doesn't relate to them. Blizz seems to be avoiding doing that now for the past two rounds of allied races though.

isnt the better question how arent you all exalted by now?

Yeah they are morons I thought the same thing why even add allied races at all but then make them a pain to get and the heritage armor also so you need to re level a whole new toon of a class you already have its so fucking dumb. Just goes to show they really don’t care about their consumers anymore they just want more numbers
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Its the model they have decided to use, I do not like, its annoying especially if you wanted to play that class at the start of an expansion, but nothing we can do about it.
    That's pretty much how it was when BC launched. You either kept playing your char or had to reroll altogether for a blood elf.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    Yeah they are morons I thought the same thing why even add allied races at all but then make them a pain to get and the heritage armor also so you need to re level a whole new toon of a class you already have its so fucking dumb. Just goes to show they really don’t care about their consumers anymore they just want more numbers
    Well allied races and heritage armor are rewards. It might shock you but there are people what actualy have no problem with grinds and leveling at all. And these rewards are for them. If you dont like grinds dont do it but also dont expect being rewarded compared to people what put effort into it. I also dont get how can anyone complain about grind in mmorpg game. Its almost like people play wrong game or something.

I am Murloc!
    All current ARs are recolors/slight modification of the main races.

High Overlord
    Why are Allied races rep gated. Why cant they just be questlines?
    Time played = money.
    The longer you stay online the better the metrics Activision/Blizzard shows to their shareholders.
    That's all there is to it. Remember, to us WoW can be a lot of things, but to Blizzard it's just a way to make PROFITS.

Because Blizzard wants you to play their game non-stop and then go "People love our game!! Look how long they're playing every day!!"

I prefer them being gated behind rep than just being a questline myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    ironic how you give me an extremely lazy response instead of reading the thread... hmmmmm... Someone looks stupid, because I explained why

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but you miss the point, I dont want to play BfA endgame content such as world quests. I want to resub to level a new allied race to 120. I dont have a horde shaman and thats what I feel like playing, im not going to play for 1 month of content I dont enjoy to unlock the part I do, to get back up to 120 to have to do it again..
    Nah youre still lazy in my eyes. Not everythin is handed out instantly. Rep is easy to farm and yet here you are complainin about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Allied races are a reward for completing content. No different than mounts/pets/etc. If you want the reward, you do the work.

I wanted Invincible, ergo I put in the work to kill the Lich King week in, week out on several characters for two years until I got it.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    So you're willing to grind out 100 levels, but have issues with doing the WQs required to unlock the race first?
    Pretty much. None of the rep grinds for allied races have been difficult. Mechagnomes might be the one exception for me.

By the time any of these have been released I have, through very casual play, been well past exalted. If you start now, with the new ones being announced for 8.3, I can all but guarantee you'll have the one you want by 8.3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherwax View Post
    Time played = money.
    The longer you stay online the better the metrics Activision/Blizzard shows to their shareholders.
    That's all there is to it. Remember, to us WoW can be a lot of things, but to Blizzard it's just a way to make PROFITS.
    Ah yes, the evil rep grinding system for rewards that was only added in BFA and never, ever existed prior to the Activision merge.

https://www.wowhead.com/championing-...ent-tournament

I never did finish that one, despite trying for every day since its release to the start of Cataclysm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

I agree that the timegating and rep grinding is completely unnecessary for the Allied Races. Blizzard does this 100% to increase the time engagement of their consumers, i.e. CCU even though they sell it as a feature. It's the same reason why AP is a grind. It's not difficult to grind, but the process is inherently mundane and repetitive. In a game where a lot of the systems advocate repetition ad nauseam, integrating that into something most players generally enjoy (leveling new races) really takes the wind out of their sails.

But is more annoying is that they're tied into the story so some Allied Races require extra legwork to unlock. For example, Mechagnomes. You have to do the dungeon while Vulpera doesn't require that. It's an extra tedious bit for 'story' purposes. The unlock requirements for the Nightborne were long and exhausting, compared to the relative ease of the Void Elves.

But seeing as how the system isn't likely to go away, I'd suggest a significant change: Drop the rep requirement to revered and divorce the unlock requirements from the main story etc. Even go so far as to standardize it to unlocking a special questline once you hit revered to unlock the race. Such thorough integration into the main story is quite unnecessary.

Agree it’s BS. But compared to ActiBlizz’s World of Chinacraft rep grind its nothing.

to get people to play more.. should be at least lowered to revered or honored even... exalted could be used for an XP buff while leveling that race, or to unlock the special gear for mog.

I look for this to change at some point cause who is going to come back / start years from now and want to grind Legion rep.....
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018