Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because its an MMO and you grind for things you want generally? Makes sense from a story standpoint to, no one is going to help you unless you help them

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Nah youre still lazy in my eyes. Not everythin is handed out instantly. Rep is easy to farm and yet here you are complainin about it.
    Sorry for being too busy working like 12 -16 hours a day, guess I should put a few of my precious hours into farming reputation just so I can play the race I want right?

I might be an extreme case but I still think its ridiculous how returning players cant log on and enjoy the new content.
    Yep im here complaining about it, and arguing with people like you who do nothing other than call others lazy and complainers for pointing out problems with the game that I guess you think is absolutely perfect.

Im glad we actually live in a world where forums exist, where public discussion on topics of interest and issue exist, and not in your world where we just say "Nah its fine, you're just lazy" to every single issue lol.

Cya!

- - - Updated - - -

So many people making themselves look stupid by not even reading the thread.

I made it clear that people who are RETURNING to the game cant play the thing they want until they level to max level, grind out exalted, then have to RESTART everything again and its keeping people from resubbing.

People are missing the point. If you have already been playing BfA then this is a non issue obviously. There are people who are unsubbed looking at these allied races thinking, "Hey id come back to WoW to play a Maghar, they look awesome!" or "I feel like levelling a fresh character and just enjoying the questing on a new race"

But they CANT because instead they are forced to resub. Level something they DONT WANT TO PLAY to 120, grind for over a MONTH doing content you DONT WANT TO DO, to finally unlock the content that you do actually wan to play. This shouldnt be the case. Its ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Because its an MMO and you grind for things you want generally? Makes sense from a story standpoint to, no one is going to help you unless you help them
    Except its completely different saying, do questline M and unlock Maghar orc, because you helped them and now they are loyal. Do questline Z and unlock Zandalari because you earned their loyalty.

To:

Get to 120, then spend roughly 1+ month repeating the same daily quests that have ZERO relevance to these factions over and over and over until we finally let you play them.

Sorry but it makes no sense from a story standpoint. A questline would, reputation earned through world quests makes no sense at all.

Why dont we force all players to start as human then or orc for horde and force them to unlock every single race. Races are something you should have to unlock, they are something your character is, not something you unlock. You unlock new elements to that character like mounts and armour transmogs, but not who your god damn character is!

What other RPG's/MMO's do you have to unlock new races in. There may be some but all the major ones you dont.
    Last edited by JavelinJoe; 2019-10-16 at 02:33 AM.

Because they want you to play longer to prove to their shareholders that they are successful even while their games are dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

It's not hard, but it guarantees that the person logs on and plays an 30 minutes to an hour each day. If it were some non time-gated questline, people would have their allied races unlocked sooner which means less time playing the game. Gotta keep player activity up.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Sorry for being too busy working like 12 -16 hours a day, guess I should put a few of my precious hours into farming reputation just so I can play the race I want right?
    If you don't have time to "grind" the rep, I'm not sure why you need it, since you wouldn't have time to play AR anyway.

Every time I see these threads, I think that people must really be either young, or new to the game, when they complain about this particular (laughable) "grind". Most reps can be done in a week, two weeks tops if you're a slowpoke. Pop a contract, do some WQs (if you don't have time, just do the fast 0/1 slain ones), complete your emissaries, and that's it. For those without time, you can even "grind" the rep through mission table from your phone. Really, compared to maaaany grinds from the past, nowadays it's extremely fast and easy. Complaining about it means you're either very fucking lazy, or your time is so limited that MMOs just aren't for you anymore.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    If you don't have time to "grind" the rep, I'm not sure why you need it, since you wouldn't have time to play AR anyway.

Every time I see these threads, I think that people must really be either young, or new to the game, when they complain about this particular (laughable) "grind". Most reps can be done in a week, two weeks tops if you're a slowpoke. Pop a contract, do some WQs (if you don't have time, just do the fast 0/1 slain ones), complete your emissaries, and that's it. For those without time, you can even "grind" the rep through mission table from your phone. Really, compared to maaaany grinds from the past, nowadays it's extremely fast and easy. Complaining about it means you're either very fucking lazy, or your time is so limited that MMOs just aren't for you anymore.
    Wow, this is one of the most self-absorbed comments I've seen in a while. Not having the time to grind rep has nothing to do with not having the time to play Allied Races. He very obviously said he doesn't have that much free time to engage with meaningless systems just to partake in the activity he enjoys. For you, maybe grinding reps takes a few weeks. For him, it could be months just to get to the race he wants to play. By that time, burn out happens.

There's nothing wrong with easing the tedious requirements on Allied Races so people with less play time can still participate in activities they enjoy in a game they love, rather than lock everything behind a long and tired grind because of 'business reasons'.

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    Bet they'll lift the rep gate in future expansion.
    Or they'll just speed it up faster like they did with void elves, LF Dreanei, HM and Nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    It's not hard, but it guarantees that the person logs on and plays an 30 minutes to an hour each day. If it were some non time-gated questline, people would have their allied races unlocked sooner which means less time playing the game. Gotta keep player activity up.
    This is what it all comes back to. It’s not complicated.

Keep in mind that, when it comes to entertainment, social media, gaming, etc., then the normal laws of supply and demand don’t apply. The supplier’s goal is to keep the demander coming back to the point of addiction, not to please the demander. We’re not dealing with a normal product/service here - an MMO has the same design and marketing model as Facebook, sugary soft drinks, etc. It’s about addiction.

To give you a somewhat time gated grind so you will play longer. This is the real reason and anything else said by Blizzard is a lie. Anything else said by fan boys is also a lie.

There may be other reasons, sure, but the one I gave is reason number one.

This entitlement generation is going to be the death of Western civilization.

If there were no Allied Race locks, the Alliance would be half Void Elves and the Horde would be 80% elves (Blood Elf + Nightborne).

Is that what you want? World of Elfcraft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Zulkhan Friendlyimmolation and Mehrunes are known diehard Sylvanas fanboys. Like i said they project their hatred for Vareesa character on High Elves. Save yourself from wasting time.

Except its completely different saying, do questline M and unlock Maghar orc, because you helped them and now they are loyal. Do questline Z and unlock Zandalari because you earned their loyalty.

To:

Get to 120, then spend roughly 1+ month repeating the same daily quests that have ZERO relevance to these factions over and over and over until we finally let you play them.

Sorry but it makes no sense from a story standpoint. A questline would, reputation earned through world quests makes no sense at all.

Why dont we force all players to start as human then or orc for horde and force them to unlock every single race. Races are something you should have to unlock, they are something your character is, not something you unlock. You unlock new elements to that character like mounts and armour transmogs, but not who your god damn character is!

What other RPG's/MMO's do you have to unlock new races in. There may be some but all the major ones you dont.
    Well that's a case of gameplay over story, they need you to keep coming back. In a game, you want something to go after so this caters to both the producer and consumer.

They even put the allied races behind reputations that you're going to passively gain just by logging in and doing things everyonce in awhile like emissaries and war tables. Sure they could add some reputation catch up for passed expansions. But if you play current (which is all I'm referring too) its a nonissue for most people.But as I said it makes sense. If you don't like it...don't do it...really that simple. Don't have time? Don't think you should be playing a video game if your time is that valuable and precious of a commodity were you can't spend 45 minutes a day doing WQ's

You aren't forced to do anything in a game,you know how ridiculous that sounds????!?!?!?! Ha.

If you don't like what you need to do in said game...maybe you shouldn't play or look for something else to do in a game like this with so much variety. Allied Races are an addition, not the whole of experience. You don't want to put the smidge of lackluster effort needed to earn them? Don't. But that's on you, not the developer or circumstances, but YOU!
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2019-10-16 at 05:59 AM.

I might be an extreme case but I still think its ridiculous how returning players cant log on and enjoy the new content.
    Yep im here complaining about it, and arguing with people like you who do nothing other than call others lazy and complainers for pointing out problems with the game that I guess you think is absolutely perfect.

Im glad we actually live in a world where forums exist, where public discussion on topics of interest and issue exist, and not in your world where we just say "Nah its fine, you're just lazy" to every single issue lol.

Cya!

- - - Updated - - -

So many people making themselves look stupid by not even reading the thread.

I made it clear that people who are RETURNING to the game cant play the thing they want until they level to max level, grind out exalted, then have to RESTART everything again and its keeping people from resubbing.

People are missing the point. If you have already been playing BfA then this is a non issue obviously. There are people who are unsubbed looking at these allied races thinking, "Hey id come back to WoW to play a Maghar, they look awesome!" or "I feel like levelling a fresh character and just enjoying the questing on a new race"

But they CANT because instead they are forced to resub. Level something they DONT WANT TO PLAY to 120, grind for over a MONTH doing content you DONT WANT TO DO, to finally unlock the content that you do actually wan to play. This shouldnt be the case. Its ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

To:

When you buy the game, you get a free character at level 110. So all you need to do is gain 10 levels then do world quests and shit. So the "returning player can't play allied races because of this reason" is a massive cop-out. Getting the reps really aren't difficult at all.

It's all about MAU's let's not pretend otherwise, blizzard hates the player base.

The Unstoppable Force
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Whelp, these threads surely never get old. There should be a "High Elf/Allied race/flying" mega thread to avoid a thousand of these threads popping up now and again.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The posts in this thread are so dumb.

"You have to win them over so it makes sense lorewise!"

Okay? Like having a questchain where you do bigger and bigger favors for said races wouldn't accomplish the same thing? Most rep dailies have you doing the same task every day anyways which isn't immersive at all. They could easily do a magetower esque scenario for each race where you fight a hard boss to unlock them AND the heritage armor, that way its prestigious for people who get them early but can easily be earned as the content becomes irrelevant.

"Don't be lazy just do the work like everyone else!"

Bro like if there was a way to grind it out with zero timegating I'm pretty sure no one would be complaining, the problem is that your progress is capped and there's NOTHING you can do about it. There isn't anything hard about the dailies so they hold no prestige or sense of accomplishment, only relief that you never have to do the dalies again which is a terrible reward system.

I have every single allied race unlocked, the current system is stupid and literally only exists to exploit hours played. They absolutely shouldn't be timegated and there isn't an argument in my mind that can be made for timegating them.
    Honorary member of the Baine fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Feels kinda logical that you actually have to build up a good reputation before they join you, why would they join someone they dont even know.
    Yep I agree with this. As an example all the time I spent in Mechagon, helping the Mechagnomes and bringing down King Mechagon himself, makes me feel like I earned their trust and assistance (e.g. allied race) with future problems. I for one enjoy that.

Now the older allied races? Void elf, LF Draenei, etc? I'd be fine with just giving those to people at this point as that content is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    The posts in this thread are so dumb.

"You have to win them over so it makes sense lorewise!"

Okay? Like having a questchain where you do bigger and bigger favors for said races wouldn't accomplish the same thing? Most rep dailies have you doing the same task every day anyways which isn't immersive at all. They could easily do a magetower esque scenario for each race where you fight a hard boss to unlock them AND the heritage armor, that way its prestigious for people who get them early but can easily be earned as the content becomes irrelevant.

"Don't be lazy just do the work like everyone else!"

Bro like if there was a way to grind it out with zero timegating I'm pretty sure no one would be complaining, the problem is that your progress is capped and there's NOTHING you can do about it. There isn't anything hard about the dailies so they hold no prestige or sense of accomplishment, only relief that you never have to do the dalies again which is a terrible reward system.

I have every single allied race unlocked, the current system is stupid and literally only exists to exploit hours played. They absolutely shouldn't be timegated and there isn't an argument in my mind that can be made for timegating them.
    I'd argue that this post of yours is fairly dumb as well. "Reeeeee allied race requirements are stupid and there's no argument that can convince me otherwise btw I have all of them unlocked despite all my angst over the subject."

Call me crazy but when I don't like something in the game or feel the requirements are unreasonable, I don't bother with it. I don't do it anyway and then come blog-bitch about it on the forums.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2019-10-16 at 06:36 AM.
    The amount of people who are supposedly over WoW/hate WoW, yet continue to spend every day of their lives whining about it here on the forums, never fails to astound me.

Obsession is bad, kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Johnson PI View Post
    I'd say while sure, Blizz knows it helps with the MAUs and embraces that, it's not the sole reasoning. I myself don't trust Blizzard anymore, but I would still argue against the very pessmistic outlook that it's entirely about finances.

The developers want you to play the quests they designed for the race's respective faction. They hope you will engage with the story in a meaningful way by completing the quests, getting to exalted, perhaps causing you to further connect with your character. The devs want you to use your character as an avatar in Azeroth, a vessel for your own experience of the complex setting that is the WORLD of Warcraft.

You'd never make it in classic, my friend.
    Classic is a fucking abomination and everyone knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    When you buy the game, you get a free character at level 110. So all you need to do is gain 10 levels then do world quests and shit. So the "returning player can't play allied races because of this reason" is a massive cop-out. Getting the reps really aren't difficult at all.
    It is literally entitlement. "I want to play as <insert allied race> but I shouldn't have to do the requirements everyone else did, why can't it be an easy faceroll questline instead omg this is why retail is so bad"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Whelp, these threads surely never get old. There should be a "High Elf/Allied race/flying" mega thread to avoid a thousand of these threads popping up now and again.
    Or better yet, a single 'World of Warcraft Whining Megathread' since the vast majority of posts here related to those 3 things can be summed up as such.
    The amount of people who are supposedly over WoW/hate WoW, yet continue to spend every day of their lives whining about it here on the forums, never fails to astound me.

Obsession is bad, kids!

The eliteist nutjobs that support the grindr are the same people that live in their moms basement with too much free time. Fuck everyone else who has friends, work, school, a relationship and goes out on the weekends right

Ive personally grinded out all the horde ones and the system is a disgrace. «They are an allied race, they need to trust us» fucking lmao

Goblins were forced into the horde for no reason, as were both forsaken and blood elves. Hell forsaken could have bailed on the horde and made a new faction with belves.

The BFA reps are basically the same reps mirrored for alliance and horde. Agrussian reach has nothing to do with void elves. Dark iron has been in the alliance since Cata, Thalyssra is a major BFA character, its not like they arent members if you dont dont do their grindr

Fucking lmao one of the nightborne quests is doing 10 world quests when there is 5 max per day. That is proof they are doing this to make us play longer and not for any lore reason
    Oh no! My limitless wealth and power is all I have! Boohoo, send me sympathy money

I personally dont think this makes any sense. Allied races should be a perfect excuse for Blizzard to lure people back into the game who are craving the thought of playing that new Allied race, levelling up a brand new class on that perfect new race.

I basically skipped this entire expansion, mainly because I dont have time to do all the grinding, and therefore cant unlock Zandalari or Maghar. Probably the only thing Id want to do right now is make a new Horde Shaman, Maghar and level it from 20-120. But apparently Blizzard thinks its better I grind the hell out of dailies and weeklys, for multiple weeks/over a month before Im allowed to do the activity I want to.

Am I the only one who thinks this gate is ridiculous and defeats one of the strengths of allied races all together?

Why cant we just have a questline for each that discusses their story etc then it culminates with being able to play them.

People will say things like, well Zandalari become unlockable as part of the war campaign or BfA story, while I know that is the case, I think its a lame excuse and they should just bend the rules on this, because its a crap system.

Many of my unsubbed friends say the same, they would come back to play a zandalari or Maghar, but cant, so they just stay unsubbed.
    The Zandalari is one of the EASIEST to earn. Honestly, the main reason you have to work for it, is because it keeps you playing. A simple questline can be rushed faster than a reputation demand.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!