Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Zandalar Tribe, Alliance. 27422 total.

  2. #62
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    As someone who has an undergraduate in data analysis, I came 4rd in my class so I know what I'm talking about. Educated people know that common knowledge doesn't need to be referenced. Trolls demand references in the hope that they can deflect from their weak *lol* arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Being "4rd" in a Class that has something to do with numbers might be a sign that there is something wrong with the school teachings.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The uneducated has always attacked those of us who are educated. Always reminds me of that meme of the android user and apple user in the elevator where the android user screeched something and the apple user replied "I don't think about you at all".
    I think you're missing his point?

    First - "1st"
    Second - "2nd"
    Third - "3rd"
    Fourth - "4th"
    Fifth - "5th"
    etc.

    You're talking about being educated yet you ranked 4"rd" in your class... You also talk about "educated" people not needing to provide references for common knowledge.

    Forgive me, but you did not place "4rd" in your class. You placed 4th (fourth).

    If anything is common knowledge, that certainly is.
    <Multipass>

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    As someone who has an undergraduate in data analysis, I came 4rd in my class so I know what I'm talking about. Educated people know that common knowledge doesn't need to be referenced. Trolls demand references in the hope that they can deflect from their weak *lol* arguments.
    Well I came 3th in my class and Classic has 40 billion active players, trouncing Retail's 39 billion. I don't need a source because it is common knowledge.
    Youtube Channel Twitch Stream
    Main Mage
    No Big Deal - Stormrage - 7/7 Mythic EN - 2/3 Mythic (Pre nerf) ToV 4/10M Nighthold 2 day/week raiding guild - No Longer Raiding (RIP)

  4. #64
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    33,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    My calculations show that total Classic population now sits at under 100K. Started around 250K. Be down to 25K-50K by Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Nope. Start peak globally was probably close to 2 million. I doubt that is has fallen below 1.2 million by now.
    Well, I guess this now is the scope of the general claims, eh? Got any data or proof to back it up? I mean..how can come two people up with numbers that are off between 250k and 2 million?

    Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    Well I came 3th in my class and Classic has 40 billion active players, trouncing Retail's 39 billion. I don't need a source because it is common knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    I think you're missing his point?

    First - "1st"
    Second - "2nd"
    Third - "3rd"
    Fourth - "4th"
    Fifth - "5th"
    etc.

    You're talking about being educated yet you ranked 4"rd" in your class... You also talk about "educated" people not needing to provide references for common knowledge.

    Forgive me, but you did not place "4rd" in your class. You placed 4th (fourth).

    If anything is common knowledge, that certainly is.
    That guy you referenced? This @munkeyinorbit His sarcasm went like TOTALLY over your heads, right? RIIIIGGGHHTTT???
    Last edited by det; 2019-10-16 at 08:57 PM.

  5. #65
    Pandaren Monk Sinyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    My calculations show that total Classic population now sits at under 100K. Started around 250K. Be down to 25K-50K by Christmas.
    Not if Phase 2 with the Honor System comes out before then. Also, mind sharing your "calculations"???

  6. #66
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    33,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

    edit: Jesus, so many replies and nobody answered my question?

    Please answer now <3
    B..B..But..but..this is not how this forum works

    In all seriousness though..I can't answer because I don't play classic, but my bs detectors can still go off when one guy clams Classic started at 250k subs and another claims it started at 2 million....

  7. #67
    Superdata reports a 223% subscription increase (over tripling) August as opposed to July. I don't think its a leap in logic to attribute most of that to Classic. Unless you think retail only had ~100k active players or less, which is completely mad, Classic clearly had more than 250k-300k at launch.

    Now, i still question Classic's staying power, especially since we're probably down at least half the active players from launch, probably more. But it is completely mad to estimate classic only had 250k active players at launch. Ditto with estimating retail currently has 250k active players. There are more than 50 servers, not sure how there were only ~5k per server when the majority had queues and some of the queues were over 10000 deep.

    I'd estimate somewhere between 1-2.5m, with maybe 400-750k still actively playing (logging in weekly) Classic. Which is a very wide range, yes, but it's hard to make an accurate estimate with the data we have.
    Youtube Channel Twitch Stream
    Main Mage
    No Big Deal - Stormrage - 7/7 Mythic EN - 2/3 Mythic (Pre nerf) ToV 4/10M Nighthold 2 day/week raiding guild - No Longer Raiding (RIP)

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Not if Phase 2 with the Honor System comes out before then. Also, mind sharing your "calculations"???
    I can do it for him.

    "I think Classic started at 250k because that's unimpressive. By now, over half the players have fallen off, because reasons and things. This trend will continue to Christmas because Santa Claus isn't real. So...

    250 / >2 = About 100k
    100k / 2 or 4 = 50k or 25k

    Calculations done!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

  9. #69
    Kurinnaxx-US Alliance 15.8k.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, I guess this now is the scope of the general claims, eh? Got any data or proof to back it up? I mean..how can come two people up with numbers that are off between 250k and 2 million?





    That guy you referenced? This @munkeyinorbit His sarcasm went like TOTALLY over your heads, right? RIIIIGGGHHTTT???
    That's what I meant. 2.5 million = 250K. Will be down to around 500 thousand = 50K by Christmas.

  11. #71
    By my data and calculations, classic wow has 4+ million players.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    By my data and calculations, classic wow has 4+ million players.
    I have it at 40,000,000+ based purely on trying to convince retail players that classic is best. Unless you can prove i am wrong, i am right and thats a FACT.

  13. #73
    EU-Firemaw Alliance @ 3:48 am

    28484 Items

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    As someone who has an undergraduate in data analysis, I came 4rd in my class so I know what I'm talking about. Educated people know that common knowledge doesn't need to be referenced. Trolls demand references in the hope that they can deflect from their weak *lol* arguments.
    You know that you contradict yourself. Saying it's common knowledge while boasting about being 4th best (lol) in your class, doesn't make any sense. Because if it was so easy, there would be no need for that statement.

    Also, how is the knowledge of avg. AH post per person "common knowledge".

    Lastly, you just had to add being 4th best, right?

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    You know that you contradict yourself. Saying it's common knowledge while boasting about being 4th best (lol) in your class, doesn't make any sense. Because if it was so easy, there would be no need for that statement.

    Also, how is the knowledge of avg. AH post per person "common knowledge".

    Lastly, you just had to add being 4th best, right?
    Quite clearly says he was "4rd" best. If you dont know what "4rd" stands for in that context, you shouldn't comment, and are probably some public school pleb.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Quite clearly says he was "4rd" best. If you dont know what "4rd" stands for in that context, you shouldn't comment, and are probably some public school pleb.
    How do you know my education? Maybe, just maybe I from a different country, and one could've interpreted the 'rd' as a mistake.

    But yes I am a public school pleb, all up to my doctorate in EE, i never had to pay money for education, since i don't live in a shithole, where education is not free.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    I think you're missing his point?

    First - "1st"
    Second - "2nd"
    Third - "3rd"
    Fourth - "4th"
    Fifth - "5th"
    etc.

    You're talking about being educated yet you ranked 4"rd" in your class... You also talk about "educated" people not needing to provide references for common knowledge.

    Forgive me, but you did not place "4rd" in your class. You placed 4th (fourth).

    If anything is common knowledge, that certainly is.
    You are forgiven.

    Uneducated have the mistaken belief that commonly known knowledge needs to be sourced. This is incorrect. If it is commonly known, then why would a source be needed. I know it's difficult, but think about it for a minute. You will get it. An example of knowledge that would need to be sourced.

    Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    ...Classic has 40 billion active players, trouncing Retail's 39 billion...
    This person has made a claim that contradicts what people believe. He needs to prove that what he is saying is real. No proof? Troll and should be reported as such.

    What I have claimed is that WoW had about 250K. This is common knowledge through this website that addons have confirmed this. People have tried to shout this down but provide no evidence. It is common knowledge. My own data, which is accurate as I came 4rd in my data analysis paper, supports this.

    You are welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    How do you know my education?

    But yes I am a public school pleb.
    Its right there, right there in your reply. Just one line below. You outlined it quite well, at least for someone from the public school system.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    Superdata reports a 223% subscription increase (over tripling) August as opposed to July. I don't think its a leap in logic to attribute most of that to Classic. Unless you think retail only had ~100k active players or less, which is completely mad, Classic clearly had more than 250k-300k at launch.

    Now, i still question Classic's staying power, especially since we're probably down at least half the active players from launch, probably more. But it is completely mad to estimate classic only had 250k active players at launch. Ditto with estimating retail currently has 250k active players. There are more than 50 servers, not sure how there were only ~5k per server when the majority had queues and some of the queues were over 10000 deep.

    I'd estimate somewhere between 1-2.5m, with maybe 400-750k still actively playing (logging in weekly) Classic. Which is a very wide range, yes, but it's hard to make an accurate estimate with the data we have.
    Is this the same "source" that uses a youtubers video as their source?

  19. #79
    I can't remember the last time I bothered with the cesspool that is the Auction House... on classic or retail. And I know a lot of other people who never use it anymore, too.

    So yeah, awesome source for judging populations. Good call, man.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Hahaha.. Best joke ever.

    It have never been above 250K, probably much less.
    =>
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Considering there was 250 K people in the queues alone just in Europe by the first week, I'd say your calculations are terribly shit.
    Though I expect you're just a troll and not making any actual argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Even if there were 50 ppl in every zone that would only be 2000 total, hell make it 50 per faction and its 4k total. If every server had 4k total players it would be super crowded but would still be way short of 1million or even close to that total players
    You realize that 50 people is the cap DISPLAYED and not the cap of players able to be in a zone ?
    And that it only displays people from the same faction than the one checking ?

    Also there were, as I said, about 250k people in the EU queues during the first week. Probably the same in the US, which makes 500K together.
    With about 60+ realms nearly all at full capacity. So yeah, re-check your numbers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    The key number missing here is the actual population cap per realm / layer. If we had that, we could make a pretty good estimation of the players being simultaneously on line during peak hours, now as it is we can be greatly mistaken.
    Some people with the use of census, tried to check at which point the queues appeared (and so the max capacity of a realm).
    They reached 15000, but I don't remember if it was before or after Blizzard increased the server size in the second week (I think it was after, though, but nothing definitive).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Notdev View Post
    I'd estimate somewhere between 1-2.5m, with maybe 400-750k still actively playing (logging in weekly) Classic. Which is a very wide range, yes, but it's hard to make an accurate estimate with the data we have.
    Remember that the 1-2,5 M you give is a number of concurrent players (queues + realms at full capacity means it's how many people are playing at the same instant T) while "weekly" is about active players, which is MASSIVELY higher (count about triple).
    We're still in the range of 400-750 CONCURRENT players right now, so if speak of active players you can pump these numbers up a good deal.
    Last edited by Akka; 2019-10-17 at 07:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •