Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    i like how the video starts with: not nuclear war, just one explosion. (i guess implying terrorism or accident?)

and then proceeds to: 2km fireball, which translates to a 1Mt weapon, which is much much larger than a modern warhead of around 100-300kt, and a north korean weapon would top out at 100-150kt too, and a terrorist weapon is more likely to be less then a kiloton.

obligatory http://www.nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-10-17 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    There's nothing funnier than a bunch of fucks going "achtuallyyyyy" despite the fact that the entire video is based on a hypothetical in order to convince the common person to strive for nuclear disarmament. The whole video (and the sponsor) was leading toward something.

Nearly all of Kurzgesagt's videos are hypotheticals too. Like it's not that deep, bros.
    agreed. people missing the point here.

Nothing brought more peace to the world than the addition of nukes. It keeps all the global powers in check because a nuclear war would destroy them as well as the target.

Pray that technology never advances to the point where ICBMs can be effectively intercepted, because at that point the global powers won't be afraid of eachother anymore.

Denuclearization is retarded. That's like going into a wild west town and leaving your gun at the entrance.

Lets imagine countries getting rid of nukes.

So what will happen?

NATO has been building bases and stockpiling ammo right near Russian border. Russia didn't invest much because they have nukes and they know NATO is just doing it for PR. Without nukes NATO countries would immediately attack Russia because they know Russia has rather small army and huge territory they can't protect, with lots of natural resources to loot and pillage.

US economy is in danger because of rise of China and there is nothing US can do about it. Currently they are kicking and screaming, spreading anti-China propaganda. Without nukes to deter invasion, US would attack China. No country can match US military.

So without nukes we are looking at next world war. Nukes are the only thing keeping world peace. Whole video is exaggerated bullshit showing only one side of argument.
    Last edited by BoltBlaster; 2019-10-17 at 02:02 PM.
    Vegetarian is actually an ancient native American word, meaning "bad hunter".

@horbindr @Sygmar @BoltBlaster

This thread is not about nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post

But it is. I actually watched that video, including ending. Entire video is about promoting anti-nuke movement and they used lots of misleading info / exaggeration to do that. Did you only look at shiny animations and missed that part?
    Last edited by BoltBlaster; 2019-10-17 at 03:47 PM.
    Vegetarian is actually an ancient native American word, meaning "bad hunter".

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    But it is. I actually watched that video, including ending. Entire video is about promoting anti-nuke movement and they used lots of misleading info / exaggeration to do that. Did you only look at shiny animations and missed that part?
    Good that you watched the video. Now read the damn text I wrote in the OP as well!

The Unstoppable Force breadisfunny's Avatar

so you posted a video about nuclear weapons but are insisting this thread isn't about nuclear weapons.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so you posted a video about nuclear weapons but are insisting this thread isn't about nuclear weapons.
    You, too, need to learn that when OP writes some text, it might actually say something.

You, too, need to learn that when OP writes some text, it might actually say something.
    if you didn't want this to be about nuclear weapons why did you post a video about it?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

if you didn't want this to be about nuclear weapons why did you post a video about it?
    Read. /10char

Read. /10char
    answer my question. you seem awfully defensive about this. also i read the text already.

answer my question. you seem awfully defensive about this. also i read the text already.
    Then if you still think the talking point of this thread is about the video itself, you're having comprehension issues. That's something I can't fix in a few lines here.

Then if you still think the talking point of this thread is about the video itself, you're having comprehension issues. That's something I can't fix in a few lines here.
    you still havent answered my question.

yOu StIlL hAvEnT aNsWeReD mY qUeStIoN.
    Segue, plot device, example. This would have been answered a day ago if you simply read and understood my text. But there you go, I spelled it out. I hope you're happy now.