Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hated the Azerite traits unlocking with neck level (since if a Mythic version of a HC azerite item dropped it could be a downgrade for a week or more) but liked the thing with Essences since the Minor slots were a pretty beefy upgrade. So while the start wasn't as good, 8.2 made it better (still some shitty methods to obtain them, would prefer to see better sources from some, maybe even have each profession be able to craft one)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Honestly they should stop having increased level caps and just institute a mastery system involving AP, with a hard cap.

I feel like that may have been their intent at some point in the development of Legion (because 100 was a perfect number to stop at) but then they just added 10 more levels anyway. With the likely squish coming, maybe it's time for the mastery system.

Don't mind it tbh, otherwise would probably stop playing sooner, although I would like it accountwide NOT per character.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    In Legion we had the AP for artifacts, and in BFA we had the AP for necks. How would you like to see the AP system moving forward?

Should Blizzard stick to the same AP formula we've all grown with, or alter it, or remove it?
    Remove it.

AP was one of the lamest elements of Legion, and continuing it in BfA just provided further proof how lazy and cheap Blizz has become.

One of the chief problems with AP is what it replaced...any drops or rewards of potential interest. It basically becomes yet another currency...so when I complete a long involved quest chain, I get a bit of gold and a bit of alt-gold (aka AP) which is not really rewarding at all and an important reason why everything in BfA feels so pointless.

Remove it. As someone who used to play frequently, but had to take a break, the game is 100% less enjoyable when I come back to a game where playing catch-up on a single piece of gear that controls specific abilities is required, and no matter what I'll still remain behind. I understand there will be some catching up to do, but to be so far behind, and remain so far behind is not a good mechanic. Especially if you're just going to do auto catch-up in a later patch. I know there's always going to be some kind of grind in each expansion, but when it comes to gear, I just want my gear slots to be normal gear slots, not some grindy, time sink that requires hours a day to stay relevant. I'd prefer my hours go towards mythic+/raids which provide my gear.
    Last edited by Droodid; 2019-10-18 at 01:37 PM.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would like AP to stay because I like the concept of the "always progressing" feel it gives you.
    But, in practice with current implementation, it's more of a roadblock than anything else.
    It got better over time, sure, but that doesn't mean it's good.

What I would like to see is an AP system as a grindable currency.
    Go back to the Glyph model, with major and minor slots, and allow AP to be used to buy those.
    Each Glyph can have a set price, so if you see one you want, save up and buy it.
    Make it cost AP each time you want to swap them out as well, so there's always a need for it, even if it's lesser for some.

AP should then be considered a "soft cap" currency, where each week you can get X amount at a standard pace, then beyond that, you can still accrue it but at a heavily reduced rate.
    This allows people who want to grind it out the ability to do so while those who don't have the time/desire to do so can aim for weekly caps and be done with it.
    Then, give it a hard cap so you either choose to spend some to get more or just sit at hard cap and stop earning it.

With each content patch, I would then expand upon the Glyphs to allow then to be ranked up, so AP can then be used to empower them further.
    The amount of empowerment would of course need scaled so it's not completely night and day between Rank 1 and Rank 2, but it would further give AP a reason to be earned and used.

The catchup mechanic that can then be introduced is, with each content patch, the previous content patch's Rank is cheaper to buy.
    So for instance if Rank 1 during 9.0 costs 1000 AP, once 9.1 hits and Rank 2 becomes available, Rank 1 would only cost 200 AP, with Rank 2 costing 1000 AP.
    That way, those who roll alts or stop playing for a hot minute can catch up relatively quickly without such a big gate preventing them from getting the Glyphs of their choice.

Shit loads more would need fleshed out, with number tunings and such, but I feel this would be a better AP approach.
    Earn it all xpac long, it has uses, but it doesn't make or break your character by way of gated thresholds preventing access to useful effects.
    Since it applies to your character and not gear, you won't have that weird scenario where a Normal item is better than a Heroic item because the normal one is fully unlocked.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    In Legion we had the AP for artifacts, and in BFA we had the AP for necks. How would you like to see the AP system moving forward?

Should Blizzard stick to the same AP formula we've all grown with, or alter it, or remove it?
    Kill AP with snipers, throw its warm remains into a cliff, then set the entire place on fire. I'm sick of this AP !@#$.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I would personally like to see the AP system removed from gear, and added to expansion faction rep. I always felt that going from neutral > Honored> Revered> Exalted with factions felt pointless (outside of unlocking flying/allied races). This could help rep grinds feel more rewarding.

As you gain rep with a faction you would gain bonuses, related to that faction. Either abilities, cosmetic items, or QoL (faster movement speed, portals between locations, etc.). These rewards would progressively get better the higher your rep got. Also once you reached Exalted you could continue grinding cosmetic items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trinket or ring would be right on money. Hopefully spec based on-use effect.

Also AP is fine, gives a necessary meaningful progression outside raids.

Fudging hell man, all the whining in here about something you don't have to grind out being a grind. It's a circle jerk and you're using each other's tears for lube.

Oh yeah......AP is terrible.....ugh....yeah.....i hate that i can do it at my own speed......but have somehow created the idea that if I don't grind it i'm a let down to all of WoW........yeah.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    No, seriously, what am I missing here?

All the way up to Legion, PvE was about getting yourself geared via dungeons and raids, with the occasional currency you'd also farm in various forms of content to acquire other gear.

Suddenly not having a feature akin to AP is "WoD 2.0"? The game existed without this nonsense for years...
    Exactly. A lack of an AP doesn't lead to WoD 2.0. The problem with WoD was having almost all content outside of raids tied to the garrison.
    Last edited by illidanwasright; 2019-10-18 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    i would like them to expand on legion model, basically givin us 3 classic talent trees but that you unlock not with level but with ap
    This! Exactly. Could even straight up replace getting new levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first started playing wow I did it for the adventure, the RPing, Grouping with friends, not to Grind Grind Grind. I didn't really mind it in Legion because TBH, Legion was pretty good and the AP grind was new and I really didn't know what to expect. With BFA the grind has just about caused me to quit because that is all I feel like I'm doing. So much time invested with such a low payoff. I really don't think I could tolerate another WOW that is 90% grind (meaningless grind) and 10% everything else. I may jump ship after 12 years. TBH before I put myself through that nonsense again I'll just get a PS4, Xbox one and switch. Hell, because of WOW I've missed a Lot of good/great games over the years. Might be time to catch up. Give me a Good WOW expansion with Minimal Grind, Good Quests and Raids and stick around for another few years. Just have to wait and see. My 2cents anyways.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    What do you mean it's not worth it, wtf.
    The talent system is over in a day. Is that also not worth it? How would the current Essence system not be worth it if they just gave it to us and let us customize it however we want?
    I'm saying that if the content is consumed in one week then it's not worth spending months of development time to design and implement it.
    What do you mean the talent system is over in a day? It takes time to level a character.
    If I had access to the entire essence system instantly then I would have gotten bored very quickly. It's good to have goals to progress towards and to gain power over time.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Get rid of it, I don’t need another white dragon to chase in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    What do you mean the talent system is over in a day? It takes time to level a character.
    Great, it's a guy talking about leveling experience in a 15 year old game when someone is talking about endgame systems again. How very much talking about the same fucking thing we are.

But clearly, your opinion of acquiring stuff being more fun than my opinion of just having stuff and min/maxing / adapting to situations being fun is obviously.... just the right opinion. Like, there's really no arguing with your convincing points a la I wouldn't like it that way, you're clearly wrong, what you're saying is not worth it.