View Poll Results: Mental Reprogramming has nothing to do with Human Rights?

Voters
5. This poll is closed
  • Yes, this would violate the "rights" of I rapists, murderers, mamers and that's bad

3 60.00%
  • Murderers, rapists, mamers are of ZERO concern, but there are other ethical issues

2 40.00%
  • unsure

0 0%

Poll: The issue with criminal mental reprogramming is NOT related to "HuMAn RiGHtS"

So I am still pretty angry over trashy raiders in my guild and the fact that even after a few days they are still libeling me as being a bad or tyrannical guild leader when it was a decision I made with other officers of the guild. I am also angry that people outside my immediate community (co workers, family, and my guild and server) think me wanting to forcibly reprogram rapists, murderers, terrorists and other grievous assaulter some how violates "HUmAN RigHts" with some idiots ironically thinking if I decide to push to enact these policies, I would be just as bad as the people I want to use it on which is absurd.

Here's the thing: I am OK with people taking issue with it being possibly abused in the future by governments, that is a moral objection. But to argue it violates human rights fundamentally misunderstands what human rights even are. Human rights are dependent on what crimes you commit. The more egregious the crime, the more rights you basically waiver. I genuinely do not fucking understand why SJWs and leftists are so against the moral issues associated with forced reprogramming. Did these victims of these criminals ever get fair treatment? Did they ever get their consent? NO they did fucking not.

We should have more sympathy for the victims than for the guilty.

I'm going to be real with you here. The possibility of altering the mind is not necessarily going to just be used to punish the worst criminals. I would like to be able to modify my own mental state, many will too. But as you know, medicine carries risks. I want to experiment on the worst of the worst. I personally don't think we will harm them in the process, as we will do animal models up before we start using it on the worst of the worst. But I'd rather take such criminals to be experimented on than risk it on myself or another innocent person.

As innocent people who do plenty of good in society, our lives are fundamentally far more valuable than those who rape, murder, or grievously assault. This will be for the greater good of society which is a philosophy that hyper rational people harbor. I belief is when it's considered safe, would be used on a large scale against all of those who murder, rape, or mane. We will be able to get a sufficient sample size to determine whether this is safe enough for innocent people to start using them to modify our own mental state, whether to enhance mood, or other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic-RaidLead View Post
    Human rights are dependent on what crimes you commit.
    Human rights aren't dependent on anything other than being human.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

So I am still pretty angry over trashy raiders in my guild and the fact that even after a few days they are still libeling me as being a bad or tyrannical guild leader when it was a decision I made with other officers of the guild. I am also angry that people outside my immediate community (co workers, family, and my guild and server) think me wanting to forcibly reprogram rapists, murderers, terrorists and other grievous assaulter some how violates "HUmAN RigHts" with some idiots ironically thinking if I decide to push to enact these policies, I would be just as bad as the people I want to use it on which is absurd.
    Typical of trashy people like you to project their trashiness on others.
    Here's the thing: I am OK with people taking issue with it being possibly abused in the future by governments, that is a moral objection. But to argue it violates human rights fundamentally misunderstands what human rights even are. Human rights are dependent on what crimes you commit. The more egregious the crime, the more rights you basically waiver. I genuinely do not fucking understand why SJWs and leftists are so against the moral issues associated with forced reprogramming. Did these victims of these criminals ever get fair treatment? Did they ever get their consent? NO they did fucking not.
    Yeah, let's pretend there are never false positives in any justice system.

As innocent people who do plenty of good in society
    Here's the catch, you are not "innocent people". Not even close. Hopefully, in the case there's mental reprogramming, it will at least be first used on deviants and sociopaths like you.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Will pass on participating in your anger issues.

I am very serious when I say that this post shows that you are a deeply troubled individual, and that moderators should probably alert the authorities on this before you inevitably turn into a case of breaking news.

Typical of trashy people like you to project their trashiness on others.
    I've done plenty of good in the world. I work a 50 hours a week, I own my own house, I lead a successful guild and raid and have been since Vanilla. I had a pretty good reputation. I've done other good things in physical reality.

Yeah, let's pretend there are never false positives in any justice system.
    By the time we figure out how to fix bad thoughts, we can check their memory combined with DNA and video evidence to determine guilt

Here's the catch, you are not "innocent people". Not even close. Hopefully, in the case there's mental reprogramming, it will at least be first used on deviants and sociopaths like you.
    Define "Innocent", I'm innocent, I do not commit harm against others, I do not violate the rights of others and I do not advocate the violation of other's rights unless they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by treclolx View Post
    I am very serious when I say that this post shows that you are a deeply troubled individual, and that moderators should probably alert the authorities on this before you inevitably turn into a case of breaking news.
    Yup. It reads as "add me to a watch list immediately"

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be significantly worse. Hitler-level "worse".

Here's the thing: I am OK with people taking issue with it being possibly abused in the future by governments, that is a moral objection. But to argue it violates human rights fundamentally misunderstands what human rights even are. Human rights are dependent on what crimes you commit.
    Yeah, no. That isn't how rights work, at all. You don't lose your rights when you're convicted of a crime. If you could, they wouldn't be inalienable rights, in the first place.

The more egregious the crime, the more rights you basically waiver. I genuinely do not fucking understand why SJWs and leftists are so against the moral issues associated with forced reprogramming. Did these victims of these criminals ever get fair treatment? Did they ever get their consent? NO they did fucking not.
    Here, you're basically just arguing that you should be able to victimize criminals because those criminals victimized others first.

The rest of us take issue with the concept of victimization, itself. You're just another form of criminal, here.

I'm going to be real with you here. The possibility of altering the mind is not necessarily going to just be used to punish the worst criminals. I would like to be able to modify my own mental state, many will too. But as you know, medicine carries risks. I want to experiment on the worst of the worst. I personally don't think we will harm them in the process, as we will do animal models up before we start using it on the worst of the worst. But I'd rather take such criminals to be experimented on than risk it on myself or another innocent person.
    Literally the basis of Mengele's atrocities.

Just so we're clear that I'm not exaggerating in the least when I say you're advocating for Nazi-level horrors.

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread will be closed.
    Thread topics should not be opened as a way to vent about irl disagreements with peers.
    Additionally, be mindful of how you discuss sensitive topics. Promoting harm is not an appropriate way to start discussion.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."