Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

So Riot Games just announced like 4 games...

So if u unaware and didnt watch the riot games 10th anniversary stream, in that stream they announced like 4 different games. A card game, a fighter game, something that looked like an ARPG, and a freaking shooter! As well as an animated series. vids provided below;

the shooter

the animated series

small snippets of the figher game and seemingly ARPG, im not sure what it is. however its intresting to note that before they revealed the games they were talking about all the games everyone at riot enjoyed, and they all mentioned card games, shooters, figher games etc... and also mmoprgs. now its unsure if this is an ARPGmmo but yolo.

and finally the card game

enjoy

- - - Updated - - -

i need a new mmo

I'm looking forward to the top-down game and fighter the most, simply because I haven't seen how they work yet. The tactical shooter doesn't fit abilities so I assume it'll fail like every Korean version did all these years, or just gather a niche market with Riot's other games keeping it alive - while the card game has pretty basic and boring looks, the back and forth reacting to what someone did is actually really cool. The animated series also looks generic but I'll probably take a gander since their quality of animation is pretty great.

Also I'll probably try out LoL on console when it comes out, probably by 2021 sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I'm looking forward to the top-down game and fighter the most, simply because I haven't seen how they work yet. The tactical shooter doesn't fit abilities so I assume it'll fail like every Korean version did all these years, or just gather a niche market with Riot's other games keeping it alive - while the card game has pretty basic and boring looks, the back and forth reacting to what someone did is actually really cool. The animated series also looks generic but I'll probably take a gander since their quality of animation is pretty great.

Also I'll probably try out LoL on console when it comes out, probably by 2021 sadly.
    yea im also intrested at the top down, to see if its an diablo style mmo or not

I find it so boring that the genre of these games are so obvious. It's like they look at twitch viewer number rank and decide to make games for respective genre.

They are selling their stuff well. I'm interested.

The TfT game they came out with recently is very good. What bothered me about it was the lead dev who did not quite understand the game he was lead dev of, and had to constantly be explained his own game to himself. I hope that their next projects make sure to at least have a dev on the team that plays at the highest mmr and understands all the minutia of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Welcome to the game industry that is completely steered from casual gaming now
    I mean casual game don't have to be obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I find it so boring that the genre of these games are so obvious. It's like they look at twitch viewer number rank and decide to make games for respective genre.
    Obvious, but there are heavy chances each one will flop or do mediocre. Especially when it comes to that fighting game.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Obvious, but there are heavy chances each one will flop or do mediocre. Especially when it comes to that fighting game.
    riot is so big now and league of legends is huge so i dont think it will be like those other standard korean versions or whatever other versions there are, riot already has a fanbase ready to go. Im curious what blizzcon holds. its time for blizzard to kick back and show us whats up

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    riot is so big now and league of legends is huge so i dont think it will be like those other standard korean versions or whatever other versions there are, riot already has a fanbase ready to go. Im curious what blizzcon holds. its time for blizzard to kick back and show us whats up
    I hope Blizzard does not do something like this. At least bring something surprising. At least when Hearthstone was announced, there was a genuine moment of WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    Riot is pretty huge, and while I'm sure the tactical shooter will do fine in eastern markets (Hint: There is a trend there), the west may not like it. Or maybe both won't, but who knows - it's clear as day that a lot of these games are meant to appeal to the eastern market and the western too.

I wake up to this news? Amazing.

I saw a Blitzcrank on a upper view using melee attacks...im interested in that one...if its not a mobile game.
    Also VERY interested in the card game, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

I saw a Blitzcrank on a upper view using melee attacks...im interested in that one...if its not a mobile game.
    hopefully its a diablo mmo style game :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

LoL, TFT and the card game is all coming to mobile so almost certain the other games will as well, every western developer is now racing for the china mobile market

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Welcome to the game industry that is completely steered from casual gaming now
    "completely steered from casual" ? Almost every remotely popular game right now is a casual game on phones or consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The best way to cash in on millions of fans that will buy whatever you do just because you did it is to churn out low hanging fruit.
    It doesn't need to be amazing when it will make a profit from pre-orders alone.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Now that's what I'm talking about! I was so fed up with all the remasters and relaunches going around... New games is what we need!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Now that's what I'm talking about! I was so fed up with all the remasters and relaunches going around... New games is what we need!!
    ye we need another fps, card game and fighting game that are just generic copies of everything else thats popular on twitch right now

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    ye we need another fps, card game and fighting game that are just generic copies of everything else thats popular on twitch right now
    Do you prefer remasters/relaunches of the same shit instead? Because I for sure don't...

riot plz give me an mmo

Boy thats like generic microtransaction farm genre bingo across the board. Tencent must be happy.