Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Blizzard double dip in fucking up night elf and forsaken fans simultaneously.

I genuinely don't understand the purpose of these characters. Why did Sylvanas even bother raising them and why was such a big deal made of their hopelessness or whatever if she was going to ditch them anyway? Did Blizzard just abort the plotline because of the backlash but then decide that they could still use this to kick the night elves while they're down so they made their change of heart be about Calia? If they weren't mind-controlled then why would they join the Horde and why would the Alliance take them back? If that was their free will and they were such messes, why didn't they stay with Sylvanas as raid fodder henchmen?
    They just want to prop up their lightforged MILF no matter how.
    "The heart of the Horde" = Alliance-approved Horde

You know you are fucked when even troll sympathizers start to feel sorry for the Night Elf story
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Anduin sent help to Darkshore five minutes after he told Tyrande he can't send help to Darkshore because the Alliance is already stretched too thin. Meaning that he overextended for the sake of the Night Elves.

Yeah, the faction that is pushed again and again as the paragon of all that is awesome and a model of what a faction should be like, to the point the Horde is consistently more and more Alliance-ified whenever Blizzard decides to tout how systemically wrong the Horde is without the guidance of a teenage human twerp like Anduin is totes a victim of the story. Where are you people seeing this Horde focus and Horde's lack of neglect?

The Horde's goddamn story in this expansion is that we needed Anduin to explain to us not only what honor is about, but what the Horde itself is about. And then the anti-Alliance Horde members got lobotomized on the spot by Anduin's mere presence, forgetting their grievances against the Alliance that made them follow Sylvanas to the end in an instant. That's some mighty focus you got here. But somehow I get the feeling that if Alliance received such a focus we'd still heard tales of HORDE BIAS Outer God coming to eat us.

Here's to hoping that just like Shandris fawning over the Rambo shit joke of a character this won't hit live.

Yeah, I really struggle to see what the point of turning them into "Forsaken" was in the first place. At least if they remained some of the few Forsaken still loyal to Sylvanas that would just get some bonus lulz points. Plus at least then there'd be some purpose to Sylvanas raising them to begin with.

Gilneas wasn't retaken in a book. In Before the Storm Genn outright said that Gilneas is home to the Forsaken.
    You can try and throw sarcasm around all you like but there IS Horde bias and while it might vary in degree it is a present fact.

Yeah, I really struggle to see what the point of turning them into "Forsaken" was in the first place. At least if they remained some of the few Forsaken still loyal to Sylvanas that would just get some bonus lulz points. Plus at least then there'd be some purpose to Sylvanas raising them to begin with.
    The whole bit about hope or lack thereof as a criterion was never intended, far as I see it. I.e, Sylvanas was not meant to take anyone with her the way we know she does some Dark Rangers in the loyalist version as the loyalist quests weren't supposed to happen. So while following her rationale in that quest, the undead night elves would be as hopeless as it gets and be viable followers, given that they were willing to off their kin because they were so sad, that rationale, much like that quest, was never meant to be available. Which only makes it more nonsensical why Delaryn was raised and had so many parallels with Sylvanas in the first place if she was just going to find jesus with Calia. Except more character shilling for that execrable Purity Sue, I mean.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    You can try and throw sarcasm around all you like but there IS Horde bias and while it might vary in degree it is a present fact.
    Ah, there IS? I guess CAPS makes it a "present fact". Mea culpa

How sublimely condescending. I simply do not wish to dive into a text-wall argument with you since you are the type of person who considers any yellow liquid being lemonade even when it comes not from a bottle at all.

Because in the end even with Saurfang's army they didn't have the forces to defeat rest of the Horde. The victory at Zandalar came too late the Alliance military was already on its last legs according to Genn.

With the destruction of the Alliance fleet they lost the only chance at winning the war.

How sublimely condescending. I simply do not wish to dive into a text-wall argument with you since you are the type of person who considers any yellow liquid being lemonade even when it comes not from a bottle at all.
    What wall of text argument? My previous reply to you was whooping two paragraphs long. So let's be honest here. You don't want to enter into any argument. As that would showcase that you don't actually have one. Because what you've got is an inane conspiracy theory that you have zero real evidence for.

And the remark in bold would make much more sense and have much more validity to it if it didn't come from someone who sees """""proof""""" of HORDE BIAS under every virtual rock in WoW. To the point where an expansion that made the Horde lose a war with the Alliance, Alliance-ified all its races, turned all its remaining leaders into Alliance's boot-lickers and is going to make an Alliance-leaning character like Calia a replacement for Sylvanas as Forsaken racial leader is somehow chief example of aforementioned HORDE BIAS. Right next to Cataclysm giving some Alliance's zones to the Horde (even though that was done in order to fix an actual zone imbalance that favored of the Alliance). But since it did, that remark is essentially meaningless. And rather ironic.

What wall of text argument? My previous reply to you was whooping two paragraphs long. So let's be honest here. You don't want to enter into any argument. As that would showcase that you don't actually have one. Because what you've got is an inane conspiracy theory that you have zero real evidence for.

And the remark in bold would make much more sense and have much more validity to it if it didn't come from someone who sees """""proof""""" of HORDE BIAS under every virtual rock in WoW. To the point where an expansion that made the Horde lose a war with the Alliance, Alliance-ified all its races, turned all its remaining leaders into Alliance's boot-lickers and is going to make an Alliance-leaning character like Calia a replacement for Sylvanas as Forsaken racial leader is somehow chief example of aforementioned HORDE BIAS. Right next to Cataclysm giving some Alliance's zones to the Horde (even though that was done in order to fix an actual zone imbalance that favored of the Alliance). But since it did, that remark is essentially meaningless. And rather ironic.
    Yeah nice “loss” for the Horde when Alliance apparently was so weak they couldnt even defeat Sylvans forces alone and had to beg Horde Rebels for help. Also how Anduin betrayed his allies and sold them out with his “peace” while also forgiving all atrocities in one gesture.

Yeah nice “loss” for the Horde when Alliance apparently was so weak they couldnt even defeat Sylvans forces alone and had to beg Horde Rebels for help. Also how Anduin betrayed his allies and sold them out with his “peace” while also forgiving all atrocities in one gesture.
    Do notice how at now point have I said anything about the story for the Alliance being particularly better. But I guess in the choice between "the story is overall shit" and "the story for the Horde is oh, so amazing and the only reason why it isn't the case for the Alliance is a conspiracy by Blizzard" the latter makes more sense.

Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I dunno why but everytime alliance posters talk about "horde bias" and are dead serious i have mental imagine of alex jones in alliance shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I've heard this countless times now as a critique of BFA and i don't understand it at all. Lets look at a timeline of events.

1. Azerite appears, both the Horde and Alliance start gathering it
    2. It effects Sylvanas in a particular way and she ends up surprise attacking Teldrassil (Alliance lose here)
    3. The Alliance then rallies and raids Lordaeron in an equal fight, sacking the place and will likely soon reclaim it for the alliance (Clear Alliance victory)
    4. The two factions then recruit the two Island nations
    5. During the War Campaign, the horde honestly does very little. Much of it is focused on the useless San'layn allies and Gallywix's greed. meanwhile the Alliance set up for an attack on Dazar'alor (very clearly not passive here. I'd say Alliance easily had the more aggressive and dominant war campaign)
    6. During this time, Arathi Highlands is being fought over. I don't know who wins in lore, but we can safely say neither faction was passive here.
    7. The Battle of Dazar'alor. Do i even need to talk about this one? Alliance literally raid the Horde's new allies' Capital, decimate their fleet, slaughter their people and kill their king. They get away with it pretty scot-free, too. This is losing? This is passive?
    8. Darkshore events. While the Horde struggle to hold the place, Tyrande literally goes fucking super saiyen and starts slaughtering the horde with Malfurion in tow. Again, don't know who wins in lore, but just from the outside, we can safely say the Alliance won here.
    9. The Nazjatar intro. Its literally the horde fleeing for their lives. Is this passive? Is this losing?
    10. Finally, we team up to fight Azshara.

Other things to add:

- Incursions, both factions gave as good as they got.
    - The new battleground, both factions gave as good as they got.
    - Islands, both factions gave as good as they got.

Lets also look at the over-all theme of the quests.

Kul'Tiras' questlines end with the nation united again under a new Lord Admiral. Their fleet is at the ready, Jaina is mary-sue levels of powerful and moral is at an all time high.

Meanwhile, on Zandalar, my boy Rezan gets got almost immediately. The rest of the questlines are basically a mad struggle against the inevitable darkness that does indeed come. The advisor to the King, Zul, is found a traitor. Their royal bloodline is enslaved to a death god, Bwonsomdi. The protective seals over their Kingdom are broken and G'huun is released. The only thing that could bring moral lower, is if a huge faction come out of nowhere and kill King Rastakhan. Boy, i hope that doesn't happen in a few months.

Lets also look at the behind the scenes shit - Saurfangs rebellion. This does nothing but weaken the horde and strengthen the alliance. Alliance over-night essentially becomes twice as strong as the Horde. Saurfang literally only existed up to the Mak'gora because we allowed him to.

So, lets hear it - i keep hearing it, now argue it. Tell me why you keep saying the Alliance was passive and lost in BFA.
    My argument that I’ve been stating since the beginning of bfa: this thread is why horde vs alliance plot was stupid. There was no way one side was ever going to win decisively, they were just going to make it this whole big sloppy shitshow that doesn’t really lead anywhere.

Sure a couple cities changed hands, but until we learn what Sylvanas is up to we don’t actually even have the first clue what is going on, because there was always some other story that was going to pop up and dominate the narrative and we still don’t fucking know what it is other than “N’Zoth bad, Azeroth good.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I dunno why but everytime alliance posters talk about "horde bias" and are dead serious i have mental imagine of alex jones in alliance shirt.
    I can't unsee this now.

Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I can't unsee this now.
    "Its the bias-bomb baby".

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "Its the bias-bomb baby".
    It's a globalist agenda to get elves into every faction, element, and nation....

The Lightbringer
    The Alliance won. The Horde's completely and utterly cucked, even worse than the Alliance because as bad as Anduin is, as spineless and softcock as he is, he's at least his own man. Now the Horde are a limpwristed version of him (Baine) or just outright led by Alliance characters (Calia and her husbando). The Elves are either irrelevant or wanting to ditch the Horde for being barbarian simpletons every 5 minutes but then don't because of reasons.

Yeah yeah the Horde got to burn down the tree and not have anything done back to them until they make Tyrande a villain for actually standing up for herself and being done with the Horde's shit but nope, the Horde really got nothing. What did burning that tree realllllllly get them? Cucked hard as a faction. They're now a Red Alliance in every sense right down to their leaders being hamstrung softies or dead, just like Alliance leaders. Tyrande's even going to take a huge shit on them at some point and they're going to have to cry to the Alliance for help. It's even unsatisfying for the other faction too, even further cementing them as being a Red Alliance.

Face it, the Horde lost. The Alliance lost a tree and were forced to give the Horde a pass over it because some Horde died. It's actually worth it to see the Horde get cucked this hard.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.