Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    what do you mean by „hybrid spec“? someone who invests alot of points in more than 1 tree? or classes in general, who are considered to be hybrids?
    It is implied in the context you know that... I apologize if the Title is misleading.

It is about specs like shadow, elemental, balance, etc...

Edited and no comments...
    Last edited by Alexplode; 2019-10-19 at 07:02 AM.

Short answer, yes it would hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    There is a large difference between adding/removing things and just tuning numbers to have things balanced.

I find most idiots that argue against class balancing are the ones that just chose the "best" dps class and are scared that they'll be outted for being trash if any other class actually competed with them on a level playing field.
    Other than calling these people idiots, that's also my take on the topic. Most people who are against the mana changes are rogues/mages/warriors, with a select few going for the "they will be OP in PvP" angle. Either way, I truly believe that if Blizzard goes for Classic+ in terms of content, they are bound to make class changes of one form or another.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    No but the specs where at least playable. Can't speak for arcane mages in that expansion, they seemed non-existent until Wrath.
    arcane was actually pretty good with the t5 set.

but otherwise yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Other than calling these people idiots, that's also my take on the topic. Most people who are against the mana changes are rogues/mages/warriors, with a select few going for the "they will be OP in PvP" angle. Either way, I truly believe that if Blizzard goes for Classic+ in terms of content, they are bound to make class changes of one form or another.
    sure, once classic is for all intents and purposes "over"

the next phase could have changes.
    but until then, it would just create an avalanche.

if you balance one class/spec you'll have to keep balancing all of them.

and that's an endless loop, since as you can see even 15 years later the game isnt exactly balanced(just less imbalanced)

Fix any "problem" you have with specs and the content will be even easier. It will not be fun for long IMO. Let's not burn players out too fast plz

no. learn to manage mana

Quote Originally Posted by Alexplode View Post
    Hello, 1st post on a wow forum since I lost posting privileges on AJ during WOTLK lol.

Anyway,

Wouldn't that make your classic experience better?.

Is it going to hurt your nostalgia or gameplay?.

Wouldn't that make raids and other content more fun?

Thoughts?
    Yes it would hurt because it's simply, not, meant to be that way. Since the endgame is so much PvE of modern WoW, it's farily easy to bog down into this.
    But, the mana issue is for raids ONLY, and really only for raids. You can perfectly well dps as an elemental, enhancement, retribution, moonkin, shadow priest in dungeons. Perfectly well. Most raids even have an enhance shammy, spriest, oomkin for buffing stuff. I don't know about alliance since I don't play it.

And while I understand that people generally see only the hybrid speccs, there are tons of other speccs for "non hybrids" that are not feasable at ALL in a raid environment.

Instances: Most mages play arcane/frost early on and then arcane/fire. One mage is probably deep frost specc to buff the others. This hurts his DPS so he's just utility.
    Nobody, nobody, plays full arcane or fire, in a raid environment.
    Hunters, I believe, generally play Beast Master and Marksmanship. Survival is a PvP specc and is shit in raids.
    Warriors, either tank with fury/prot or prot, or dps with fury. They don't go arms as it's shit in raids.
    Rogues, play combat mixed with something other I dunno. Assa/combat maybe, I'm not wholly knowledgable. I just know they don't play Assasination nor Sub in raids. The one instance I remember Hemo specc being a thing ( Sub ) is with those Bop trash maces from Naxx. Combat rules supreme otherwise.
    I'm not sure about warlocks but they also have cookie cutter specs while the rest is useless.

So you see, every class has basically one specc that is viable. The only class, well not only obviously you CAN raid with anything up to a point really, but the only class that start to finish fills two roles in a raid environment is the warrior, being THE tank and melee dps.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    or just people who want an authentic vanilla wow. what was asked for. what was promised. if you want a different version, ask for blizzard to make it for you. i hear they have a great track record of being creative lately. look at battle for azeroth as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexplode View Post
    Hello, 1st post on a wow forum since I lost posting privileges on AJ during WOTLK lol.

Anyway,

Wouldn't that make your classic experience better?.

Is it going to hurt your nostalgia or gameplay?.

Wouldn't that make raids and other content more fun?

Thoughts?
    Yes, it kind of makes sense. You have heals, ergo you are not as potent as DPS.

it would make the game better and more fun 100%
    but, #nochanges

p.s. i played ret in vanilla and decided to roll a mage this time to experience the contrast
    i was so dumb and blind back in the day, i think i deserved the suffering
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-10-19 at 12:27 PM.

Classic+ with a TBC-like rebalance after P6 would be great. Ret could get some mana recovery from judgment and crusader and more tank specs could become viable. A lot could also be done through a new dungeon hub with gear tailored to these specs roughly at aq20 level and maybe a new raid or two with itemlevels around aq40/Naxx but not beyond. T

The reason you don't want to move into BC is because you want to eventually end up with a game that has a very extensive but static endgame. BC's last patch doesn't really have that because each tier entirely replaces all previous tiers, whereas in classic raid and even dungeon gear has much more staying power. It also has a much larger and more immersive landmass not designed around flying, which you also don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    if mana was such an important factor in downing current bosses you would just take more healers
    No, you'd then try to kill the boss faster.
    It's a pretty easy thing, if your healer have mana issues, then your dps take unnecessary damage or take too long to kill the boss.

yes there is a damage stop/slow on Golemagg while you wait for tank to build up threat
    Sure, threat, but that's another story.
    I'm talking about encounter specific mechanics, and even then, having your dps having too much dps stop due to threat is a good hint that your MT is bad or your dps is totally overgeared.

And i'll say it again, please use punctations marks, your sentences are very difficult to read.

Also, simply claiming you were a raidleader, doesn't mean you'd have any authority on what is the correct way, Classic was that easy that you could do things very wrong and still succeed.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-10-19 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, you'd then try to kill the boss faster.
    It's a pretty easy thing, if your healer have mana issues, then your dps take unnecessary damage or take too long to kill the boss.

Sure, threat, but that's another story.
    I'm talking about encounter specific mechanics, and even then, having your dps having too much dps stop due to threat is a good hint that your MT is bad or your dps is totally overgeared.

And i'll say it again, please use punctations marks, your sentences are very difficult to read.

Also, simply claiming you were a raidleader, doesn't mean you'd have any authority on what is the correct way, Classic was that easy that you could do things very wrong and still succeed.
    threat limits your dps more then mana
    threat limits your dps more then anything else
    threat is one of the most important mechanics in classic if you were a raid leader u would know this

doing your max DPS is almost never the right thing to do

threat is one of the most important mechanics in classic if you were a raid leader u would know this

If threat is such a limiting factor, then:
    1.Your Tank is undergeared (Or doesn't wear TPS gear)
    2.Your Dps is overgeared
    3.Your Tank is terrible

Unless there is a mechanic that interacts with threat, Dps shouldn't be pulling aggro even if they're going all out.

Mana issues?
    Mana potions, Dark Rune, Demonic Rune!
    Yeah, sucks needing to farm this much compared to other classes. On the other hand, mana issues scale with how much the raid sucks or is undergeared.
    Where hybrids really suck is doing content with less people than intended. Non-mana classes are better carries in long fights.

No, hybrid tax is something they should never have changed

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    No expansion was a "full reset" on class design until Cataclysm... The changes made in TBC and Wrath were extrodinarily minor by comparison.
    It was a full progression reset, as every expansion has been, allowing them to fix one of the biggest issues with hybrid performance: gear design.

#NoChangesExceptTheChangesILikeCuzIKnowBetterThanBlizzard

Their tanks are bad or undergeared. Minis some wonky threat resets (i.e. Ony) it shouldn't be hard for warrior tanks to maintain top threat. It is part of the tanks job to let dps go all out after some time post-pull.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Their tanks are bad or undergeared. Minis some wonky threat resets (i.e. Ony) it shouldn't be hard for warrior tanks to maintain top threat. It is part of the tanks job to let dps go all out after some time post-pull.
    threat resets during 1 phase of the fight

what kind of raids have you been joining that tell you to go all out after some time on a boss that resets threat

what the actual.....

what level are you?