Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Sadly it probably means we are getting 4th specs and potentially a cheap excuse for not adding a new class.
    Sadly??? Thank GOD for that... Class drsign was in disarray during BFA, a rework was extremely needed.

7+ Year Old Account
    The other blades look exactly the same apart from the burning one

maybe its the infamous "prestige class, that are just "class skins, rly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    In the latest 8.3 PTR build, there were some interesting items datamined. Four new 2h Weapons, specific to Death Knights, all at item level 58.
    • Unholy Blade of the Ebon Blade
    • Crimson Blade of the Ebon Blade
    • Burning Blade of the Ebon Blade
    • Freezing Blade of the Ebon Blade

From these items, it's easy to extrapolate a few things.
    Firstly, there's likely at least a minor rework for the DK starting area. We also had datamined NPC models for Allied Race DKs, so likely at least something relevant to that. For that to make sense, however, many parts of the starting area would have to be reworked for it to evidence Bolvar as the Lich King rather than Arthas.

Secondly, the Freezing (Frost) Variant for this weapon is 2H.
    This is confusing to me as this is 8.3. Even if they intended to make Frost playable as 2H again, they wouldn't do it in the last patch, but rather wait til the 9.0 pre-patch.

Thirdly, there's a fourth weapon (even though the three DK specs are accounted for). "Burning Blade of the Ebon Blade". There's two possible reasons. First is the most obvious. It's handed to you by Bolvar himself, the man on fire. The dragon fire surrounding him has permanently lit the blade on fire.
    The next possible reason is a bit of a stretch: possible Fire spec for DKs.
    It's anti-typical of DKs to have a fire spec, but with Bolvar as Lich King, technically possible?

Either way, new datamines are weird.
    Hmm..so could 9.0 be bringing us back to Northrend or some new LK place?

I this is indeed true, i think it's safe to say that pretty much everyone never thought of this as happening. Many kept thinking it was something related to shadowlands. :P
    LK 2.0 intriques me
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Point taken... Bolvar is a bit unique though. He was changed by Alexstraza's dragon flames... So that seems like a power unique to him, not the power of Undeath/Lich King, and whether he could pass it on to new DKs seems unlikely to me. But you know, Blizzard bend the lore however they like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Point taken... Bolvar is a bit unique though. He was changed by Alexstraza's dragon flames... So that seems like a power unique to him, not the power of Undeath/Lich King, and whether he could pass it on to new DKs seems unlikely to me. But you know, Blizzard bend the lore however they like.
    Death knights in fantasy games generally, if not most of times, do have hellfire thematic, it would not be that bad or absurd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Hmm..so could 9.0 be bringing us back to Northrend or some new LK place? I this is indeed true, i think it's safe to say that pretty much everyone never thought of this as happening. Many kept thinking it was something related to shadowlands. :P LK 2.0 intriques me
    It still could be related to "shadowlands". Bolvar could just be the starting point and how the rest of us all get in/out. I really do hope it isn't a Northrend/LK 2.0. I have nothing against it but just don't like the idea for reasons I can't pinpoint. I have no problem with Bolvar appearing but don't want to spend another 2 years on Northrend. I don't want "revamped" zones to be the primary focus.

But I could see them doing some cool things to the zones with new design/tech. Though it would be cool if ICC was the new expansion capital city.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It still could be related to "shadowlands". Bolvar could just be the starting point and how the rest of us all get in/out. I really do hope it isn't a Northrend/LK 2.0. I have nothing against it but just don't like the idea for reasons I can't pinpoint. I have no problem with Bolvar appearing but don't want to spend another 2 years on Northrend. I don't want "revamped" zones to be the primary focus.

But I could see them doing some cool things to the zones with new design/tech. Though it would be cool if ICC was the new expansion capital city.
    I could see them making ICC a new capital city, doubtful..but would be cool indeed.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    Sadly??? Thank GOD for that... Class drsign was in disarray during BFA, a rework was extremely needed.
    I just hope it's not fourth specs in lieu of fixing the thirty some existing specs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Burning Blade of the Ebon Blade? Huh, maybe the Unholy spec will become a melee fire spec called something like Inferno so Unholy can be pruned for Necromancer. I mean, we don't have a melee FIRE spec like we have a melee frost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    I'm not even sure how Bolvar got "fire powers." Alexstrasza's flames are healed him of the blight, I've never heard of a mortal getting fire power after getting breathed on by red dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Burning Blade of the Ebon Blade? Huh, maybe the Unholy spec will become a melee fire spec called something like Inferno so Unholy can be pruned for Necromancer. I mean, we don't have a melee FIRE spec like we have a melee frost.

I'm not even sure how Bolvar got "fire powers." Alexstrasza's flames are healed him of the blight, I've never heard of a mortal getting fire power after getting breathed on by red dragons.
    Man a inferno spec pruging for unholy for nerco would upset a lot of people.

He has been on fire since wrath, so it would be strange for him not to have fire powers

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    In the latest 8.3 PTR build, there were some interesting items datamined. Four new 2h Weapons, specific to Death Knights, all at item level 58.
    • Unholy Blade of the Ebon Blade
    • Crimson Blade of the Ebon Blade
    • Burning Blade of the Ebon Blade
    • Freezing Blade of the Ebon Blade

From these items, it's easy to extrapolate a few things.
    Firstly, there's likely at least a minor rework for the DK starting area. We also had datamined NPC models for Allied Race DKs, so likely at least something relevant to that. For that to make sense, however, many parts of the starting area would have to be reworked for it to evidence Bolvar as the Lich King rather than Arthas.

Secondly, the Freezing (Frost) Variant for this weapon is 2H.
    This is confusing to me as this is 8.3. Even if they intended to make Frost playable as 2H again, they wouldn't do it in the last patch, but rather wait til the 9.0 pre-patch.

Thirdly, there's a fourth weapon (even though the three DK specs are accounted for). "Burning Blade of the Ebon Blade". There's two possible reasons. First is the most obvious. It's handed to you by Bolvar himself, the man on fire. The dragon fire surrounding him has permanently lit the blade on fire.
    The next possible reason is a bit of a stretch: possible Fire spec for DKs.
    It's anti-typical of DKs to have a fire spec, but with Bolvar as Lich King, technically possible?

Either way, new datamines are weird.
    It's anti typical for wow and the scourge as we know it, but saying that if we look into wider death lore irl there is case for the fire of damnation just as much as there is for the icy frost of death. Bolvar does call him self the jailor of the damned so it might be playing in that aspect of purgatory. The damned that can neither truly live nor truly die.

These swords could for the sake of 8.3 just be decorative for the 4 horsemen.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-10-17 at 02:34 AM.

fire blade will just be mag har dk wep

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    fire blade will just be mag har dk wep
    You really think they're adding a race specific weapon for Maghar for no reason?

For me personally, I think a world revamp is well overdue, and if Blizzard is looking to update the DK starting experience to be in-line with the current story then it only makes sense to update the old world as well.

A man can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I doubt were going to see a class/spec based off every unique character we meet. At some point they'll have too many and will need to resort to an alternative. The glyph and talent systems could use an overhaul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    4th specs are more rework than an entirely new class. Lest they copypaste old gameplay styles into a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I just hope it's not fourth specs in lieu of fixing the thirty some existing specs.
    This could be a good thing, though. It could add a TON of tanking and healing to existing classes, which would be a great boon on things like M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiple ways what this could mean.

1. (likely) A 4th Spec. Fire would probably be a DoT spec and unholy pushed more towards the pet side.
    2. (most likely) the Burning and Freezing Blade will be turned to one handed swords for Frost Spec.
    3. (Very unlikely) One blade for each different allied race: Unholy=Zandalar/Lightforged, Crimson=Mag'har/Highmountain/Kul'Tiran, Burning=Vulpera/Darkiron, Freezing=Nightborn/Voidelf/Mechagnome
    4. (very likely) Placeholder Names while the new DK Starting Experience is developed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well most wouldn't survive it to find out. lol

And in Bolvar's case he's wearing the helm of Domination, maybe it has given him a level of mastery over the flames that are visible to this day.

Honestly my main takeaway from all this is 'please oh please bring back 2H frost'.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This could be a good thing, though. It could add a TON of tanking and healing to existing classes, which would be a great boon on things like M+.
    Honestly I ran through the classes in my head after this news dropped and I struggled to find a healer that fit without seeming either too far outside a class' fantasy (looking at you, Chemist Rogue) or just redundant.

Honestly most of the new specs I could come up with are ranged DPS.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Multiple ways what this could mean.

1. (likely) A 4th Spec. Fire would probably be a DoT spec and unholy pushed more towards the pet side.
    2. (most likely) the Burning and Freezing Blade will be turned to one handed swords for Frost Spec.
    3. (Very unlikely) One blade for each different allied race: Unholy=Zandalar/Lightforged, Crimson=Mag'har/Highmountain/Kul'Tiran, Burning=Vulpera/Darkiron, Freezing=Nightborn/Voidelf/Mechagnome
    4. (very likely) Placeholder Names while the new DK Starting Experience is developed.
    I really don't think they'd restrict certain weapons/elements to specific races like that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.