Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    I have no idea what racials each race even has, that's how little they matter to me, I'd be in favour of doing something like this with them.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Fuck me dude that 1% arcane resistance and +15 engineering skill on my gnome is super interesting whatever would I do without it
    Have a unique hearthstone animation, apparently.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Have a unique hearthstone animation, apparently.
    Both options are equally pointless, at least one looks cool
    DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN CAST ASIDE YOUR GUILT SO EASILY

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire Darkarath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    473
    I am with you OP. Racials are a bad thing for WoW and they need to go away. Choosing a race should rely exclusively on how they look.

    Sadly with the addition of AR they are doubling down on this system and I do not see any chance of them removing It.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

  4. #24
    Each race should have different racials. Each race should have different classes accessible. Each race should have different personnalities.

  5. #25
    I will say that with unique Hearthstone animations there's definitely a lot of room to give players something to flex about, raids, achievements, PvP, these things could all reward prestigious hearthstone animations that players could brag about
    DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN CAST ASIDE YOUR GUILT SO EASILY

  6. #26
    You are the perfect example of why blizzard should not consider public opinions.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    Both options are equally pointless, at least one looks cool
    If flavour is pointless then you're in favour of homogenization, which is fine. But I'm not.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    If flavour is pointless then you're in favour of homogenization, which is fine. But I'm not.
    You're strawmanning me, I'm not saying flavour is pointless, just that +1% intelligence or whatever other passives Blizzard has cooked up adds none, so why not have an option that at least looks cool

    Agree to disagrew tho, eh?
    DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN CAST ASIDE YOUR GUILT SO EASILY

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    You're strawmanning me, I'm not saying flavour is pointless, just that +1% intelligence or whatever other passives Blizzard has cooked up adds none, so why not have an option that at least looks cool

    Agree to disagrew tho, eh?
    Is +1% intellect the only racial? What about +x to professions? Short, low impact CDs, like Berserking or Blood Fury? Goblin racials in particular are quite flavourful. It's not a strawman, if you're happy to replace those with a unique animation for the same affect, that's straight up homogenization which you are arguing for.

  10. #30
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,599
    I don't mind the racials being unique, but they shouldn't directly affect your combat effectiveness like the troll haste buff etc. There will always be certain races that are preferable that way even if they do their best to balance it.

  11. #31
    Field Marshal Rivex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    56
    And each race can decide their gender and race withing the game too!

  12. #32
    No thanks, tired of everything being homogenized in the name of balance in a game that will always be unbalanced

  13. #33
    I wouldnt mind this if I'm honest although 1% crit on my blood elf is helpful I'd prefer my class to always be on par with other classes than be amazing 1 minute gimped the next due to how blizz struggle to balance all classes.

  14. #34
    Stealthed Defender unbound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Posts
    5,901
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Another idea I had was a "leap" ability. Warriors have one (Heroic Leap), Outlaw rogues have one (Grappling Hook). I'm sure there are others. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had some form of leap ability, but with a racial theme? Maybe, maybe not... but I'm just throwing ideas out there.
    Wouldn't it be fun to play rock, paper, scissors except that everyone only gets to have rock? Or maybe play chess with every piece just being a pawn?

    Seriously, there are ways to balance the game that don't involve everyone having the same abilities. Indeed, that is a big reason why Retail is already very boring...every ranged dps plays the same and effectively has the same abilities, same for melee dps, same for tanks, and same for heals. The differences are relatively minor, and that is a big reason why so many people gravitate to the FotM class...they are all dirt easy to play and they all do about the same thing, so might as well just jump to the next toon.

    There is a reason that wars are not fought exclusively with tanks or only planes or only ground troops with rifles, etc. Each of those things have a variety of counters, and a good group has a wide variety of specialty troops and equipment in reality.

  15. #35
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.
    I have to agree...

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    5,752
    Racials matter so little nowadays and only in extreme niche situations.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Astera
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    snip
    .
    Nope, nope, nope. This kind if mind set is why the classes in this game are dull, dumb and sterile.

    Fuck balance, as long as something viable to the content then there's no problem, if the 1% want to complain about it, they can fuck off, im so sick of fun being sacrificed at the alter of balance, it's utterly killed the heart and soul of this game.
    stuck in the D2:shadow keep Que....please send help!

  18. #38
    Field Marshal TriggeredKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    USA, Florida.
    Posts
    93
    Are you guys serious? it's an MMORPG, races have different pros and cons. Undead not drowning makes sense, Humans not drowning doesn't. Belfs being able to succ mana out of their enemies make sense, Pandaren being able to succ mana out of the enemies does not. It's a fantasy game stop trying to turn it into something it isn't.

  19. #39
    Herald of the Titans Monster Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Astera
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Wouldn't it be fun to play rock, paper, scissors except that everyone only gets to have rock? Or maybe play chess with every piece just being a pawn?

    Seriously, there are ways to balance the game that don't involve everyone having the same abilities. Indeed, that is a big reason why Retail is already very boring...every ranged dps plays the same and effectively has the same abilities, same for melee dps, same for tanks, and same for heals. The differences are relatively minor, and that is a big reason why so many people gravitate to the FotM class...they are all dirt easy to play and they all do about the same thing, so might as well just jump to the next toon.

    There is a reason that wars are not fought exclusively with tanks or only planes or only ground troops with rifles, etc. Each of those things have a variety of counters, and a good group has a wide variety of specialty troops and equipment in reality.
    The excessive focus of the wow dev team to chase the illusive white rabbit of balance has cost this game everything.

    Balance dosnt matter, fun matters.

    It's like So what your shitty night elf rouge is doing 1% less dps than the Mechagnomes rouge or w/e. It dosnt matter unless your trying for World firsts, and litteraly those guys are the smallest and least important section of the customer base.

    I'd rather have an unbalanced mess that's fun to play than a sterile, boring game built for a select few try hards

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Wouldn't it be fun to play rock, paper, scissors except that everyone only gets to have rock? Or maybe play chess with every piece just being a pawn?

    Seriously, there are ways to balance the game that don't involve everyone having the same abilities. Indeed, that is a big reason why Retail is already very boring...every ranged dps plays the same and effectively has the same abilities, same for melee dps, same for tanks, and same for heals. The differences are relatively minor, and that is a big reason why so many people gravitate to the FotM class...they are all dirt easy to play and they all do about the same thing, so might as well just jump to the next toon.

    There is a reason that wars are not fought exclusively with tanks or only planes or only ground troops with rifles, etc. Each of those things have a variety of counters, and a good group has a wide variety of specialty troops and equipment in reality.
    The excessive focus of the wow dev team to chase the illusive white rabbit of balance has cost this game everything.

    Balance dosnt matter, fun matters.

    It's like So what your shitty night elf rouge is doing 1% less dps than the Mechagnomes rouge or w/e. It dosnt matter unless your trying for World firsts, and litteraly those guys are the smallest and least important section of the customer base.

    I'd rather have an unbalanced mess that's fun to play than a sterile, boring game built for a select few try hards

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TriggeredKid View Post
    Are you guys serious? it's an MMORPG, races have different pros and cons. Undead not drowning makes sense, Humans not drowning doesn't. Belfs being able to succ mana out of their enemies make sense, Pandaren being able to succ mana out of the enemies does not. It's a fantasy game stop trying to turn it into something it isn't.
    The balance chasers have always wanted to turn wow Into some wierd comeptative pve moba, and unfortunately the dev team is lead by one of them.

    No we have a game that is just down right boring to play.
    stuck in the D2:shadow keep Que....please send help!

  20. #40
    Uuuuuh NO!
    Balancing everything is killing flavors.
    A human should not shadowmeld and a gnome having a beserk thing is not RPG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •