Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    please no 10char

- - - Updated - - -

this thread is promoting cleansing of racial diversity
    Last edited by froschhure; 2020-03-22 at 02:36 PM.

this is yet the worst idea for fucking up racials that I have ever seen or most likely will see. people like the OP are the cause of why we have every single class looking 99% alike the other.

STOP WORRYING ABOUT 1% EXTRA DAMAGE AND HEAL.

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this fashion.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-03-24 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Removed Giant Font

I actually agree that racials should be cosmetic/flavor-type things. Not necessarily the same effects, but nothing related to player power. There's too many people out there that feel like, e.g. 'omg KT is like 0.6% better must play that race even if hate them'.

The game is 15 years old. We should be able to play the races we want, period, without that kind of thing being a factor.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

I'm not sure why people want fewer options than a modern moba/FPS in their RPGs.

IDK..."should have" implies you are like the god of game design who has a clue for the ultimate solution that will please everyone.

In reality, we get and got threads on both sides of the spectrum. How homogenisation destroyed the game, how it loses flavour, how unbalance added to the fun ...and then there is this topic.

Really...at what level do you play that racials affect you to the point that they fuck up your enjoyment of the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There's too many people out there that feel like, e.g. 'omg KT is like 0.6% better must play that race even if hate them'.
    Yeah...but really...f... those ppl. If they can't cry about a 0,6% advantage on a race, they cry about something else. Like a HS CD for a certain race is too big an advantage and really all HS should have no CD...or sth.

Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    I'm not sure why people want fewer options than a modern moba/FPS in their RPGs.
    Well...there is always somebody who thinks they figured it all out and have a clue that never occurred to devs...and the internet gives them a soapbox to stand on. For a forward looking, young audience, I am actually amazed how many topics we had that sounded like my grumpy grandpa going "back in the days it was all better. We had no toilet paper and cleaned our ass with pine cones and we were fine"

Yeah..not the best analogy. But choices like several difficulties in 5 mans or raids were criticised, when they worked fine of other games...and I honestly see no reason why shouldn't have that choice in WoW.

Give us a choice...and still...no matter how good the racial...I will not play a human. I play a race and gender for my own reasons.
    Last edited by det; 2020-03-22 at 03:05 PM.

No, I want both. Graphically update existing racials and add some new cosmetic ones like the hearth thing. I love having the greatfather winter's hearth for my frost DK. Cosmetic hearthstones is a neat idea it's just most of them suck. I want the brewfest one to be us drinking ourselves to a stupor until we pass out and wake up at our location, damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...but really...f... those ppl. If they can't cry about a 0,6% advantage on a race, they cry about something else. Like a HS CD for a certain race is too big an advantage and really all HS should have no CD...or sth.
    Oh I agree. But I'd prefer that racials should be about the lore/unique qualities etc of a race more so than 'this race is better than this race for this thing'. Any level of player should be able to choose a race that they genuinely want to play as, not the 'best' one for a given role or class. Trust me, I tend to /eyeroll at people that take it that seriously, but there's a lot of guilds, raid groups etc that pressure their rosters into that sort of thinking as well.

Removing the power from racials makes it a non-issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    No, I want both. Graphically update existing racials and add some new cosmetic ones like the hearth thing. I love having the greatfather winter's hearth for my frost DK. Cosmetic hearthstones is a neat idea it's just most of them suck. I want the brewfest one to be us drinking ourselves to a stupor until we pass out and wake up at our location, damn it!
    This is honestly brilliant.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-03-22 at 04:59 PM.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    IDK..."should have" implies you are like the god of game design who has a clue for the ultimate solution that will please everyone.

In reality, we get and got threads on both sides of the spectrum. How homogenisation destroyed the game, how it loses flavour, how unbalance added to the fun ...and then there is this topic.

Really...at what level do you play that racials affect you to the point that they fuck up your enjoyment of the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Well...there is always somebody who thinks they figured it all out and have a clue that never occurred to devs...and the internet gives them a soapbox to stand on. For a forward looking, young audience, I am actually amazed how many topics we had that sounded like my grumpy grandpa going "back in the days it was all better. We had no toilet paper and cleaned our ass with pine cones and we were fine"

Yeah..not the best analogy. But choices like several difficulties in 5 mans or raids were criticised, when they worked fine of other games...and I honestly see no reason why shouldn't have that choice in WoW.

Give us a choice...and still...no matter how good the racial...I will not play a human. I play a race and gender for my own reasons.
    Thats becouse single player games do not work same way as mmorpg games. There is this stupid trend of people saying stuff like ,,having options doesnt hurt if you dont like it dont do it". This only work for single player games where everybody plays in their own personal bubble. In MMORPG everything. Absolutly everything you put into the game will affect you as player regardless if you chosse to do ir not. It will always affect your gameplay or mindset. Some people just pretend it doesnt but it does.

Thats becouse mmorpgs work same way as our real world. It is its own ecosystem what is shaped by systems and players around you. LFR is great example. People say it just optional thing for people to experience content. Yet it affect everybody in moment they implement it. It reduce sense of acomplisment, lot of raiders quit organized raiding regardless of thwm having fun for path of least resistance what have lfr become. It affected ingame economy and butchered raiding community. You can ignore it as you want it will always have effect on your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    No, homogenization is always a bad thing.
    Only the Sith deal in absolutes. There was a dev interview a long while ago where they said the number one thing they'd do if they could go back to vanilla alpha was make racials do nothing but cosmetic things with no combat related effects whatsoever. Since that would cause an uprorar of insane proportions I'd accept the lesser uproar of the OP's suggestion.
    "Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way. Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer." Powerogue 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Thats becouse single player games do not work same way as mmorpg games. There is this stupid trend of people saying stuff like ,,having options doesnt hurt if you dont like it dont do it". This only work for single player games where everybody plays in their own personal bubble. In MMORPG everything. Absolutly everything you put into the game will affect you as player regardless if you chosse to do ir not. It will always affect your gameplay or mindset. Some people just pretend it doesnt but it does.

Thats becouse mmorpgs work same way as our real world. It is its own ecosystem what is shaped by systems and players around you. LFR is great example. People say it just optional thing for people to experience content. Yet it affect everybody in moment they implement it. It reduce sense of acomplisment, lot of raiders quit organized raiding regardless of thwm having fun for path of least resistance what have lfr become. It affected ingame economy and butchered raiding community. You can ignore it as you want it will always have effect on your experience.
    Oh, I am not saying it doesn't effect things. But it doesn't mean the effect is always only bad. And just because something works in a single player game, doesn't mean it can never work in a multiplayer game. In the case of raiding it has been tried before LFR with 4 raid versions in ToC and ICC. Before that tested with hardmodes in Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I don't know why anyone ever thought any of these racials did anything buff give stat boosts. Thank you for setting us straight.
    Sorry I didn't break the crayons out to explain it clearer for you. Things like Resistances, extra AP, etc. are all just fluff, they're not exciting things with any value to individuality.

I'm sure you'll be petty and try to claim there was a time you picked Nightborne because, "Man, that extra 1% arcane reduction really speaks to me.", but it's just fluff with no importance.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    snip
    And this is why most professions are trash now.

Way more players than you think play with racials in mind. I for one changed my race, not only because it was a 500 dps increase, but also because it let me do my opener much more smoothly, allowing to get some timings consistent instead of having to wait 0.2-0.4 seconds like i did when playing belf.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluthol View Post
    Way more players than you think play with racials in mind. I for one changed my race, not only because it was a 500 dps increase, but also because it let me do my opener much more smoothly, allowing to get some timings consistent instead of having to wait 0.2-0.4 seconds like i did when playing belf.
    No those people are absolute minority.

good idea honestly
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

No. No. No!

Homogenization is one of the worst things about modern WoW. Thankfully, Blizzard has been walking that back a bit over the last couple expansions (referring to class/spec homogenization).

The idea that you would want Blizzard to make the same mistake with races that they did with classes is just mind-boggling to me. Choices are interesting. If all you want is to have different skins in your game with everyone being the same gameplay/stat-wise, go play Fortnite.

Note: I do think Blizzard should do something to address potential racial imbalance between Horde and Alliance, but that does NOT mean making all races the same. NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.
    Yeah I use this everyday, dozens of times

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    But what spells would that be?

1. HEARTHSTONE
    Where's the rest of your ideas? Because although this idea sounds cool visually, if you remove everybody's racial to give me something I already have access to, it's a bad idea.
    One of the most common complaints I see about BFA is lack of identity (legion legendaries versus essence system), as well, and removing self-identifying racial abilities to go to an essence-based racial system sounds like it goes against that.

The point of my reply, though, is you suggest 3-4 spells and offered 1

but they are far more than 0.1% which was suggested.

And i don't think it's healthy for the game that my character needs a race to feel better to play. Idm passive bonuses, but when it changes how it feels to the point where i could not go back to Belf, i have a problem with it.

Cba rerolling for a slight dps increase, but the feel is important.