Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You are the perfect example of why blizzard should not consider public opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    Both options are equally pointless, at least one looks cool
    If flavour is pointless then you're in favour of homogenization, which is fine. But I'm not.

You're strawmanning me, I'm not saying flavour is pointless, just that +1% intelligence or whatever other passives Blizzard has cooked up adds none, so why not have an option that at least looks cool

Agree to disagrew tho, eh?
    Is +1% intellect the only racial? What about +x to professions? Short, low impact CDs, like Berserking or Blood Fury? Goblin racials in particular are quite flavourful. It's not a strawman, if you're happy to replace those with a unique animation for the same affect, that's straight up homogenization which you are arguing for.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the racials being unique, but they shouldn't directly affect your combat effectiveness like the troll haste buff etc. There will always be certain races that are preferable that way even if they do their best to balance it.

3+ Year Old Account
    And each race can decide their gender and race withing the game too!

No thanks, tired of everything being homogenized in the name of balance in a game that will always be unbalanced

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Another idea I had was a "leap" ability. Warriors have one (Heroic Leap), Outlaw rogues have one (Grappling Hook). I'm sure there are others. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone had some form of leap ability, but with a racial theme? Maybe, maybe not... but I'm just throwing ideas out there.
    Wouldn't it be fun to play rock, paper, scissors except that everyone only gets to have rock? Or maybe play chess with every piece just being a pawn?

Seriously, there are ways to balance the game that don't involve everyone having the same abilities. Indeed, that is a big reason why Retail is already very boring...every ranged dps plays the same and effectively has the same abilities, same for melee dps, same for tanks, and same for heals. The differences are relatively minor, and that is a big reason why so many people gravitate to the FotM class...they are all dirt easy to play and they all do about the same thing, so might as well just jump to the next toon.

There is a reason that wars are not fought exclusively with tanks or only planes or only ground troops with rifles, etc. Each of those things have a variety of counters, and a good group has a wide variety of specialty troops and equipment in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.
    I have to agree...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racials matter so little nowadays and only in extreme niche situations.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    snip
    Nope, nope, nope. This kind if mind set is why the classes in this game are dull, dumb and sterile.

Fuck balance, as long as something viable to the content then there's no problem, if the 1% want to complain about it, they can fuck off, im so sick of fun being sacrificed at the alter of balance, it's utterly killed the heart and soul of this game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys serious? it's an MMORPG, races have different pros and cons. Undead not drowning makes sense, Humans not drowning doesn't. Belfs being able to succ mana out of their enemies make sense, Pandaren being able to succ mana out of the enemies does not. It's a fantasy game stop trying to turn it into something it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Wouldn't it be fun to play rock, paper, scissors except that everyone only gets to have rock? Or maybe play chess with every piece just being a pawn?

Seriously, there are ways to balance the game that don't involve everyone having the same abilities. Indeed, that is a big reason why Retail is already very boring...every ranged dps plays the same and effectively has the same abilities, same for melee dps, same for tanks, and same for heals. The differences are relatively minor, and that is a big reason why so many people gravitate to the FotM class...they are all dirt easy to play and they all do about the same thing, so might as well just jump to the next toon.

There is a reason that wars are not fought exclusively with tanks or only planes or only ground troops with rifles, etc. Each of those things have a variety of counters, and a good group has a wide variety of specialty troops and equipment in reality.
    The excessive focus of the wow dev team to chase the illusive white rabbit of balance has cost this game everything.

Balance dosnt matter, fun matters.

It's like So what your shitty night elf rouge is doing 1% less dps than the Mechagnomes rouge or w/e. It dosnt matter unless your trying for World firsts, and litteraly those guys are the smallest and least important section of the customer base.

I'd rather have an unbalanced mess that's fun to play than a sterile, boring game built for a select few try hards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post

The excessive focus of the wow dev team to chase the illusive white rabbit of balance has cost this game everything.

Balance dosnt matter, fun matters.

It's like So what your shitty night elf rouge is doing 1% less dps than the Mechagnomes rouge or w/e. It dosnt matter unless your trying for World firsts, and litteraly those guys are the smallest and least important section of the customer base.

I'd rather have an unbalanced mess that's fun to play than a sterile, boring game built for a select few try hards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriggeredKid View Post
    Are you guys serious? it's an MMORPG, races have different pros and cons. Undead not drowning makes sense, Humans not drowning doesn't. Belfs being able to succ mana out of their enemies make sense, Pandaren being able to succ mana out of the enemies does not. It's a fantasy game stop trying to turn it into something it isn't.
    The balance chasers have always wanted to turn wow Into some wierd comeptative pve moba, and unfortunately the dev team is lead by one of them.

No we have a game that is just down right boring to play.

5+ Year Old Account
    Uuuuuh NO!
    Balancing everything is killing flavors.
    A human should not shadowmeld and a gnome having a beserk thing is not RPG

I never argued that the actual abilities like rocket jump and escape artist, didn't add flavour, only that the miniscule bonuses to X thing add the same amount of flavour as a race specific hearthstone effect.
    Okay, so when I said we shouldn't replace racials with a hearthstone animation because racials are interesting and homogenization is bad, your response should have been "y'know, actually I agree with you except in cases where I think the bonus only provides limited flavour and is otherwise uninteresting like +1% magic damage for example."

As opposed to being snarky and making a blanket statement so it takes several responses to identify whatever the point is you're trying to make.

If anything they should enhance the disparity of racials, making sense to the race they belong to. A tauren should have increased physical damage, because it's the strongest (physically) playable race, while gnomes should be more agile (in the sense of sneaky) and magically focus. How to compensate the disparity this would create? A tauren warrior would hit slowly but with desvastating blows, while a gnome would hit super fast and/or with a better crit chance/damage, and viceversa for the casters.

Or grant other side effects, like an undead of any class would apply passively Devouring Plague (a shadow damage DoT that steals health) while a worgen could apply a stacking bleeding.

I'd go even farther and grant every class+race combo a unique spell that flavor both aspects, like a goblin warlock could cast a chaotic dot that deals semi-random damage with a chance to explode on each tick, while a dark iron dwarf could cast a shadowflame version of Immolate.

At the end of the day, racials barely count towards dps or hps, so as long as they remain that way, they should add even more flavor stuff to each race. Otherwise.. what's the point of having different races to begin with? Just aesthetics? That's boring, and it wouldn't feel real (even in a fantasy game)

literally only broken racial in game was blelf aoe silence ... and they fixed it. now preety much no racial really matters. if method players don't care about your race during recruitment why on earth would anyone care ? i think only people that are desperately searching for things to be outraged about

No, homogenization is always a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    totally agree. this seems very fun.

but bliz would never get rid of imbalanced racials.

it makes people reroll, fills the world with leveling chars, or brings in money from instant boosts and race changes... etc

FYI Cross Faction Raiding / PvE content makes racial imbalance meaningless.

Like 90% of the people on these very forums, I am not skilled enough that a certain level of unbalance actually would impact my experience significantly so, no. I'll opt for unbalanced fun. Feel free to remove all of the +1% stat, +15 profession skill racials though, couldn't care less.