Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    Fuck me dude that 1% arcane resistance and +15 engineering skill on my gnome is super interesting whatever would I do without it
    It's also super gamebreaking, let's just trash the whole game - Clearly Blizzard has no idea how to make games if they made something so brokenly overpowered and only one race has it.

The point of it being that low is that it ultimately doesn't matter - But still adds flavor.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's also super gamebreaking, let's just trash the whole game - Clearly Blizzard has no idea how to make games if they made something so brokenly overpowered and only one race has it.

The point of it being that low is that it ultimately doesn't matter - But still adds flavor.
    And how does a racial specific hearthstone not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Is +1% intellect the only racial? What about +x to professions? Short, low impact CDs, like Berserking or Blood Fury? Goblin racials in particular are quite flavourful. It's not a strawman, if you're happy to replace those with a unique animation for the same affect, that's straight up homogenization which you are arguing for.
    I never argued that the actual abilities like rocket jump and escape artist, didn't add flavour, only that the miniscule bonuses to X thing add the same amount of flavour as a race specific hearthstone effect.
    DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN CAST ASIDE YOUR GUILT SO EASILY

I never argued that the actual abilities like rocket jump and escape artist, didn't add flavour, only that the miniscule bonuses to X thing add the same amount of flavour as a race specific hearthstone effect.
    Okay, so when I said we shouldn't replace racials with a hearthstone animation because racials are interesting and homogenization is bad, your response should have been "y'know, actually I agree with you except in cases where I think the bonus only provides limited flavour and is otherwise uninteresting like +1% magic damage for example."

As opposed to being snarky and making a blanket statement so it takes several responses to identify whatever the point is you're trying to make.

If anything they should enhance the disparity of racials, making sense to the race they belong to. A tauren should have increased physical damage, because it's the strongest (physically) playable race, while gnomes should be more agile (in the sense of sneaky) and magically focus. How to compensate the disparity this would create? A tauren warrior would hit slowly but with desvastating blows, while a gnome would hit super fast and/or with a better crit chance/damage, and viceversa for the casters.

Or grant other side effects, like an undead of any class would apply passively Devouring Plague (a shadow damage DoT that steals health) while a worgen could apply a stacking bleeding.

I'd go even farther and grant every class+race combo a unique spell that flavor both aspects, like a goblin warlock could cast a chaotic dot that deals semi-random damage with a chance to explode on each tick, while a dark iron dwarf could cast a shadowflame version of Immolate.

At the end of the day, racials barely count towards dps or hps, so as long as they remain that way, they should add even more flavor stuff to each race. Otherwise.. what's the point of having different races to begin with? Just aesthetics? That's boring, and it wouldn't feel real (even in a fantasy game)

literally only broken racial in game was blelf aoe silence ... and they fixed it. now preety much no racial really matters. if method players don't care about your race during recruitment why on earth would anyone care ? i think only people that are desperately searching for things to be outraged about

No, homogenization is always a bad thing.

totally agree. this seems very fun.

but bliz would never get rid of imbalanced racials.

it makes people reroll, fills the world with leveling chars, or brings in money from instant boosts and race changes... etc

And how does a racial specific hearthstone not?
    Because it doesn't DO anything.

It's just a visual effect. It literally doesn't change a thing at all. Negligible changes are still changes. There was once a day where certain races had a higher weapon skill cap for certain weapons, which was still not brokenly OP at the time and people still complained.

Let things be different. Let people plan their playstyle. If you don't want to, fine - It's not gamebreaking to you whatsoever.
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Because it doesn't DO anything.

It's just a visual effect. It literally doesn't change a thing at all. Negligible changes are still changes. There was once a day where certain races had a higher weapon skill cap for certain weapons, which was still not brokenly OP at the time and people still complained.

Let things be different. Let people plan their playstyle. If you don't want to, fine - It's not gamebreaking to you whatsoever.
    But if something like a weapon skill also doesn't really have any impact, how are something like minor bonuses any less flavourful than unique animations?
    DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN CAST ASIDE YOUR GUILT SO EASILY

FYI Cross Faction Raiding / PvE content makes racial imbalance meaningless.

But if something like a weapon skill also doesn't really have any impact, how are something like minor bonuses any less flavourful than unique animations?
    Because there ARE still bonuses. 15 weapon skill may only be .5% to hit, but that's .5% that you can put elsewhere.

It's negligible to anyone who just wants to play the game, but an added bonus for min maxers. There's literally no point in complaining over it when it doesn't affect you whatsoever.

Like 90% of the people on these very forums, I am not skilled enough that a certain level of unbalance actually would impact my experience significantly so, no. I'll opt for unbalanced fun. Feel free to remove all of the +1% stat, +15 profession skill racials though, couldn't care less.

Screw that I think racials should be more OP. T

Racials are actually pretty balanced right now. Belves had a slight advantage in uldir during zul progress, and nelves had an advantage during the reaping affix. Other than that, all dps racials sim within 1% of each other.

Gryphons are a dwarven thing.