Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

ProPublica obtains some of Trumps tax records, finds signs of possible tax fraud

If it bears out, sounds like it's more bad news for Trump. Would back up reporting from the New York Times about the Trump families decades long tax fraud schemes and testimony from Michael Cohen accusing Trump of tax fraud, too.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    If it bears out, sounds like it's more bad news for Trump. Would back up reporting from the New York Times about the Trump families decades long tax fraud schemes and testimony from Michael Cohen accusing Trump of tax fraud, too.
    Oh...Fuck...YES!

No wonder he continually lied about wanting to release his tax returns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Oh...Fuck...YES!

No wonder he continually lied about wanting to release his tax returns.
    Excerpt from the article:

The discrepancies are “versions of fraud,” said Nancy Wallace, a professor of finance and real estate at the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley. “This kind of stuff is not OK.”
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    My son’s comments speak for themselves. Let’s keep the focus here. The president of the United States says he wants to talk about corruption. Well, let’s talk about corruption. He is running the most corrupt government in the history of the United States of America, number one. Number two, he also is in a position where, as he talks about corruption, he is engaged in practices that, in fact, everyone around the world is looking and saying ‘how in God’s name can this man be doing that while he’s president?

Mr. President, you want to talk about corruption. I’ve released 21 years of my tax returns. I entered as one of the poorest men in Congress, left one of the poorest men in government, in Congress, and as vice president. I made no money while I was in there other than my salary. Mr. President, even Richard Nixon released his tax returns. Mr. President, release your tax returns or shut up
    -- Joe Biden

This should shock no one of course I fully expect the Trumpist to flood here and say that fraud is actually Trump being "very smart".

Well, there was a reason why Trump fought to keep his records from being made public.

Meanwhile in the modern day comedy show that is the White House:

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, there was a reason why Trump fought to keep his records from being made public.
    Not shocking. Everyone figured that Trumps taxes would either reveal something criminal or that he wasn't as wealthy as he claimed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I'd be a LOT more surprised if his records displayed any actually lawful transaction at all.
    I think the only reason that this isn't bigger news right now is because the shit show Trump created in Syria is taking up the headlines. Not that that's unwarranted; Trump threw our allies under the bus and made us an international laughing stock.

So....it's just repeating what everyone already knew(including Trumpets), but still no substantial action taken against Trump.

The US of A can't even take care of the sorest thumb in the lot expediently, it's hard to imagine their corruption is ever going to abate within a century.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    This should shock no one of course I fully expect the Trumpist to flood here and say that fraud is actually Trump being "very smart".
    "Lots of politicians do it, but liberals don't care when it's democrat politicians committing tax fraud!"

"I bet people like Elon Musk cheated on their taxes too, but the liberals only want to focus on Trump!"

And other such strawmen.

If we're lucky we might even get a "Taxes are theft. There's nothing wrong with breaking unjust laws!"

Though honestly, more likely, the Trumpettes are going to give this thread a wide berth. They've been falling more and more silent these days. So much bad shit is coming out about Trump at such a rapid pace that they can't get their talking points straight.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Lots of politicians do it, but liberals don't care when it's democrat politicians committing tax fraud!"

"I bet people like Elon Musk cheated on their taxes too, but the liberals only want to focus on Trump!"

And other such strawmen.

If we're lucky we might even get a "Taxes are theft. There's nothing wrong with breaking unjust laws!"

Though honestly, more likely, the Trumpettes are going to give this thread a wide berth. They've been falling more and more silent these days. So much bad shit is coming out about Trump at such a rapid pace that they can't get their talking points straight.
    Even Fox News is having trouble coming up with talking points or a coherent defense so they are stuck having to think for themselves not really their strong point.

If they are released they are going to be the most heavily scruitinized tax records in history.

Theres only 2 outcomes.
    1) Hes not as rich as he brags (likely)
    2) Hes crooked (likely)

It will be interesting for sure.

Trump has been committing fraud for at least thirty years based on what we know publicly. If we were to speculate then he probably learned it from his father and has been participating in fraud for at least five decades. It's very likely that Trump has spent his entire adult life breaking the law given how his adulthood started with faking an illness to dodge the draft and excluding minorities from his father's properties.

He's never been held responsible for any of it. I can't imagine going 50+ years doing whatever the fuck I wanted with absolutely no repercussions.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2019-10-17 at 03:17 AM.

no way im le shook

who could have foreseen this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Trump has been committing fraud for at least thirty years based on what we know publicly. If we were to speculate then he probably learned it from his father and has been participating in fraud for at least five decades. It's very likely that Trump has spent his entire adult life breaking the law given how his adulthood started with faking an illness to dodge the draft and excluding minorities from his father's properties.

He's never been held responsible for any of it. I can't imagine going 50+ years doing whatever the fuck I wanted with absolutely no repercussions.
    I think that's probably part of why impeachment is freaking Trump out so much; he's actually facing consequences for his actions for once. He just can't throw money at this to make it go away, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

And other such strawmen.

my moneys on "Innocent until proven guilty in court! so you cant say he did anything wrong yet, also hes president so you cant take him to court to prove it ether!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    -- Joe Biden
    Deflector shields at maximum power, eh creepy Joe?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Trump's efforts to try and put all of the attention on Biden, while each and everyone one of his crimes is exposed day by day, is the ultimate deflection. Biden isn't even president and the drooling masses of the alt-right are crying more about Biden's non-crime than Trump's obvious crimes.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

You mean Joe Biden, the guy that actually doesn't have any evidence of doing anything wrong? Including comparing being creepy to being rapey Trump. Considering he has at least 2 or 3 credible accusations of rape against him, and then like 43 women that have accused him of sexual assault now. So, this has to be the most idiotic retort you could have made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't Trump have like 43 women accusing him of sexual assault? As well as being on tape bragging about forcing himself on women?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You mean Joe Biden, the guy that actually doesn't have any evidence of doing anything wrong? Including comparing being creepy to being rapey Trump. Considering he has at least 2 or 3 credible accusations of rape against him, and then like 43 women that have accused him of sexual assault now. So, this has to be the most idiotic retort you could have made.
    Just report him for trying to derail and move on.