Elijah Cummings Dead at 68

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elijah-...ay-2019-10-17/

Sad news, one of the few Representatives that fought for civil rights, and freedoms for this country.

Doesn't say what he died to, but he died to complications from longstanding health challenges.

If he should be remembered by anything, it's his legendary closing speech at the Cohen hearing. A great man has passed away.

This was the last thing I expected to wake up to this morning. Here's hoping a certain bunch doesn't turn this into a shitshow and the country as a whole can honor and remember a great man that passed far too soon.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    "My warmest condolences to the family and many friends of Congressman Elijah Cummings. I got to see first hand the strength, passion and wisdom of this highly respected political leader. His work and voice on so many fronts will be very hard, if not impossible, to replace!" - President Trump
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Unexpected news. I always liked to hear his takes whether I agreed or not. A great leader, respected voice, and true civil steward of the United States. Rest in peace.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-10-17 at 01:53 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    "My warmest condolences to the family and many friends of Congressman Elijah Cummings. I got to see first hand the strength, passion and wisdom of this highly respected political leader. His work and voice on so many fronts will be very hard, if not impossible, to replace!" - President Trump
    "Why is so much money sent to the Elijah Cummings district when it is considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States. No human being would want to live there. Where is all this money going? How much is stolen? Investigate this corrupt mess immediately!" - The Real President Trump

Its too bad he died but at least he died with his foot on a criminal's neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    "Why is so much money sent to the Elijah Cummings district when it is considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States. No human being would want to live there. Where is all this money going? How much is stolen? Investigate this corrupt mess immediately!" - The Real President Trump

Its too bad he died but at least he died with his foot on a criminal's neck.
    Trump obviously did not right the condolence tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Trump obviously did not right the condolence tweet.
    Thankfully...
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Trump obviously did not write the condolence tweet.
    Considering what he wrote about McCain...maybe we should wait a few days to see how he really feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    If he should be remembered by anything, it's his legendary closing speech at the Cohen hearing. A great man has passed away.

Agreed, this was really moving.
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

This is a really tough loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    PSA
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Carolyn Maloney is assuming "acting chairwoman" for the committee.
    hmm...She wants it. So...she knows she has to fill Elijah's shoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    PSA
    For the life of me I could never tell the two apart.

They could be twins.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    For the life of me I could never tell the two apart.

They could be twins.
    Yeah well at least you I'm assuming would have enough sense not to publish the wrong photo on a national news feed. LOL
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post

I'm pretty sure he accomplished more than speak at a hearing of a shitty lawyer.. lol anyone can sit there and say stuff that sounds good during a heated political hearing. But oh my god.. John Lewis literally looks exactly the same but older.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-10-17 at 10:45 PM.