Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    36 specs is already too hard to balance

I hope so. Fire DK sounds extremely cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I know, that’s what I’m saying. If they add 4th specs to non-heroic classes, I think they would have to either redo how Legion works or go all in on new weapons and lore. Both seem like a ton of work. I’m not saying that 4th specs are impossible, but I also can’t see Blizzard half-assing it either. I am merely curious how the people who want extra specs want to work around Legion. One solution would be to make Legion content the same level as another expansion (like BC and WotLK are now), and just discourage the new spec from doing Legion.
    Honestly I’d like to see all leveling content be available at say...20 through scaling except new stuff that way you could go multiple characters and always do a new path.

On the 4th spec and legion part I think the easiest thing to do would be put the 4th spec on the same artifact as another spec since now they’re just regular weps with no bonus ability.

Example: Marksman and Dark ranger share the Windrunner bow.

Unholy DK and Necromancer share Armageddon.

Port warrior and Glad warrior share the shield.

Etc. anyway just my idea how to easily do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    They couldn't even come up with a 3rd spec for demon hunters.

There's no way, no way they add 4th specs.
    Depends on the class really…

For Hunters sure opinions vary. Though there's one spec that we used to have which makes the most sense to give back.
    That spec is ranged Survival which we had up until Legion.
    (See signature below).

I think I'd vote for Hybrid specs to become a thing. I'm a frost dk mostly with a blood spec I use for world content mostly. I should be able to use some of my blood abilities and take less damage and do less dps if I choose , with my frost spec with blood hybrid. Or I could use an unholy frost hybrid and do dps but prehaps more range ability. I could still go just blood or just unholy. It would open up a lot of new options for how to play the game.

they cant even balance 3 specs so 4? no thanks .

4th specs for each class require so much investments !
    imo the fire dk hype might be a unique chain quest for visual effects changes in the same way we have it for fel fire wlocks .

Quote Originally Posted by azshanna View Post
    imo the fire dk hype might be a unique chain quest for visual effects changes in the same way we have it for fel fire wlocks .
    Nothing says that every class would have to get a 4th spec, but at this point I wouldn't even bet on a DK version of green fire, let alone 4th specs.

We DON'T need new specs or new classes in wow. People shall stop coming with this shit.

I wouldn't mind it being cosmetic vfx change.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    We DON'T need new specs or new classes in wow. People shall stop coming with this shit.
    I disagree. A new class creates hype and brings people back/in new people if it fits a class fantasy they desire. New specs and classes create new gameplay options that keep people playing (BfA's class design, notwithstanding).

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than new specs I think this are going to be the new "heritage" armor for classes, just cosmetic.
    DK are going to get the Dragon Knight plus the cosmetic new spells.
    Hunters get the "Dark Ranger" set and spells.
    Last edited by TheHodedOne; 2019-10-28 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Any MMO exists and has ongoing dev support will add new classes from time to time. Nothing brings people back to a game more than a brand-new way to play it.

If you don't like it, feel free to opt out. But it is happening, and will continue to happen, until WoW gets the sunset treatment.

Honestly, though, I don't understand why people get riled up about this. It's not like the balance was any better when the game only had 9 classes.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    4-th spec for DK makes little sense. DK healer would be idiotic. Range DPS may be, like necromancer. But I doubt about it.
    That's the one i would like to see, necromantic dps spec for DK. Healer would make no sense at all, i agree.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't need new specs tho, we need specs to be interesting the way they are, the existing ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Also DK Frost could have 2-H.

The one thing that all versions of Death Knights in lore have in common is the use of Shadow magic. But these days, that "niche" is relegated mostly to Unholy. Frost uses mostly just Frost spells and feels like a Frost-Warrior. Blood is mostly physical damage while still maintaining some semblance of the fantasy. But, it's really only Unholy towing the line and where most things that represent a Death Knight gets crammed.

Most of the problems have been a snowball effect of design iteration through the years. This can be traced back to the unwelcomed changes in Cata along with the addition of the Mastery stat, which has slowly boxed in the design of each spec over time.

Would they add a new Fire spec? Well, it would be in line with the historical progression of the class. Should they add a new Fire spec? I would say no. Regardless of the nature of Bolvar, I think it continues to take us in the wrong direction. But that probably means that it will for sure happen.

I would rather see a Warmage that uses Fire magic than a Fire spec for DKs. Hell, why don't they just create a proper Dragon Knight class from scratch. That would be more interesting. Especially if the Fire spec for DKs is just a cosmetic change to Frost.

I wouldn't expect more than a new customization option (fiery eyes) . 4th spec sounds really unreasonable.

That's my guess too, that each spec gets one (or more) "skins", so all their abilities look cosmetically different, but are effectively the same.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    It has nothing to do with pruning, In fact it's the exact opposite direction.
    How exactly is removing an entire spec from the game the exact opposite of pruning ?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    How exactly is removing an entire spec from the game the exact opposite of pruning ?
    It just has nothing to do with it. Like, there could be 10 specs for each class with just 5 abilities each like there could be no specs or just two (per class) with vide variety of tools, choices and such.
    Remember MM from start of Legion? Yeaah. That's what I mean. No pet (and micro managing associated with it), no traps, no melee- nothing besides "shots"- because nothing says "hunter" like pigeonholing it into being a "sniper".