Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I appreciate the transparency of the absolutely cancerous result you're after. The gameplay element though, which is the only worthwhile one, and even that's dubious for the long-term health of the game, could've been achieved just as well by collapsing the races from their blocs because of their differences. Turning everyone into clones of one another was unnecessary in allowing people to do content regardless of race.

That said it'd make me profoundly satisfied if Blizzard end up pussying out at the last second and not introducing the gameplay Unifaction, as extremely slim as that chance now is. That'd give more hope of the story unifaction getting tossed in the trash where it belongs in an expansion or two.
    I don't want war anymore, it has been pointless for a long time for the factions to be at war and it effectively halves the player base you can actually do content with which is absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    It's not obvious.

Even if Blizz is stupid enough to break something that has been working since they launched the game, they'll figure out how stupid it actually is and bring it right back.
    That is why you will always have the choice of being hateful with War Mode, not a big deal because you will have the choice to seclude yourself to a minority of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    We will have to wait and see what happens. I have a feeling she is going to make some kind of grand gesture that will help win some of them over.
    That’s great. Her and all the other sad sack Forsaken can go be holy Undead on the Alliance then.

I don't want war anymore, it has been pointless for a long time for the factions to be at war and it effectively halves the player base you can actually do content with which is absurd.

- - - Updated - - -

That is why you will always have the choice of being hateful with War Mode, not a big deal because you will have the choice to seclude yourself to a minority of players.
    A minority of players? Seriously? I'm guessing you and your buddies have been sniffing each other's bs to the point where you actually think that peace crap will fly in a game that's been about red vs blue since before it was even a MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post

On topic: I see Calia a kind of sponsor in an AA meeting an Sylvanas as the Drug the forsaken try to get away from.
    Calia will do her best to help. But will not be accepted right away. But it will make good things with the undead. Because they are basically a blight on every land they set foot on right now. Destroying the environment killing every wildlife and playing with the freaking plague.

Dead does not mean evil an i hope the can show that now. And the forsaken are not evil. If they could never stay in teh horde
    This is the best thing I've read in all these recent debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    A minority of players? Seriously? I'm guessing you and your buddies have been sniffing each other's bs to the point where you actually think that peace crap will fly in a game that's been about red vs blue since before it was even a MMO.
    You will have war mode, unity mode will not effect you so don't worry about.

The undead should just volunteer to be compost for regrowing some of the trees in Northern Kalimdor. Undeath is a concept that's been beaten to death - no pun intended - by Blizzard and most of what made it epic within the franchise has either been diluted or turned into nonsense. From holy undead priests to the undead raised into undeath by the Light, we've seen it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The undead should just volunteer to be compost for regrowing some of the trees in Northern Kalimdor. Undeath is a concept that's been beaten to death - no pun intended - by Blizzard and most of what made it epic within the franchise has either been diluted or turned into nonsense. From holy undead priests to the undead raised into undeath by the Light, we've seen it all.
    We haven't seen undead created by Life magic, I think. But given how they made everything and their mother be able to create undeath, that's most likely just around the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    But Voss has already stated; or at least I think she has (correct me if wrong), that she doesn't want to lead. Which brought me to the idea of a council which could include her; which by technicality, keeps her from a leader position, but still function as a voice and Faol could be part of said group as well. By all means introduce Calia as an upcoming character for forsaken leadership, but they shouldn't jump straight to that point. It would not make sense or feel right for 9.0. Expansion/s after or end of the 9.0 series, sure.
    Yeah personally I'm hoping Calia just becomes the Forsaken's new "Figurehead" while Voss represents the Forsaken on the Horde's new council.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    We haven't seen undead created by Life magic, I think. But given how they made everything and their mother be able to create undeath, that's most likely just around the corner.
    I suppose the Botani's spore-zombie things are kind of a grey area close to that, but it's not really necromancy.

We won't get a better story unless we get better writers. Thats the core problem to most of these faction discussions in the lore forums.

I'm not sure if Blizzard will ever do that. They fix gameplay somewhat or try to, if subs go down too much. But story wasn't important to them ever, even though for an MMORPG a good story would enhance the game massively. But the developers don't seem to understand this.

The US WoW Lore Forum is full of critique and i guess this is the forum those writers probably read, if they read any. But i doubt they care. They will just continue with this shit show because subs will recover, when gameplay becomes good again. Enough people will probably the game, even if the story is utter horse shit. Thats is the sad place in which the WoW story finds itself.

And sadly, now Golden is even aloud to fuck over the WC 3 story and lore. And potentially even WC 2 and more, if Blizzard does campaigns for WC 3 Reforged. The sooner the current three main writers are gone the better, but i really don't see any promising way that this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You're right and the way things are going now, they'll probably become a thing sometime down the line. The Drust have somewhat already blurred the line with the way they animate dead nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Forsaken fans were the most hard done by in this expansion. They’ve lost the holy trinity of their city, their leader and their identity as race. Now that identity is being changed to fit Christie Golden’s whims with Calia. They’re going to be Anduinized completely.

I was very upset that they made her undead, and now I am upset that they are pushing her to lead the Forsaken.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hoped that Calia stayed a living human, she could have led a faction of humans that are trying to reclaim their land for the living.

But no, they killed her off, and now they are pushing her to lead the Forsaken, she is an Alliance oriented, why should she join the horde?

I don't like them trying to make the Horde look like the Alliance, they are different, and should stay different.

You will have war mode, unity mode will not effect you so don't worry about.
    Two relatively slight problems, with that line of thinking. Making the factions monotone and just resort to the power of friendship is not only bland, but incredibly boring. Conflict and adversity are the foundation of any storyarch, in terms of basic storytelling structure. And secondly most of the game identity, systems and design is based around that division. The fact that they watered it down is a long term failiure at storytelling regardless of intent and it has been a long standing criticism since TBC, if not longer. This is just another step, in the "Horde has a problem? Make it more like the Aliance" mindset the Horde playerbase hates.

That said i don't see a way to salvage what the Horde has been reduced to, which i see Blizz doing. So the best way to go forward may be to reconfigure factions along ideological lines, with one side being the unifaction and the other actually getting things done, with actual identity one can be proud of.

Can we talk about the other problem that Calia is not only a female Anduin in terms of personality, but also doesn't fit the style of the Forsaken in the slightest? Calia is as if you would put a Techno-Elf at the top of the night-elves, against all of their visual themes. Or a tribal savage human as King of Stormwind. It just breaks the visuals. Calias style of a lightforged human with a distinctly human style simply breaks the visuals of the Forsaken, which rely on a horror-inspired Tim Burton-esque gothic style.

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Two relatively slight problems, with that line of thinking. Making the factions monotone and just resort to the power of friendship is not only bland, but incredibly boring. Conflict and adversity are the foundation of any storyarch, in terms of basic storytelling structure. And secondly most of the game identity, systems and design is based around that division. The fact that they watered it down is a long term failiure at storytelling regardless of intent and it has been a long standing criticism since TBC, if not longer. This is just another step, in the "Horde has a problem? Make it more like the Aliance" mindset the Horde playerbase hates.

That said i don't see a way to salvage what the Horde has been reduced to, which i see Blizz doing. So the best way to go forward may be to reconfigure factions along ideological lines, with one side being the unifaction and the other actually getting things done, with actual identity one can be proud of.
    Cross faction PvE is coming, the faction stories are now one going forward. You have the option to quit if you don't like it.

Cross faction PvE is coming, the faction stories are now one going forward. You have the option to quit if you don't like it.
    Not really. It is not. Blizz have proven over and over again that they are the biggest fanboys of playing on the whole faction war theme. Everybody sensible know that we will see another faction war in 11.0. We could have burried the whole faction war after Warcraft 3, when humans, orcs and elves united to save the world. Guess what, Blizz included a whole campaign just to justify having factions. We could have kept it as a side plot in world of warcraft, where the factions fought in small territorial conflicts while keeping relation with each other and having the status quo of an unstable peace. We could have removed faction war after Mist of Pandaria, but guess what? It restarted after just two expansions. They will never drop this selling point, because it can at least initially hook people and allows bad writers to feel like they are writing something introspective afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Forsaken fans were the most hard done by in this expansion. They’ve lost the holy trinity of their city, their leader and their identity as race. Now that identity is being changed to fit Christie Golden’s whims with Calia. They’re going to be Anduinized completely.
    And yet then, night elf fans screams louder.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I still view Calia as nothing more than an underdeveloped Naaru/Light puppet of sorts, to be used as a tool for the story later on. Possibly for their "Light is bad" expansion. Vorlons and the Shadows, Babylon 5 and such.

Most of the Forsaken roleplayers I've been RPing with this year, many of whom haven't been loyalists this expansion, are not happy with Calia.
    Most were expecting either Nathanos to be the next leader, with Sylv either abandoning him or positioning him to be a middle man.
    Or Voss being part of a reformed Council, since the last Council was created and destroyed within a single book with barely any meaningful purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
    Not really. It is not. Blizz have proven over and over again that they are the biggest fanboys of playing on the whole faction war theme. Everybody sensible know that we will see another faction war in 11.0. We could have burried the whole faction war after Warcraft 3, when humans, orcs and elves united to save the world. Guess what, Blizz included a whole campaign just to justify having factions. We could have kept it as a side plot in world of warcraft, where the factions fought in small territorial conflicts while keeping relation with each other and having the status quo of an unstable peace. We could have removed faction war after Mist of Pandaria, but guess what? It restarted after just two expansions. They will never drop this selling point, because it can at least initially hook people and allows bad writers to feel like they are writing something introspective afterwards.
    Unity Mode is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    And yet then, night elf fans screams louder.
    When they've been the whipping boy for fifteen years, the undead can scream just as loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/