Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Banned Teleros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    The "Smart Guy playing Dumb Guy to look like a Smart Guy" bit didn't work in 2015, it sure as hell won't work in 2019.
    He's not playing dumb to look smart. He's playing dumb to win votes.

    As to the rest, you forget the whole business empire he had, for starters. Plus... just try and think logically through your own statements, and you ought to realise how little sense they make. You don't make hundreds of millions in the New York property market if you're a "total idiot" when it comes to logic, reason and planning. I don't know what else to tell you other than that. You just don't.

    So, take his observable success in business, politics and so on, plus his low-brow language and so on. What is the most reasonable explanation for all this?

    1. He's a buffoon propped up by [insert name here].
    2. He's a smart demagogue.
    3. He's literally (literally!) the luckiest buffoon in history.
    4. Some other reason, w/e it is.

    The "smart demagogue" option is, to me at least, the most reasonable by far. Doesn't matter if you like him or not - personally I'd rather he be a little more Augusto Pinochet and a little less of a negotiator, but that's just me - that's besides the point.

  2. #142
    Dreadlord wunksta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    As to Trump himself? Definitely 135+ IQ and mentally still not far off his prime.
    Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought?
    Stable genius.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    That's up for interpretation, and based on his past behavior, I chose to interpret one possibility being a pardon. So, pardon it is in the hypothetical.
    I see no indication in those words that he meant a pardon, so that's where our opinions diverge.
    Defense means just that, judicial defense, meaning making sure the guy would get a proper lawyer to defend himself.

    As for the rest of your post, you keep failing at the basis. Equating hurting with shooting is a false equivalence. You don't get to do that.

    Try making a hypothetical that is actually fair to Trump's words there, instead of a strawman that completely jumps the shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    The fact that the letter is public should be reason enough to doubt that the real audience is Erdogan. This reads like something intended for the audience back in the USA - "to CNN/Fox/et al, by way of the President of the Republic of Turkey" in other words.

    As to Trump himself? Definitely 135+ IQ and mentally still not far off his prime.

    "B-b-but he sounds so juvenile!"

    Yes, he sounds juvenile. Think about how classic demagoguery works for just a minute: a smart guy dumbing down his message for the masses, and using rhetoric rather than dialectic to appeal to their hearts rather than their heads. He's a master persuader - or salesman, if you prefer. He also made huge sums of money repeatedly - dumb rich people have a habit of spending huge sums, and generally end up (or their kids end up) as dumb poor people. Once... yeah okay, people do get lucky sometimes - but not repeatedly.
    Trump doesn't have ANYWHERE NEAR a 135 IQ. He literally sounds like a fucking 4th grader, he repeats himself constantly, says mistakes all the time like us having a fucking airforce during the Revolutionary War like a tard.

  5. #145
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    17,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    If you see no problem with someone saying "my ideas are clearly better, it's just that people are stupid refusing to agree so I'm gonna use force to impose them", then you got problems yourself.
    What do you think Trump has been saying all this time?
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What do you think Trump has been saying all this time?
    He has been ignoring that as well, which is why he is still a Trump supporter. I mean, he has to be to be this delusional.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    1. He's a buffoon propped up by [insert name here].
    2. He's a smart demagogue.
    3. He's literally (literally!) the luckiest buffoon in history.
    4. Some other reason, w/e it is.
    1. Robert Mercer
    2. At least half this statement is correct.
    3. I would be a multi-billionaire if I was lucky enough to be Fred Trump's kid. And if I lacked the morals to shank my other siblings on the will.
    4. Its easier to believe the hype from someone speaking confidently even if that person is a raging dumpster fire behind the scenes.

    The only thing that Trump actually understands is that there's a sucker born every minute. He's shamelessly embraced that ideal for his entire adult life.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What do you think Trump has been saying all this time?
    Stuff other than the one you quoted.
    Call me when Trump calls for abandoning dialogue, until then you're just being paranoid and lacking objectivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Call me when Trump calls for abandoning dialogue, until then you're just being paranoid and lacking objectivity.
    He has abandoned dialogue already. Remember the infrastructure bill earlier this year and how Trump just walked away from it? How about when he's called for violence far more than actually talking. What about how he sucks at actual dialogue.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  10. #150
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    17,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Stuff other than the one you quoted.
    Call me when Trump calls for abandoning dialogue, until then you're just being paranoid and lacking objectivity.
    So Trump hasn't said he knows best? That the system will fail without him? And that we should do everything we can to not let dems get power so he can do what he wants how he wants? Then in turn using Executive orders to "force" his ideas through?


    You sure you don't live in some fantasy land?
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

  11. #151
    It's not dementia, it's illiteracy and arrogance. He probably thinks it's cool to write so informally, and in his mind anything he writes is good enough anyway. It's rationalizing laziness and incompetence.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's not dementia, it's illiteracy and arrogance. He probably thinks it's cool to write so informally, and in his mind anything he writes is good enough anyway. It's rationalizing laziness and incompetence.
    Eh, it might be a little dementia. Or it's the stress. That job will take years off your life, even if you try to do as little as possible like Trumpy has.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's not dementia, it's illiteracy and arrogance. He probably thinks it's cool to write so informally, and in his mind anything he writes is good enough anyway. It's rationalizing laziness and incompetence.
    If it's not dementia it's probably alzheimers, and if it's neither of those then it's some sort of substance abuse.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  14. #154
    Herald of the Titans Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    If it's not dementia it's probably alzheimers, and if it's neither of those then it's some sort of substance abuse.
    Didn't Fred Trump develop Alzheimer's before he died? Pretty sure there's a genetic component to it so I wouldn't be shocked if Demented Donny is suffering the onset.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers


  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    He has abandoned dialogue already. Remember the infrastructure bill earlier this year and how Trump just walked away from it? How about when he's called for violence far more than actually talking. What about how he sucks at actual dialogue.
    None are a call to abandon dialogue and replace it with force altogether.
    Anything else you got?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  16. #156
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    17,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    None are a call to abandon dialogue and replace it with force altogether.
    Anything else you got?
    civil war anyone? remind me again who has been calling for a civil war if something were to happen to him?
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    civil war anyone? remind me again who has been calling for a civil war if something were to happen to him?
    Nobody?
    Sometimes I wonder if you guys actually read what Trump says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Nobody?
    Sometimes I wonder if you guys actually read what Trump says.
    Yea, it wasn't "Civil War" it was "Civil War like", "Civil War like" is nothing like "Civil War", obviously.
    /s

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Yea, it wasn't "Civil War" it was "Civil War like", "Civil War like" is nothing like "Civil War", obviously.
    What do you think the "like" term exists for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

  20. #160
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    17,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    What do you think the "like" term exists for?
    like1

    /līk/
    Learn to pronounce



    preposition
    preposition: like

    1.

    having the same characteristics or qualities as; similar to.
    "they were like brothers"

    You use to word to compare 2 things that are similar.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •