Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blizzard needs to punish people involved in leaks.

Anyone else feel that they need to punish employees or anyone involved in leaking information w/o approval?
    With all of these so-called leaks going on, who knows if it's caused by a tester at the company or someone else.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do?

If something real leaks, they find who leaked it and punish them.

They probably already do if they find out who it is. Not really any of our business, and I don't really care either way.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    I know, for a fact, that they do punish those people.

....generally speaking most companys have an NDA....and if they catch you breaking said NDA usually it comes with a firing and possibly a fine

and 9 times out of 10 this is all done privately and in house because day to day company business is well...not your business unless what they did was a huge public deal

IE

Someone posting information anonymously on a website and was found out about..privately fired

Someone publically calling for the killing of an entire population in the name of a company: Publically reprimanded and fired

Except all those "leaks" are just random made up BS. I have no idea how there are still people believing in them. No one is obviously getting punished in Blizzard, because some 10 year old made something up and posted on 4ch

15+ Year Old Account
    For actual leaks, i think its mostly a PR move by the company to build up hype.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Anyone else feel that they need to punish employees or anyone involved in leaking information w/o approval?
    With all of these so-called leaks going on, who knows if it's caused by a tester at the company or someone else.
    I'm sure they already do, otherwise you'd see credible leaks all the time, with proof, and people wouldn't hide their identities.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already do, though 99% of the leaks you see here(+/-1%) are fake.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    you don't think Blizzard leaks stuff on purpose to build hype
    random day in blizzard office

post this on line with some random made up crap
    by why sir?
    to build hype

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Except all those "leaks" are just random made up BS. I have no idea how there are still people believing in them. No one is obviously getting punished in Blizzard, because some 10 year old made something up and posted on 4ch
    It's just funny that leak threads pop up often. Now and then one actually amuses me and peaks my interest but I know better. :P

Disagree. Leaks are entertaining.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

7+ Year Old Account
    It's just funny that leak threads pop up often. Now and then one actually amuses me and peaks my interest but I know better. :P
    *fake leak threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Disagree. Leaks are entertaining.
    Most of the time anyway. The rest are just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    *fake leak threads.
    Yes, fake leak threads. :P

Yes, fake lead threads. :P
    *fake leak threads

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Most of the time anyway. The rest are just sad.
    Agreed, many are just half-assed thoughts by what the poster WANTS, rather than what they honestly think would be in it based off speculation and other discussions.

Clearly you've never heard of an NDA (Non-disclosure agreement).

I worked for a company who processed images for a living. The guy next to me worked also as a part-time palentologist and so we bonded over love of dinosaurs. So, Jurassic Park came up a lot in our conversations.

One day - an image of the toys for the Idominus Rex were leaked out on movie news sites. So I grabbed them and wanted to show them the next day.

I got to work, and he was gone. They called a meeting together and told us that the guy was "on leave" - and they were going to implement some stricter policies in regards to our image processing.

He never returned...

I found out later why. That reason (as I'm assuming you may have figured out by now) was because HE was the one who accidentally leaked the toy of Indominus Rex. He showed it to a close friend of his, and that frend sent it to a guy he knew who ran a website... yadda yadda yadda... they traced it back to him and he got fired for it, with Universal threatening lawsuits against us.

Employees, and indeed many media people, sign them to protect sensitive data.

if ANY of these "leaks" have any legitimacy behind them - you bet your ASS they will fire them!

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    *fake leak threads.
    There had always been that one thread that was actually legit. That makes all these leak threads even better, the only problem until an official announcement you never knew which the legit leaks were.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean the ones on here are like 99% bullshit with no real connection to Blizzard. you can bet your bottom dollar that anyone who actually leaks info and is caught would be severely punished