Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would prefer guild housing with a separate phase in the phase for personal homes. Guild housing would have more benefit to the game imo. But housing does not counter that so housing is a good thing too
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

i really dont feel the need for player housing
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Man you just dig your dumb hole deeper and deeper.

Garrisons were a core feature in an expansion designed to have half the content life of a normal expansion. Expanding the Dev Team for a specific feature that would have huge player draw is a perfectly good suggestion (they've got money to spare). Despite your efforts to go 'Lalalalalala not listening' the benefits have been listed here time and time again:

—New Substantial Gold Sink
    —Massive additions to Professions
    —A brand new Market to exploit on the AH
    —A Player-hook/draw feature to bring in new players and bring back old players
    —Lots of potential new reasons to do old content
    —New potential rewards for PvP and PvE content

Seriously, your argument could easily have been against Transmog or Pet Battles or Toys or Mounts. Imagine how many more art assets we'd have if we just had a Wolf, a Horse, a Windrider and a Gryphon to ride.... see how that sounds boring and stupid? That's your stance here. I'll parrot this from a poster above 'If you want to raid, play Runescape.'

Also two things about your Sims comparison:

First, who the fuck are you to tell me how I should enjoy playing any game?
    Two, you don't seem to know what Playing House means. This doesn't surprise me, you seem to have the rage and edginess of someone who has never cough 'played house', but it's incredibly stupid. You don't play Sims just to decorate a house and have your own space to show off, you play it for the control you get of the simulated characters you can only partly control. Player Housing is all about showing off and customization. Totally different itches.
    Well said. made alot of sense. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Now you might say one of 2 thing. "But we already had garrisons!" or "Lets just have guild housing for the "MMO" game!"

Here are my responses. Garrisons are not player housing by a mile. and 2, Who says player housing has to be solo only? Did anyone play games like Runescape? where you could have mini games and even dungeons inside of your home and invite others in for parties? (not to mention demon butlers!) Ark and conan exiles you can invite others in for RP or as a base of operation.

Player housing would be content in the game that would not only bring us back to older content, but last up through new content and even last through future expansions, instead of being an expansion feature and being left behind like the farm.

The only issue i can think of, is how you would build the base of the house, because we would have 3 options;

1; The home is pre-built but you can decorate it (almost like skyrim but you can add in what ever furniture you want)
    2; You can build it in spaces / rooms and add upstairs and downstairs. (Like in Runescape)
    3; You have full control of building it like in Ark or Conan exiles.

The game should allow us to have a choice between various areas of the game. Like choosing to live in tanaris, winterspring, mulgore, etc. But it would just be a template and it would ne instance. Like the homes in runescape. That you would need to venture to the portal of the designated zone to enter. (This would also allow for gathering hubs for players who wish to form parties.)

Now for the content.

Up untill now I have been using runescape alot as an example, one thing I do not want from runescape, however, is the building profession grind. While I am not fully opposed to having a profession for creating and selling various furniture, and it would allow for more ingame trading between people. I think other ways of collecting furniture, or even the recipes to create the furniture should remain in the world, pvp and in PVP.. (and maybe pet battles for those people too)

There can be standard tables and chairs, but themed furniture and decor is what most people want.

How about we return to WoD to find and collect Orcish tables, banners, fur rugs?
    Or gnomergan for gnomish decor?
    Even northrend for the more northern, hunting lodge themed decor sets, or even vrykrul themed?
    Mulgore and highmountain for tauren totems.

There are LOADS of possibilities with player housing that can be a reward for many current and even new forms of content that can bring us back to older expacs and even feed into newer expacs so it will always be relevant.

And the best part, unlike garrisons, these would be cosmetic only, and not mandatory for raiding
    Honestly while an okay idea that has been discussed to death, I don't see how we ''need'' such a feature. It'd be nice, but it's not necessary. Don't try to project your own likes over to others dude. Say it's something YOU need.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Class halls never did ANY of that. THere was no socializing whatsoever. You went in, took care of yoru mission table and artifat weapon, and left.
    What else do you think will happen in housing?
    You can already talk with everyone in you guild all the time, what benefit has meeting the avatar?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would really love to get some good player housing in the game. Think ESO has this bit nailed quite well. Good editor, lots of furniture to collect spread evenly across the entire game world. For a player who likes the idea of having a permanent place that evolves the more they work for it there is a lot of content to be had here. The ESO bit kept me going for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Player Housing would be great for expanding the cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Man you just dig your dumb hole deeper and deeper.

Garrisons were a core feature in an expansion designed to have half the content life of a normal expansion. Expanding the Dev Team for a specific feature that would have huge player draw is a perfectly good suggestion (they've got money to spare). Despite your efforts to go 'Lalalalalala not listening' the benefits have been listed here time and time again:

—New Substantial Gold Sink
    —Massive additions to Professions
    —A brand new Market to exploit on the AH
    —A Player-hook/draw feature to bring in new players and bring back old players
    —Lots of potential new reasons to do old content
    —New potential rewards for PvP and PvE content
    I am not digging any hole., You are just conmtinuing to move the goalposts by going on irrelevant tangents. It doesn't matter what Blizzard wanted them to do, in this argument it only matters what they ultimately were. And while adding devs may be a good suggestion, it likely adds more cost that doesn't see any real return.

Seriously, your argument could easily have been against Transmog or Pet Battles or Toys or Mounts. Imagine how many more art assets we'd have if we just had a Wolf, a Horse, a Windrider and a Gryphon to ride.... see how that sounds boring and stupid? That's your stance here. I'll parrot this from a poster above 'If you want to raid, play Runescape.'
    Stop with this dumb strawman. None of those are core features of the game nor do they really take time. Unlkike Player housing.

Also two things about your Sims comparison:

First, who the fuck are you to tell me how I should enjoy playing any game?
    Two, you don't seem to know what Playing House means. This doesn't surprise me, you seem to have the rage and edginess of someone who has never cough 'played house', but it's incredibly stupid. You don't play Sims just to decorate a house and have your own space to show off, you play it for the control you get of the simulated characters you can only partly control. Player Housing is all about showing off and customization. Totally different itches.
    And this is where we end the discussion because clearly you can't be respectful. I am not telling you how you should enjoy playing a game. All I am saying is that playing house does not belong in in Warcraft. There are plenty of things already in game that you can enjoy how you see fit. "decorating a house and showing off your space" does not fit in a game about fighting wars and greater evils. Develop content that is in the open world that is about fighting wars and confronting greater evils, not so you can sit in an instance decorating a house.

Why we need something like this? Guild chat is world chat

Now you might say one of 2 thing. "But we already had garrisons!" or "Lets just have guild housing for the "MMO" game!"

Here are my responses. Garrisons are not player housing by a mile. and 2, Who says player housing has to be solo only? Did anyone play games like Runescape? where you could have mini games and even dungeons inside of your home and invite others in for parties? (not to mention demon butlers!) Ark and conan exiles you can invite others in for RP or as a base of operation.

Player housing would be content in the game that would not only bring us back to older content, but last up through new content and even last through future expansions, instead of being an expansion feature and being left behind like the farm.

The only issue i can think of, is how you would build the base of the house, because we would have 3 options;

1; The home is pre-built but you can decorate it (almost like skyrim but you can add in what ever furniture you want)
    2; You can build it in spaces / rooms and add upstairs and downstairs. (Like in Runescape)

The game should allow us to have a choice between various areas of the game. Like choosing to live in tanaris, winterspring, mulgore, etc. But it would just be a template and it would ne instance. Like the homes in runescape. That you would need to venture to the portal of the designated zone to enter. (This would also allow for gathering hubs for players who wish to form parties.)

Now for the content.

Up untill now I have been using runescape alot as an example, one thing I do not want from runescape, however, is the building profession grind. While I am not fully opposed to having a profession for creating and selling various furniture, and it would allow for more ingame trading between people. I think other ways of collecting furniture, or even the recipes to create the furniture should remain in the world, pvp and in PVP.. (and maybe pet battles for those people too)

There can be standard tables and chairs, but themed furniture and decor is what most people want.

How about we return to WoD to find and collect Orcish tables, banners, fur rugs?
    Even northrend for the more northern, hunting lodge themed decor sets, or even vrykrul themed?

There are LOADS of possibilities with player housing that can be a reward for many current and even new forms of content that can bring us back to older expacs and even feed into newer expacs so it will always be relevant.

And the best part, unlike garrisons, these would be cosmetic only, and not mandatory for raiding
    Why? Why waste resources on something that does not affect gameplay? Does having your own house to decorate make you do more DPS, HPS, or TPS? Is it content for everyone? I see this as just as much a waste of time as new character models, I play Classic and see no difference in models between the two games because I could care less about graphics in WOW I want good gameplay. There was player housing in SWTOR I only did it for xp then never returned. Same with every other game with it is I could care less about it.

I lol at all of you who didnt even read the first sentence cause i answered the guild hall and garrison comments already.

- - - Updated - - -

care to explain why instead of making a non constructive comment?
    You expect an explanation, while your argument for why garrisons aren't player housing is "Garrisons are not player housing by a mile.". LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You expect an explanation, while your argument for why garrisons aren't player housing is "Garrisons are not player housing by a mile.". LOL!
    I mean, they aren't?

Player Housing is about having your own space to customize, furnish and adorn with various furnishings and proof of your achievements (of whatever form you so choose). Garrisons allowed no real customization and definitely no personalization. You have the choice of various preset buildings in various predetermined spots in a predecided location. Nothing in my garrison approaches saying "Yup. This is MY space." And certainly nothing about it says "This is a space that I want show off to others."
    It's not player housing, it's not guild housing; they don't even approach the same purpose.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

For some reason...i have a conspiracy theory about players who want "player housing" in the game.

I think every player who really really wants this...its for erotic roleplaying.
    There, i said it.

I cant find a better explanation for being obsessed with this feature.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-10-24 at 12:18 AM.

Now for the content.

I for one, would greatly welcome player housing, as long as it's done well and not something Blizz put together over a weekend.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

7+ Year Old Account

Now for the content.

This is your opinion of what you need. I don't want/need it so really no one needs/wants it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    This says more about you than anyone else.
    Its a house!
    Without gameplay whatsoever! Why would anyone want an imaginary house without any gameplay? i simply dont understand!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Its a house!
    Without gameplay whatsoever! Why would anyone want an imaginary house without any gameplay? i simply dont understand!
    If you ever played UO with player housing, you'd understand why anyone would want one.
    Player housing in uo was fun, albeit the bugs that people used to get in other houses, losing keys to PKs..etc
    FF 14 housing is a very good example of a housing system imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Or you do the sensible thing and only implement step 1 and stop there, which the devs are totally able to do.
    Look at the game as it currently is and all the changes the development team over the years. Now look at that list, again. Do you honestly think Blizzard would do the "sensible thing" and not progressively go down that list for implementation?

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    If you ever played UO with player housing, you'd understand why anyone would want one.
    Player housing in uo was fun, albeit the bugs that people used to get in other houses, losing keys to PKs..etc
    FF 14 housing is a very good example of a housing system imo.
    Im not familiar with the housing in those games.
    IMO a "housing" system needs more than just a "house".

Lets say, if your house had a FARM...and that farm made gold...thats another story.
    But simply having a house makes no sense to me. Whats the point of that (if not, conspiracy theory, to E-Roleplay )

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im not familiar with the housing in those games.
    IMO a "housing" system needs more than just a "house".

Lets say, if your house had a FARM...and that farm made gold...thats another story.
    But simply having a house makes no sense to me. Whats the point of that (if not, conspiracy theory, to E-Roleplay )
    UO housing system had houses *small tents to huge castles* in the open world, so people used bugs etc to enter them. Also you needed to keep a key on your toon, so if you died to another player, they got your key. FF 14 has shards on the server for only houses, so it's much better. I was informed that FF also has an apartment system, pretty much a house but w/o the outer area. hehe

I can understand the logic behind having a house that made you money.