Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    FFXIV is overloaded with player housing and the main hubs are still overflowing even though there's no real benefit to being there. In fact housing districts are often quite empty except for guild housing where members sometimes hang out at for fun.

This whole overexaggeration of "omg people are going to sit in their houses" is ridiculous. People go to major cities because they are more convenient and they like seeing other players. Then again, I forget how antisocial WoW can be by nature. In that case, maybe we should have housing just so that players can finally complete the cycle instead of pursuing this ongoing fiction of 'community' where non truly exists.

Don't even bother bringing up garrisons. Players were forced to sit around doing boring-ass garrison chores that took all damn day. Naturally they are going to be sitting there doing them, because they don't have a choice. And GARRISONS ARE NOT PLAYER HOUSING. They have literally nothing in common. Garrisons are not designed to be customized aesthetically and enjoyed, they are 100% mechanical, arbitrarily designed to perform chores and little else.

Houses would not be that way, which is probably why they were never added--you can't just paste in housing effortlessly. It would require implementation and customization, a lot of diverse game design that Blizzard isn't going to bother with for something that doesn't involve PvP combat, raiding, or endless world quest grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    For some reason...i have a conspiracy theory about players who want "player housing" in the game.

I think every player who really really wants this...its for erotic roleplaying.
    There, i said it.

I cant find a better explanation for being obsessed with this feature.
    Sure, plenty of people enjoy it for that. And let them. Most players just like customizing their houses, though. Having a place to hang out with guildies is nice. Any RP server would love having them for hosting events as well.

But nah, every house is really just Goldshire Inn.

Hate to break it to you, but if players just want privacy, instances have existed since vanilla, and garrisons have easily provided it for years. And yet oddly enough you don't hear about hardcore ERP going on in people's forts.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-10-24 at 04:41 AM.

To the OP:

This idea is a treamendous waste of developer resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    I mean, they aren't?

Player Housing is about having your own space to customize, furnish and adorn with various furnishings and proof of your achievements (of whatever form you so choose). Garrisons allowed no real customization and definitely no personalization. You have the choice of various preset buildings in various predetermined spots in a predecided location. Nothing in my garrison approaches saying "Yup. This is MY space." And certainly nothing about it says "This is a space that I want show off to others."
    It's not player housing, it's not guild housing; they don't even approach the same purpose.
    I never said they are.

I literally can't think of a bigger waste of time and resources.

The Sims already exists, if you want to build houses go play that, there's virtually no reason to ever put that into WoW. It's hands down the dumbest idea I've ever read, and there's a damn good reason Blizzard hasn't already added it.

The fact that some people genuinely want the next big feature to be decorating houses blows my fucking mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    No, it isn't.
    agree 100%

Really, nope we don't.

I've played Wildstar and ESO a lot, both with vast player housing systems. Both are fun in the beginning but then turns into either a chore (if you "have" to go there and do stuff on regular basis) or you just simply get bored of it and never care about them again. For the few that actually like housing (probably same guys that love to build massive cities in Minecraft and such), they are most likely a very little group and have much better games around for house-building purposes. I personally think this would be a huge waste of resources, it will be fun for a month to deck it out in whatever crap we will get from raids, craft and whatnot but the novelty will disappear fast and it will just be another wasted idea where too many people spent too much time creating something for way too little lasting usage.
    Last edited by Dawon; 2019-10-24 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Guild Halls > Housing
    There is empirical data that guild halls would only be fun for guild leader and officers, as they will be allowed the vast majority of control.

Blizzard does not want to create systems where "the leaders" have the most fun and say. Furthermore, they don't want people congregating in their own little areas away from the rest of the world, which is what this would do. It's why housing and garrisons will not exist.