Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    For some reason...i have a conspiracy theory about players who want "player housing" in the game.

I think every player who really really wants this...its for erotic roleplaying.
    There, i said it.

I cant find a better explanation for being obsessed with this feature.
    Last edited by Shadoowpunk; 2019-10-24 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Now you might say one of 2 thing. "But we already had garrisons!" or "Lets just have guild housing for the "MMO" game!"

Here are my responses. Garrisons are not player housing by a mile. and 2, Who says player housing has to be solo only? Did anyone play games like Runescape? where you could have mini games and even dungeons inside of your home and invite others in for parties? (not to mention demon butlers!) Ark and conan exiles you can invite others in for RP or as a base of operation.

Player housing would be content in the game that would not only bring us back to older content, but last up through new content and even last through future expansions, instead of being an expansion feature and being left behind like the farm.

The only issue i can think of, is how you would build the base of the house, because we would have 3 options;

1; The home is pre-built but you can decorate it (almost like skyrim but you can add in what ever furniture you want)
    2; You can build it in spaces / rooms and add upstairs and downstairs. (Like in Runescape)
    3; You have full control of building it like in Ark or Conan exiles.

The game should allow us to have a choice between various areas of the game. Like choosing to live in tanaris, winterspring, mulgore, etc. But it would just be a template and it would ne instance. Like the homes in runescape. That you would need to venture to the portal of the designated zone to enter. (This would also allow for gathering hubs for players who wish to form parties.)

Now for the content.

Up untill now I have been using runescape alot as an example, one thing I do not want from runescape, however, is the building profession grind. While I am not fully opposed to having a profession for creating and selling various furniture, and it would allow for more ingame trading between people. I think other ways of collecting furniture, or even the recipes to create the furniture should remain in the world, pvp and in PVP.. (and maybe pet battles for those people too)

There can be standard tables and chairs, but themed furniture and decor is what most people want.

How about we return to WoD to find and collect Orcish tables, banners, fur rugs?
    Or gnomergan for gnomish decor?
    Even northrend for the more northern, hunting lodge themed decor sets, or even vrykrul themed?
    Mulgore and highmountain for tauren totems.

There are LOADS of possibilities with player housing that can be a reward for many current and even new forms of content that can bring us back to older expacs and even feed into newer expacs so it will always be relevant.

And the best part, unlike garrisons, these would be cosmetic only, and not mandatory for raiding
    I for one, would greatly welcome player housing, as long as it's done well and not something Blizz put together over a weekend.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    Now you might say one of 2 thing. "But we already had garrisons!" or "Lets just have guild housing for the "MMO" game!"

Here are my responses. Garrisons are not player housing by a mile. and 2, Who says player housing has to be solo only? Did anyone play games like Runescape? where you could have mini games and even dungeons inside of your home and invite others in for parties? (not to mention demon butlers!) Ark and conan exiles you can invite others in for RP or as a base of operation.

Player housing would be content in the game that would not only bring us back to older content, but last up through new content and even last through future expansions, instead of being an expansion feature and being left behind like the farm.

The only issue i can think of, is how you would build the base of the house, because we would have 3 options;

1; The home is pre-built but you can decorate it (almost like skyrim but you can add in what ever furniture you want)
    2; You can build it in spaces / rooms and add upstairs and downstairs. (Like in Runescape)
    3; You have full control of building it like in Ark or Conan exiles.

The game should allow us to have a choice between various areas of the game. Like choosing to live in tanaris, winterspring, mulgore, etc. But it would just be a template and it would ne instance. Like the homes in runescape. That you would need to venture to the portal of the designated zone to enter. (This would also allow for gathering hubs for players who wish to form parties.)

Now for the content.

Up untill now I have been using runescape alot as an example, one thing I do not want from runescape, however, is the building profession grind. While I am not fully opposed to having a profession for creating and selling various furniture, and it would allow for more ingame trading between people. I think other ways of collecting furniture, or even the recipes to create the furniture should remain in the world, pvp and in PVP.. (and maybe pet battles for those people too)

There can be standard tables and chairs, but themed furniture and decor is what most people want.

How about we return to WoD to find and collect Orcish tables, banners, fur rugs?
    Or gnomergan for gnomish decor?
    Even northrend for the more northern, hunting lodge themed decor sets, or even vrykrul themed?
    Mulgore and highmountain for tauren totems.

There are LOADS of possibilities with player housing that can be a reward for many current and even new forms of content that can bring us back to older expacs and even feed into newer expacs so it will always be relevant.

And the best part, unlike garrisons, these would be cosmetic only, and not mandatory for raiding
    This is your opinion of what you need. I don't want/need it so really no one needs/wants it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    For some reason...i have a conspiracy theory about players who want "player housing" in the game.

There, i said it.

This says more about you than anyone else.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    This says more about you than anyone else.
    Its a house!
    Without gameplay whatsoever! Why would anyone want an imaginary house without any gameplay? i simply dont understand!

Its a house!
    Without gameplay whatsoever! Why would anyone want an imaginary house without any gameplay? i simply dont understand!
    If you ever played UO with player housing, you'd understand why anyone would want one.
    Player housing in uo was fun, albeit the bugs that people used to get in other houses, losing keys to PKs..etc
    FF 14 housing is a very good example of a housing system imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Or you do the sensible thing and only implement step 1 and stop there, which the devs are totally able to do.
    Look at the game as it currently is and all the changes the development team over the years. Now look at that list, again. Do you honestly think Blizzard would do the "sensible thing" and not progressively go down that list for implementation?
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    If you ever played UO with player housing, you'd understand why anyone would want one.
    Player housing in uo was fun, albeit the bugs that people used to get in other houses, losing keys to PKs..etc
    FF 14 housing is a very good example of a housing system imo.
    Im not familiar with the housing in those games.
    IMO a "housing" system needs more than just a "house".

Lets say, if your house had a FARM...and that farm made gold...thats another story.
    But simply having a house makes no sense to me. Whats the point of that (if not, conspiracy theory, to E-Roleplay )

Im not familiar with the housing in those games.
    IMO a "housing" system needs more than just a "house".

Lets say, if your house had a FARM...and that farm made gold...thats another story.
    But simply having a house makes no sense to me. Whats the point of that (if not, conspiracy theory, to E-Roleplay )
    UO housing system had houses *small tents to huge castles* in the open world, so people used bugs etc to enter them. Also you needed to keep a key on your toon, so if you died to another player, they got your key. FF 14 has shards on the server for only houses, so it's much better. I was informed that FF also has an apartment system, pretty much a house but w/o the outer area. hehe

I can understand the logic behind having a house that made you money.

FFXIV is overloaded with player housing and the main hubs are still overflowing even though there's no real benefit to being there. In fact housing districts are often quite empty except for guild housing where members sometimes hang out at for fun.

This whole overexaggeration of "omg people are going to sit in their houses" is ridiculous. People go to major cities because they are more convenient and they like seeing other players. Then again, I forget how antisocial WoW can be by nature. In that case, maybe we should have housing just so that players can finally complete the cycle instead of pursuing this ongoing fiction of 'community' where non truly exists.

Don't even bother bringing up garrisons. Players were forced to sit around doing boring-ass garrison chores that took all damn day. Naturally they are going to be sitting there doing them, because they don't have a choice. And GARRISONS ARE NOT PLAYER HOUSING. They have literally nothing in common. Garrisons are not designed to be customized aesthetically and enjoyed, they are 100% mechanical, arbitrarily designed to perform chores and little else.

Houses would not be that way, which is probably why they were never added--you can't just paste in housing effortlessly. It would require implementation and customization, a lot of diverse game design that Blizzard isn't going to bother with for something that doesn't involve PvP combat, raiding, or endless world quest grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

There, i said it.

Sure, plenty of people enjoy it for that. And let them. Most players just like customizing their houses, though. Having a place to hang out with guildies is nice. Any RP server would love having them for hosting events as well.

But nah, every house is really just Goldshire Inn.

Hate to break it to you, but if players just want privacy, instances have existed since vanilla, and garrisons have easily provided it for years. And yet oddly enough you don't hear about hardcore ERP going on in people's forts.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-10-24 at 04:41 AM.

To the OP:

This idea is a treamendous waste of developer resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    I mean, they aren't?

Player Housing is about having your own space to customize, furnish and adorn with various furnishings and proof of your achievements (of whatever form you so choose). Garrisons allowed no real customization and definitely no personalization. You have the choice of various preset buildings in various predetermined spots in a predecided location. Nothing in my garrison approaches saying "Yup. This is MY space." And certainly nothing about it says "This is a space that I want show off to others."
    It's not player housing, it's not guild housing; they don't even approach the same purpose.
    I never said they are.

I literally can't think of a bigger waste of time and resources.

The Sims already exists, if you want to build houses go play that, there's virtually no reason to ever put that into WoW. It's hands down the dumbest idea I've ever read, and there's a damn good reason Blizzard hasn't already added it.

The fact that some people genuinely want the next big feature to be decorating houses blows my fucking mind.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    No, it isn't.
    agree 100%

Really, nope we don't.

I've played Wildstar and ESO a lot, both with vast player housing systems. Both are fun in the beginning but then turns into either a chore (if you "have" to go there and do stuff on regular basis) or you just simply get bored of it and never care about them again. For the few that actually like housing (probably same guys that love to build massive cities in Minecraft and such), they are most likely a very little group and have much better games around for house-building purposes. I personally think this would be a huge waste of resources, it will be fun for a month to deck it out in whatever crap we will get from raids, craft and whatnot but the novelty will disappear fast and it will just be another wasted idea where too many people spent too much time creating something for way too little lasting usage.
    Last edited by Dawon; 2019-10-24 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    there are many problems with player housing:

-the main hubs being empty, something blizzard doesnt want.
    -we already had player housing with garrisons and it didnt work.

guild housing is a better idea, but that still have some problems.
    You know, Garrisons are not the only way to go about it. It was first thing that Blizz came up with because they thought it would be cool.
    They were wrong but they were smart to use that into class halls and whatnot.

I still think WoW could use housing but not in new expansion but rather in Azeroth because you always go back to Orgrimmar or Stormwind for some reason and that feels more like "home" than anything else.
    "Each and every citizen of Orgrimmar is worth ten Alliance weaklings on the battlefield."
    "You are all nothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Guild Halls > Housing
    There is empirical data that guild halls would only be fun for guild leader and officers, as they will be allowed the vast majority of control.

Blizzard does not want to create systems where "the leaders" have the most fun and say. Furthermore, they don't want people congregating in their own little areas away from the rest of the world, which is what this would do. It's why housing and garrisons will not exist.